HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 22, 2011, 09:35 AM
The Lone Blue Plaid Flyer
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,585 Posts
Thanks for the tip on the shirts Don. I'll head down to Penny's and have a look today. I assume that you got the "Navy" blue plaid.

Bob in Seattle 45 and raining
Bob Cook is offline Find More Posts by Bob Cook
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2011, 09:50 AM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,919 Posts
Hi Bob

If you look on line at the Penneys site they are listed as blue & white plaid. Not sure if the ones in the store are the same colors?

G Don
granada don is offline Find More Posts by granada don
Old Oct 22, 2011, 01:25 PM
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,585 Posts
Hi Guys,

I just got back from Penny's. They had some really nice blue plaid shirts. BUT....................They only had them in XXXL and Very Small. Oh well.

Life goes on.

Bob in Seattle
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 22, 2011, 06:03 PM
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,919 Posts
Hi Bob

If you want the quilted one just call the online number and you get it in a few days.

G Don
Old Oct 22, 2011, 06:22 PM
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,585 Posts
OK Don, thanks.

Bob in Seattle
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 23, 2011, 07:40 AM
Blueplaidcanard flyer
sdy. ny
Joined May 2007
2,978 Posts
Hi Don,I jst pulled the covering off one wing so I can start the repairs,I don't know if Chriss got any photos or if they made it through the wreking of part of his shop.I found the corner of a shingle inside one of the rib bays.
rabidrue1 is offline Find More Posts by rabidrue1
Old Oct 23, 2011, 01:39 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,559 Posts
And then there is the hassle of a new micro kitty chewing on my antennae wires!
moving forward on 4 projects at once!-slowly of course
johnny
Captain Canardly is online now Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Doin' What come naturally!
Old Oct 23, 2011, 06:15 PM
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,919 Posts
Scottie

When you get to be my age you could write a book about all the strange things that happen to us in our lives, its funny i brought this up as i will be doing one on my 50 yrs on building stuff from street racing at Bob's Big Boy in Van Nuys in 60' till now.

Should be a real trip thinking about all the stuff in those yrs, will start on the 1 St on jan

G Don
Old Aug 26, 2012, 04:17 PM
Making wood fly since 2007
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Mar 2008
2,451 Posts
Pulsar Update

Hello everyone,

A while back, October 2011, I reported here about my 2 meter Pulsar going down into a mature soy bean field. I was eventually able to recover the plane and I am here to report that I have once again repaired it and it is flying. I remaidened it yesterday at our local ALES contest and then proceeded to fly it in the contest. It flew beautifully. Hopefully my repairs will keep it airworthy for many more years.

Wayne
Windependence is offline Find More Posts by Windependence
Old Aug 26, 2012, 04:31 PM
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,585 Posts
Hi Wayne,
A great job on your part. Keep up the good work. The whole Blue Plaid Squadron salutes you.
Bob in Seattle
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 26, 2012, 05:30 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windependence View Post
Hello everyone,

A while back, October 2011, I reported here about my 2 meter Pulsar going down into a mature soy bean field. I was eventually able to recover the plane and I am here to report that I have once again repaired it and it is flying. I remaidened it yesterday at our local ALES contest and then proceeded to fly it in the contest. It flew beautifully. Hopefully my repairs will keep it airworthy for many more years.

Wayne
You must be lucky as it survived a harvest and planting my guess it wasn't in the field but next to it. Plus not to mention spraying that was done.
eckace1 is offline Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Aug 26, 2012, 05:43 PM
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Mar 2008
2,451 Posts
I was able to recover all the major parts of the plane within a week of it going down. I eventually had to resort to simply walking the bean rows to find one of the wings. All of the pieces have been sitting in a box in my garage up until about a month ago when I started to put it back together.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 06:18 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,559 Posts
Glad to hear that was a Maiden flight success I was up north doing the MoM contest- kinda boring- really-only had 2 minute flights, and another chewed antaenna wire!
MRCSS August 202 Man on Man Contest (12 min 15 sec)
Captain Canardly is online now Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Doin' What come naturally!
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:25 AM
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Mar 2008
2,451 Posts
Hi Captain,

We were really lucky on Saturday and had good weather. Very low winds, good thermal activity and a nice turnout for our very first ALES event. For future reference feel free to join any of our events. I have absolutely no problems running mixed events, i.e. having both string launch and electric launch sailplanes in the same event. There is always a way to even out the launches.

Right now I am planning to have a mixed event for our September event. String launch and electric launch all playing together in the same event. I will have my OneWinch there for people to try, hi-starts will be out and maybe if I am really lucky I might even get Dave to bring out his electric winch. I think it will be a lot of fun.

Wayne
Old Sep 09, 2012, 08:19 AM
Blueplaidcanard flyer
sdy. ny
Joined May 2007
2,978 Posts
Glad you got her redone Wayne,I'll be back at the raven this winter and should have it ready by May or so.Bob-have you finished the jr falcon?
rabidrue1 is offline Find More Posts by rabidrue1