HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:26 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Discussion
Double Horse 9100 Series 3-channel Helis

A SYMA four-channel cannot be far off?

Nice-looking package the 9100 Double Horse helicopter comes in.

What I know about it so far...

Minigun Movie Prop M134 LIVE VIDEO (1 min 18 sec)
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Last edited by killbucket; Sep 03, 2012 at 05:04 PM. Reason: People will be telling you about That Killbucket Guy, for years to come, get used to it.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:27 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
3-channel just had their lunch, now eying their dinner.
How many people like myself, spent the equivalent money on a row of 3-chee's this last year, instead of snagging a "better" model with more channels?
And still ended up happy in the end.
Three channel is not better or worse, than 4, 6, 7, etc., because it's a whole different category. One that can no longer be relegated to beginner only status.

This model, the Double Horse 9100, is one good-looking helicopter, gotta give it that.
Last edited by killbucket; Jan 30, 2011 at 05:33 PM. Reason: ... will be telling you about That Killbucket Guy, for years to come, get used to it.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:33 AM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
3 or 4?

XHeli's webpage for this copter says it's a "3 channel". How? It looks to me like a 4 channel FP. A typo?

I too imagined it would be a matter of time before Syma, DH, and others would dabble with 4 channel helis, but I thought they would start with coaxials first, not single rotors.

Regardless, looks really nice for $60 bucks.

Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by killbucket View Post
A SYMA four-channel cannot be far off?

Nice-looking package the 9100 Double Horse helicopter comes in.

This reminds me of SYMA's S031 tail setup, flopped sideways.

Is this collective pitch? I think it is
!!!

Looks beefy for $60.00..note the old-school radio wire antenna, though. No giggy-hurts here.

Interesting layout...notice the mass is not concentrated in the lower part of the chassis. somebody thought carefully, designing this.

If the head stays together, this may be a popular model this coming year. I said 3-channel companies WOULD market 4-channel copters.
Nanny-nanny, boo, boo, Nay-Sayers!

edwong3 is offline Find More Posts by edwong3
Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:41 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwong3 View Post
XHeli's webpage for this copter says it's a "3 channel". How? It looks to me like a 4 channel FP. A typo?

I too imagined it would be a matter of time before Syma, DH, and others would dabble with 4 channel helis, but I thought they would start with coaxials first, not single rotors.

Regardless, looks really nice for $60 bucks.

Ed

Yeah, Xheli website guys got it all messed up. It's a 4 channel Fixed pitch heli with a nice 45 degree flybar, should be more stable than the typical HBFP and Walkera #4 90 degree Flybar FP birds, which are extremely difficult to fly. I like this 9101, carbon frame and the 45 degree flybar for $60 shipped, it's only slightly smaller than HBFP and Walkera #4.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:42 AM
Hovering is a way of Life
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
1,937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
Yeah, Xheli website guys got it all messed up.
Thats a shocker
jtravel is online now Find More Posts by jtravel
Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:47 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,355 Posts
Quote:
BTW, I am moving the bulk of my posting activity to...

"The other forum, that just does the 3-channel thing, like I do."
First of all this is not a Coax, second you keep saying you are staying away or have left the building but you keep coming back.
frieslander is offline Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:55 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
I think this is a 3-channel, disguised as something else. I'm not seeing servos anywhere, and there may be only one inside the thing.

Looking for more pics...

The Tx for this model, the Double Horse 9100, is equipped with "trimming" sliders on each axis that moves.
I didn't determine if they were the same as, or finer adjusting than, the knobs you see at the upper corners of the unit, that do function.

go to post#743 of "New to Ebay this week. 4-ch metal mini heli $33".

Last edited by killbucket; Jan 30, 2011 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Learn how to really, really use the Search function
Old Dec 21, 2010, 11:05 AM
Centreville, Va
Joined Nov 2010
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
First of all this is not a Coax, second you keep saying you are staying away or have left the building but you keep coming back.
WOW I'm feeling the "love" here.

I saw this heli this am and was wondering why xheli lists it as a 3ch coax?
Wasn't there last night.
lerninmore is offline Find More Posts by lerninmore
Old Dec 21, 2010, 11:06 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
I do agree...it's thick in here.

Yes, let's keep this, On topic.

The paintwork on the Double Horse 9100 is striking, to say the least.
Last edited by killbucket; Jan 30, 2011 at 05:33 PM. Reason: People will be telling you about That Killbucket Guy, for years to come, get used to it.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 11:17 AM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
The only way I figure this could be a 3 channel is having the throttle just like in all other models for up, and down, rudder using the tail blade, and the elevator having only one swash plate servo for forward or backward travel, but no roll left or right capability as with a full on 4 channel.

Would anyone else care to speculate if that could be it?

Ed

Edit update: I don't know, I do see other linkages on the swash so maybe this truly is a 4 channel after all. Xheli probably goofed up.
edwong3 is offline Find More Posts by edwong3
Old Dec 21, 2010, 11:18 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
I think you nailed it.
I bet it can be retro-fitted, though...

EDIT:

Yes, the Double Horse 9100 has an un-used servo mount, it can be just seen under the rear edge of the canopy here.
Last edited by killbucket; Jan 30, 2011 at 05:34 PM. Reason: People will be telling you about That Killbucket Guy, for years to come, get used to it.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 11:24 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwong3 View Post
-snip-

Edit update: I don't know, I do see other linkages on the swash so maybe this truly is a 4 channel after all. Xheli probably goofed up.
They have done a great job of hiding where those front ball linked rods go to!

EDIT:

Yep, the Double Horse 9100 heli has dog-bones at the front swash-balls.
Last edited by killbucket; Jan 30, 2011 at 05:34 PM. Reason: People will be telling you about That Killbucket Guy, for years to come, get used to it.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 11:25 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,355 Posts
Quote:
What'r you, the door-keeper?

It's a free world, pal.

I can say pretty much anything...and it looks foolish saying I should "keep my word" or something.

I noticed you have NOT chastised "Chanerz" for starting the other thread about it...

What's so special about me?

Is having a high post count without being an insider here taboo ?

BACK on-topic:

I think this is a 3-channel, disguised as something else. I'm not seeing servos anywhere, and there may be only one inside the thing.

Looking for more pics...
WOW a chip on your shoulder! Just stated the facts, too bad you have a short fuse!
frieslander is offline Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Dec 21, 2010, 11:28 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Just struck me as interesting who was talking, that's all.

Water under the bridge.

I think this is a four-channel CP airframe dummy-down to 3 channel OP.

EDIT:

Yes indeed, the Double Horse 9100 heli is a full-on single-rotor FFP bird, lacking just one servo to make it "LAMA".
Old Dec 21, 2010, 11:29 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,596 Posts
Quote:
What'r you, the door-keeper?

It's a free world, pal.

I can say pretty much anything...and it looks foolish saying I should "keep my word" or something.

I noticed you have NOT chastised "Chanerz" for starting the other thread about it...

What's so special about me?

Is having a high post count without being an insider here taboo ?

BACK on-topic:

Looking for more pics...

No, you can clearly see the 2 servos, swash plate, and the linkages. Single rotor fixed pitch with motor driven tail. nothing ground breaking here except for the low price for a 370 motored Fixed pitch bird,but it does have a 45 degree flybar which is a big improvement over the traditional HBFP and Walkera #4 FP's.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap