HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 02, 2010, 04:06 PM
Wolf Pack RC Heli Club
East of the Sun and West of the Moon
Joined Apr 2010
17 Posts
Thanks, jason. we did glue the tail rotor as it was not all that tight but what it really turned out to be was that one of the wires broke off and we solder a new 3-wire harness (prior to my post) and the tail rotor was turning backwards. resoldered and flys great now!
WolfPack Leadr is offline Find More Posts by WolfPack Leadr
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2010, 09:52 PM
JossyRC dot com
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Feb 2010
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfPack Leadr View Post
What we really need is a CB100 Wiki. ....
I'll be starting to put together a knowledge base next week (searchable database of mods, repairs, reviews etc - straight content).

It's not much to put together the application - but it is a fair amount of work to populate it - if anybody is willing to re-submit their mods and reviews etc drop me a PM. If there is enough interest in it I will put together a "contributors panel" where this stuff can be dropped in.
JossyRC is offline Find More Posts by JossyRC
Old Aug 03, 2010, 03:19 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,700 Posts
oops
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
Old Aug 03, 2010, 06:42 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic k2 View Post
oops
Hi Magic,
Although the timing of your post was wrong. It was still a really good answer that might help people.
If the tail motor is spinning the wrong way,Just unplug the tail wires (3 wires) at the ESC and turn the connector 180 degrees. (Be sure it is the 3 pin connector you turn 180 degrees though and not the 2 pin connector)
Regards Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Old Aug 03, 2010, 09:27 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski View Post
Hi Magic,
Although the timing of your post was wrong. It was still a really good answer that might help people.
If the tail motor is spinning the wrong way,Just unplug the tail wires (3 wires) at the ESC and turn the connector 180 degrees. (Be sure it is the 3 pin connector you turn 180 degrees though and not the 2 pin connector)
Regards Jason
I feel really clever now,,i will say oops more often lol oh ye,,just a thought but a guy was asking about the cb100 leaning to one side as a lot of new people do,,have you thought of doing a set of LG that is longer or shorter on one side so that the heli looks flat in the air ,,i hate the slope look also.
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
Last edited by Magic k2; Aug 03, 2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old Aug 03, 2010, 02:04 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Okay guys, I had the chance to fly the new flybarless CB100 yesterday and I have to say it flew pretty good. It is definitely quicker to respond than the original model. It is also not as easy to fly or hover. The old CB100 would pretty much hover all on its own while this one needs to be "flown". However, IMO, it has better cyclic authority and with the servo throw turned up to 100%, it will handle outdoors as well. Taking off is much like the 4#3B where it tends to slide left. You will have to give some right stick to lift off, but once in the air (and out of the blade wash) it is pretty stable. Couldn't risk much since this is 1 of 2 in the world. The Rx has 3 boards and is very narrow. As a matter of fact, it fits on the tray. Amazing. There is also Elev and Aile ext pot (cool) and of course the 3 axis gyro pots. Also, the tail motor ESC is now using the standard 3 wire lead plug instead of the single white wire. It has bigger main blades and a metal tail box for the 2g BL tail motor with a CF tail stand. Pretty nice overall.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Aug 03, 2010, 02:11 PM
JossyRC dot com
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Feb 2010
561 Posts
Thanks Daryl, that was exactly the info I was looking for.

Couple questions... could a CB be coverted by swapping out hte RX and placing a ball link where the mixing arm screw are (and remove the flybar of course)? So I gess what is pertinent is.... will the CB ESCs work with that RX (if the tail plug is different then I guess the answer is no).
Old Aug 03, 2010, 03:22 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JossyRC View Post
Couple questions... could a CB be coverted by swapping out hte RX and placing a ball link where the mixing arm screw are (and remove the flybar of course)? So I gess what is pertinent is.... will the CB ESCs work with that RX (if the tail plug is different then I guess the answer is no).
Hi Jossy,

The V100D01 is based on the 4#3 frame with the anti-rotation centered to accommodate the new FBL head.

The only way it really resembles a CB100 is in size.

Regards,
John
1Hammer is online now Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Old Aug 03, 2010, 04:14 PM
JossyRC dot com
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Feb 2010
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Hammer View Post
Hi Jossy,

The V100D01 is based on the 4#3 frame with the anti-rotation centered to accommodate the new FBL head.

The only way it really resembles a CB100 is in size.

Regards,
John
Are the servos switched or something between these two. My thinking is.. by-passing the flybar linkage for a direct connection between the swash and the head would mean there is no need to replace the head - or the swash (so the anti-rotation shouldn't be a factor) so there is no need ot replace hardware - just the RX. Seems where the servo arms are on the swash is the same as the CB100 (one on the left - one in front) - so nix the flybar and the mixing arm and put a ball link where the mixing arm attached to the hub should be the only hardware mod... I guess I will see how expensive the RX and give it a try...
Old Aug 03, 2010, 04:34 PM
Joined Mar 2007
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
Okay guys, I had the chance to fly the new flybarless CB100 yesterday and I have to say it flew pretty good. It is definitely quicker to respond than the original model. It is also not as easy to fly or hover. The old CB100 would pretty much hover all on its own while this one needs to be "flown". However, IMO, it has better cyclic authority and with the servo throw turned up to 100%, it will handle outdoors as well. Taking off is much like the 4#3B where it tends to slide left. You will have to give some right stick to lift off, but once in the air (and out of the blade wash) it is pretty stable. Couldn't risk much since this is 1 of 2 in the world. The Rx has 3 boards and is very narrow. As a matter of fact, it fits on the tray. Amazing. There is also Elev and Aile ext pot (cool) and of course the 3 axis gyro pots. Also, the tail motor ESC is now using the standard 3 wire lead plug instead of the single white wire. It has bigger main blades and a metal tail box for the 2g BL tail motor with a CF tail stand. Pretty nice overall.
Have you flown a V120D01? If so how does it compare? I have a V120 and a couple of CB100/4#3 size helis. I'd love it if the V100 flew like the V120 just in the form factor of the CB100/4#3.

Dan
Dan203 is offline Find More Posts by Dan203
Old Aug 03, 2010, 09:29 PM
Joined Jan 2010
432 Posts
Quote:
Also, the tail motor ESC is now using the standard 3 wire lead plug instead of the single white wire.
New v100d01 powering the tail esc and tail motor via 3 wire servo cable instead of 2 dedicated power wire on old cb100?

Do you think we don't need to reduce weight from stock form for quick and light flight? Can you compare v100d01 with stock 4#3Bv3 about it? I liked the way old old 4#3b which had brushed main and tail motor flow. It was quick and light.

Which tail gyro v100d01 has, head lock mode gyro or rate mode gyro? From recent trend of 3-axis gyro from walkera, I expect v100d01 has hh mode gyro.

Thanks,
yosi is offline Find More Posts by yosi
Last edited by yosi; Aug 03, 2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old Aug 03, 2010, 10:43 PM
Joined Apr 2010
629 Posts
Quote:
Couldn't risk much since this is 1 of 2 in the world.
I've seen you say this about a number of helicopters... "The only one in the world." "The only one in the USA". "The only protoype." LOL come on, it's not like these are prototype exotic cars, they're toy helicopters. I'm betting that Walkera made much more than two of them, and if they only made two, I don't think one of them would be in this country.
Technica is offline Find More Posts by Technica
Old Aug 04, 2010, 01:35 AM
Joined Mar 2007
1,147 Posts
Perhaps it simply belonged to someone else and he didn't want to break it. Whether you're flying a prototype micro heli or driving a Bugatti Veyron you never want to break someone else's toy.

Dan
Dan203 is offline Find More Posts by Dan203
Old Aug 04, 2010, 02:06 AM
Joined Apr 2010
629 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
Perhaps it simply belonged to someone else and he didn't want to break it. Whether you're flying a prototype micro heli or driving a Bugatti Veyron you never want to break someone else's toy.

Dan
I think you missed the point of my sarcasm. LOL
Technica is offline Find More Posts by Technica
Old Aug 04, 2010, 06:23 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technica View Post
I think you missed the point of my sarcasm. LOL
Or he's out there promoting every new heli Walkera comes out with for WOW Hobbies.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack