New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 05, 2015, 11:49 AM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
11,975 Posts
Stock Nano is fine and if thats what you like great. Nobody has to do anything. Those who installed bl kit know right away the difference. Higher head speed makes heli more stable but yet very agile. Disk loading changes for the better.
I myself helf off unit converting other helis to bl. Wake up call big time. My bl Mini c/p is very close to flying like the Nano BL. Not just boost in power but also the sound heli makes.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2015, 01:16 PM
Find More Posts by rcflyair
United States, OK, Ada
Joined Jun 2007
667 Posts
Yeah, I like the brushed motor for inside, and the brushless for outside. Trouble is if the weather's nice, I tend to fly something a little bigger, so the brushless doesn't get much use....
rcflyair is online now Find More Posts by rcflyair
Old Jul 05, 2015, 02:41 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
11,975 Posts
The Nano is great little bird but it is small. Pretty quick once you get it going and easy to get out of comfortable sight. Bright canopy/ colored blades work to a point. Even my 250's get small quicly out side. 450's may see big to some but not really. Then again no indoor helis for sure. IMO the 450 is idea size as compact size. I started with S107 G Co-Ax up the line to 450's. Micro world is fine and will keep most of them. Big advantage of birds like Nano pretty much fly anytime I like. That said big ole smile crusing around with couple good flying FBL 450's.
Old Yesterday, 12:13 AM
Find More Posts by JohnCC
United States, NJ, Paramus
Joined Nov 2014
91 Posts
I am totally new to helicopters in RC. I was looking at these initially, but shy'd away due to various reported problems with the stock setup. But now that it's been discontinued I've been seeking out other avenues to buy it. I found this little shop on ebay selling these premodded/'optimized'... some have brushless motors and a couple the new mmw motors.

All of them are heavily discounted. I ended up getting one for $75 with the new MMW motors, will let you guys know how it is. But if you're someone like me and want a heli in this form factor but just want some of the "bling" already done for you, this is a great option.

http://stores.ebay.com/cybertronicho...sub=7274044016
JohnCC is offline Find More Posts by JohnCC
Old Yesterday, 11:40 AM
Find More Posts by gtirob01
130x, 2x RB130x, nCPX, HK250GT
United States, FL, Crestview
Joined Dec 2012
59 Posts
HH bl motor will be in today! Cant wait to get home, get my workout in, then fly my new bl nano!

What batteries you guys using with the HH bl upgrade?
gtirob01 is online now Find More Posts by gtirob01
Old Yesterday, 12:01 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
11,975 Posts
E-flite 150 ma 45C rock little heli pretty good. Thats all I use. Tried others but none equal these.
Old Yesterday, 12:02 PM
Find More Posts by gtirob01
130x, 2x RB130x, nCPX, HK250GT
United States, FL, Crestview
Joined Dec 2012
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
E-flite 150 ma 45C rock little heli pretty good. Thats all I use. Tried others but none equal these.
Ok great, already have a few of them!
gtirob01 is online now Find More Posts by gtirob01
Old Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Find More Posts by CraigHB
crash tested
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Dec 2014
607 Posts
I have a number of small models that take those 150mAh batteries. The eFlight 45C ones are the best I've used so far. They seem to hold up pretty well and have good power.
CraigHB is online now Find More Posts by CraigHB
Old Yesterday, 01:19 PM
Find More Posts by T_Dogg80
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Jan 2015
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCC View Post
I am totally new to helicopters in RC. I was looking at these initially, but shy'd away due to various reported problems with the stock setup. But now that it's been discontinued I've been seeking out other avenues to buy it. I found this little shop on ebay selling these premodded/'optimized'... some have brushless motors and a couple the new mmw motors.

All of them are heavily discounted. I ended up getting one for $75 with the new MMW motors, will let you guys know how it is. But if you're someone like me and want a heli in this form factor but just want some of the "bling" already done for you, this is a great option.

This is a guy named JonJet over in the Heli Freak forums. It's amazing work. Everything he does is for the better on these things.
T_Dogg80 is online now Find More Posts by T_Dogg80
Old Yesterday, 02:14 PM
Find More Posts by tracknoob
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCC View Post
I found this little shop on ebay selling these premodded/'optimized'... some have brushless motors and a couple the new mmw motors.

Hmmm some of those look very interesting, and fairly reasonably priced. If I did not have three nanos already, I'd be all over that dual brushless yellow "Falcon Inferno" for a buck and a quarter. Nice looking canopy, and a nice set of upgrades. It's also good that he includes several good quality pics so you can actually see what you are getting. The one I'd *really* want for that price is the “Vector Sledge” nGoblinX Brushless, but I've learned that a bright, high vis/high contrast canopy is a must for me.

tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Yesterday, 03:38 PM
Find More Posts by stringrazor
Certifiable
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
2,947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
Hmmm some of those look very interesting, and fairly reasonably priced. If I did not have three nanos already, I'd be all over that dual brushless yellow "Falcon Inferno" for a buck and a quarter. Nice looking canopy, and a nice set of upgrades. It's also good that he includes several good quality pics so you can actually see what you are getting. The one I'd *really* want for that price is the “Vector Sledge” nGoblinX Brushless, but I've learned that a bright, high vis/high contrast canopy is a must for me.

Had to look again but it's not DUAL BRUSHLESS:

Horizon Hobby Brushless Upgrade Main Motor - 7mm Tail Motor

Too bad, I was warming up PayPal....
stringrazor is online now Find More Posts by stringrazor
Old Yesterday, 09:44 PM
Find More Posts by jaysB3
Rockin' in the free world
Durham, NC
Joined Jun 2010
70 Posts
Thanks JohnCC.

I wish I knew about this site earlier. His Nanos look like a good deal. These tiny birds are not easy to work on (I'm old). I'm thinking that his custom built Nanos will be gone before too long. They are very appealing to me. It's all custom work.

I already have 4 stock Nanos. And I'm still learning to fly these squirrely birds. So tempting.....
http://stores.ebay.com/cybertronicho...016&rmvSB=true
jaysB3 is offline Find More Posts by jaysB3
Old Yesterday, 09:57 PM
Find More Posts by jaysB3
Rockin' in the free world
Durham, NC
Joined Jun 2010
70 Posts
I just put a bid on a couple of Cybertronic Hobby Nanos. Could not help myself. Guess, I'm trying to corner the Nano market.

Both of them are BL. Oh, well. Here we go.....

http://stores.ebay.com/cybertronicho...016&rmvSB=true
jaysB3 is offline Find More Posts by jaysB3