New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 26, 2015, 05:31 AM
Find More Posts by benz11
Australia, WA, North Perth
Joined Jan 2014
114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by khooke View Post

...After my last flight it wouldn't throttle up on the next battery pack...
I think I know what you are referring to... I have owned 2 AS3Xtras, bought a year apart, and on both of mine the motor will only get power every second time I connect the battery, even though the control surfaces work every time. This happens with every size and age of battery I own. On my first one, I put it down to a glitchy receiver or battery connector, but my newer AS3Xtra does the exact same thing. All I have to do is unplug the battery then reconnect it, and the prop spins again. Simple enough, but still pretty frustrating.
benz11 is online now Find More Posts by benz11
Last edited by benz11; Jun 26, 2015 at 06:57 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2015, 05:32 AM
Find More Posts by benz11
Australia, WA, North Perth
Joined Jan 2014
114 Posts
Hi guys is anyone here able to convert a SketchUp file into another file type? I would love to take a look at the plans 3DRankin has very kindly shared with us back in post #2932, on page 196 (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post30944911) but my computers old OS won't even let me install the SketchUp viewing software... Could anyone convert them (to maybe .pdf files) and repost them here? (He also included plans for a 4-Site that I would love to see). Thanks in advance!
benz11 is online now Find More Posts by benz11
Old Jun 26, 2015, 06:32 AM
Find More Posts by john4565
Australia, QLD, Noosa Heads
Joined Dec 2012
103 Posts
I gave up on velcro and use a piece of heatshrink tubing that has been lightly shrunk to the size of the LiPo (use a dead LiPo or a balsa copy if you're worried about cooking a real LiPo) to make a good push fit and then attach the 'LiPo holder' to the fuselage with double sided tape. Hopefully the attached image shows it better than I can describe it.

So far, I haven't had a LiPo fall out or even move during a flight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darticus View Post
Where can we get new velcro for this plane? Is there a fix for it when it stops holding. Thanks Ron
john4565 is offline Find More Posts by john4565
Old Jun 26, 2015, 07:06 AM
Find More Posts by darticus
United States, NJ, Sparta Township
Joined Mar 2007
1,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flypaper 2 View Post
This stuff would work well Darticus You can get it at Michaels. It's finer/thinner than your regular Velcro. Works very well for the smaller planes but still gets a good bite.

Gord.
Thanks I will check it out. Ron
darticus is online now Find More Posts by darticus
Old Jun 26, 2015, 08:33 AM
Find More Posts by Woody_99
Too much is just not enough...
Joined Jan 2009
1,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by john4565 View Post
I gave up on velcro and use a piece of heatshrink tubing that has been lightly shrunk to the size of the LiPo (use a dead LiPo or a balsa copy if you're worried about cooking a real LiPo) to make a good push fit and then attach the 'LiPo holder' to the fuselage with double sided tape. Hopefully the attached image shows it better than I can describe it.

I've been doing the same thing, and it works great. I did it initially because the Velcro stuck too well and I was afraid I was going to rip the plane taking them off.
In addition, you don't need Velcro on the battery, so it will work in other models too. (micro heli's and Quads)

Woody_99 is online now Find More Posts by Woody_99
Old Jun 26, 2015, 08:35 AM
Find More Posts by BryanEW710
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Sep 2010
1,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by john4565 View Post

That's a good idea. I might consider that for my UMX Beast 3D.
BryanEW710 is offline Find More Posts by BryanEW710