HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 13, 2010, 10:14 PM
Jets are for kids-of all ages
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
That Tomcat is very detailed. Pheonix missles and the engines in the inlets. Nice. Here are some shots from tonight.

Roger
mullinspsm is offline Find More Posts by mullinspsm
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2010, 11:06 PM
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
O.K. I'm NOT being a pain, but here are Airways charts showing those intersections (waypoints). They are just intersections in our National Airspace System. When you tell FSX you are starting in Key West, you open and close Flight Planner it loads those intersections in that area initially for use. But you can also open the GPS, hit nearest, switch to intersections screen and you have done the same thing. It does work, so you can do it either way. But if you forget to open flight planner (yes like I always do). You can load the facility waypoints by the GPS in the plane.

Roger
Old Jul 14, 2010, 05:58 AM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
United States, FL, Florahome
Joined Feb 2009
3,921 Posts
Roger,

I see what you mean,but I never could find those maps. Now that I don't have GPS(in any of my planes), I may have to reload FSX-

I knew something wasn't right when my first waypoint was 1250 miles away, anyhow I'll figure it out and try again.

Later
JT
WhiskeyJake is offline Find More Posts by WhiskeyJake
Old Jul 14, 2010, 06:27 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Joined Feb 2009
3,921 Posts
Just got in and and reinstalling FSX as I type, so hope to be on later.
JT
Old Jul 14, 2010, 08:30 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Joined Feb 2009
3,921 Posts
Got it and running nobody showed up tonight so closing down for now.

Roger I still can't find where you got those maps????(well I should say I don't have a intersection screen, but will go back in later in try again.
Later
JT
Old Jul 14, 2010, 08:47 PM
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
JT,

Those maps are from my AOPA Site. (for real pilots)HA. But they are the same ones that the GPS will pull up in FSX on the (Nrst) button on the GPS. The map just helps to see which one is conveinent to set the carrier on. (Like in Key West TADPO is about 40 miles away- but BUSBY is right off the West end of Key West about 2 miles).

I tried to load those detailed Carriers and now my FSX will not even show the Add On Scenery on the menu bar. So now I have NO carriers. I don't know what else to do, I have tried reloading Addon Scenery directory and I even redownloaded AI Carriers and reloaded it like new and still nothing works.

Roger
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:21 PM
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
JT,

Well I don't know actally how but I got all my Carriers back... and then some. I found a downloaded the USS Reagan. and you run it just like a plane, So I AM THE CARRIER. It is pretty cool. I will like to try this. Here are some shots, you can put it on autopilot and then stand outside and watch the flight operations.

Roger
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:24 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Joined Feb 2009
3,921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullinspsm View Post
JT,

Those maps are from my AOPA Site. (for real pilots)HA. But they are the same ones that the GPS will pull up in FSX on the (Nrst) button on the GPS. The map just helps to see which one is conveinent to set the carrier on. (Like in Key West TADPO is about 40 miles away- but BUSBY is right off the West end of Key West about 2 miles).

I tried to load those detailed Carriers and now my FSX will not even show the Add On Scenery on the menu bar. So now I have NO carriers. I don't know what else to do, I have tried reloading Addon Scenery directory and I even redownloaded AI Carriers and reloaded it like new and still nothing works.

Roger
Nothing against the maps but when you just use the NRST on the GPS it seems to get the ships to close in. That is why I go thru the pages and find a wpt 30-40 miles out, which gives you a chance to go find them so to say.
Oh well to each his own.

Let me know if you're going to be home tomorrow and see if we can get your ships back.
I reloaded everything and all is well,still have a bunch of planes yet.

Later
JT
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:26 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Joined Feb 2009
3,921 Posts
Quote:
JT,

Well I don't know actally how but I got all my Carriers back... and then some. I found a downloaded the USS Reagan. and you run it just like a plane, So I AM THE CARRIER. It is pretty cool. I will like to try this. Here are some shots, you can put it on autopilot and then stand outside and watch the flight operations.

Roger
Looks good,I think that is the one I got that you use the plat camera on? Will check it out...

JT
Old Jul 14, 2010, 11:03 PM
beginning night flyer
Anacortes,WA
Joined Dec 2007
482 Posts
will you guys be on tonight? i dont have acceleration is that ok?
RCpilotwantabe is offline Find More Posts by RCpilotwantabe
Old Jul 14, 2010, 11:30 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Joined Feb 2009
3,921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCpilotwantabe View Post
will you guys be on tonight? i dont have acceleration is that ok?
RC.......
Already shut down for tonight. We usually are on around 7:30-8:00 PM Eastern Time. You are welcome anytime. You need at least SP2 to fly in the session, Accelerator if you want to have the carriers and be able to fly Accelerator aircraft give a try and see how it goes.

Roger,
Forgot I had these. Both F-15's suck, 1 has no gauges the other has gauges but don't work.

The P-38 is pretty good even has VC cockpit with working gauges. I'm only going to keep the good fliers and junk the rest
Old Jul 15, 2010, 12:12 AM
beginning night flyer
Anacortes,WA
Joined Dec 2007
482 Posts
ok i just downloaded sp2, ill hop in at some point
RCpilotwantabe is offline Find More Posts by RCpilotwantabe
Old Jul 15, 2010, 09:43 AM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Joined Feb 2009
3,921 Posts
Roger,

Don't you and Rick have a working F-15? I must have deleted the wrong one.

JT
Old Jul 15, 2010, 10:54 AM
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
Yes, We both have good F-15's

I need to have you and Rick download the USS Reagan CVN76 so that it will show up in multiplayer.Just Google it it is only 9mb so it loads quick. Otherwise Your system will substitute a plane instead......that would be hard to land on.

Roger
Old Jul 15, 2010, 11:43 AM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Joined Feb 2009
3,921 Posts
Quote:
Yes, We both have good F-15's

I need to have you and Rick download the USS Reagan CVN76 so that it will show up in multiplayer.Just Google it it is only 9mb so it loads quick. Otherwise Your system will substitute a plane instead......that would be hard to land on.

Roger
Where from? (F-15) I've got the Reagan somewhere. You're not going to make a hard right turn when we are landing????? LOL

Found another that might interest y'all, need to find a different texture.