Old Jun 24, 2015, 04:50 PM
Find More Posts by mndlg
United States, MN, White Bear Lake
Joined Aug 2011
132 Posts
MRCSS Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windependence View Post
Very nice there Bill. Looks like you will have it ready for this Saturdays MRCSS contest. I agree with you, building gets much harder to do once the weather gets nice. Your build is much further along from where it was last time you posted something. It actually looks like a sailplane now. Keep at it.

Wayne
Speaking of contests...

Yes, there will be a contest Saturday, the weather looks great, come on up and join the fun!

Here is the reminder I sent to the mrcss mailing list:

Reminder for this weekend's contest - Saturday June 27

The forecast looks great for Saturday! Let's hope for no more rain in the remaining days, Jirik's got a lot of rain early this week and needs time to dry out. John will give me the final assessment later this week, but for now I'm hopeful we'll have a field to fly from. Stay tuned for updates should we need to change our plan.

Check-in: 9:00-10:00 AM
Start Contest: 10:30 AM
Break for lunch: 12:30 PM
Fly until about: 4:00 PM
Certificates: 4:30 PM

!! Winch owners, please let me know if you can come and bring your winch !!

We will have cold water and snacks (sandwich stuff & chips)

If you could let us know if you plan on attending it will help John know how much food/water to get for the day's fun...

Thanks,
Dean
mndlg is online now Find More Posts by mndlg
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2015, 02:09 PM
Find More Posts by Windependence
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Mar 2008
2,763 Posts
The weather for tomorrow looks to be about as perfect as anyone could want for flying. Sadly, I have obligations tomorrow that will keep me grounded but I would encourage all of you to join the MRCSS group up at the Jirik sod farm. Jim R has informed me that it appears they will be having two classes, unlimited and RES so we will fit right in. Remember, you need to be AMA to fly at their site. It takes roughly an hour to drive to their field so keep that in mind if you decide to attend. It would be bad form to miss the check in time and they will need time to create the flight matrix.

If you do go up there please post back here and let me know how it was. I am sure it will be great but thermal stories are always fun to read when you cannot go out yourself.

Wayne
Windependence is offline Find More Posts by Windependence
Last edited by Windependence; Jun 26, 2015 at 02:56 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 02:20 PM
Find More Posts by mndlg
Joined Aug 2011
132 Posts
Thanks Wayne,

Let me clarify the Unlimited and RES class topic.

If there are three or more pilots with RES (or REF or just RE) we have a RES class award. If only one or two RES pilots show up you'll get grouped into the Unlimited class.

So, bring along a friend with an RES to be sure there is enough for a RES class!

-Dean
Old Jun 29, 2015, 02:24 PM
Find More Posts by ScienceGuyOrg
Joined Mar 2011
82 Posts
Pictures from Saturday Contest

Such a perfect day I decided to go to the contest, I didn't do very well but I was more there to watch. I have a new camera and got some pretty images and a short video.

http://scienceguyorg.blogspot.com/20...-saturday.html

Bill Kuhl
ScienceGuyOrg is offline Find More Posts by ScienceGuyOrg
Old Jun 29, 2015, 02:36 PM
Find More Posts by mndlg
Joined Aug 2011
132 Posts
Thanks for the nice write up Bill! And thanks for coming up and flying with us -- I hope you get the Gentle Lady fixed up and ready to go for the next contest.

Speaking of contests -- the MRCSS / Rochester Soaring team event is getting closer and closer, only a month and a half away. If any of you need some mentoring prior to the event please let me know and we'll get out and fly together. Need a hand with the winch? Landing tips? Thermal reading? Thermal flying? Just let me know and we'll hook you up with someone who will help out!

-Dean
Last edited by mndlg; Jun 29, 2015 at 02:41 PM.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 02:48 PM
Find More Posts by ScienceGuyOrg
Joined Mar 2011
82 Posts
Dean from what I see there are no bad pilots in the group. Hopefully I will have my Sig Riser flying by the next contest.

Bill
ScienceGuyOrg is offline Find More Posts by ScienceGuyOrg
Old Jun 29, 2015, 03:00 PM
Find More Posts by mndlg
Joined Aug 2011
132 Posts
Bill,

It is a group with a lot of talent. I'm lucky to be able to practice with these guys on a regular basis!

Can't wait to see your Riser in the air!

-Dean
Old Jul 01, 2015, 07:20 PM
Find More Posts by Windependence
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Mar 2008
2,763 Posts
Bill - Nice write up and pictures. It really turned out to be a great day for soaring. Wish I could have been there. Hopefully we will have a similar day for our July event. ALES is the format for July so get ready. We will finally get a chance to use those new landing tapes I made this spring.

Wayne
Windependence is offline Find More Posts by Windependence