HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:16 AM
Joined Dec 2006
156 Posts
Rexless, how is your camera mounted? I have a new F45 coming in and I like to mount #808 cams on my toys.
Raycamaro is offline Find More Posts by Raycamaro
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2012, 11:34 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,454 Posts
PCB - Here's a shot of the newer PCB with the flat gyro chip.

Also, here are a couple shots of the camera mount. I've switched from the 808 to this other one that does 720p @ 60fps. It's a touch bigger and a tad heavier but with the EH200 brushless motor it's not an issue.

In the photo it's hard to see the zip ties. In this photo they're going through holes in the bottom chassis plate. In more recent versions I switched back to having the zip ties go through the aluminium frame. I also added a 3mm plastic spacer between the bottom chassis plate and the camera to remove the helicopter canopy from the top of the video image.

Using this setup you can usually get rid of nearly all the jello.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:40 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
PCB - Here's a shot of the newer PCB with the flat gyro chip.
Does that new PCB work with the older Tx?
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:43 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
EH200 at HK

Boy, I have been waiting for the EH 200 to come in at HK but they are already in the hole by 17. I don't even think they get that many in at a time. Hmmmmmmm.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:42 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_ View Post
I don't own one of these, so I didn't read all posts, so this
may be in here already.

The extra servo header on the PCB is a direct throttle output
for an aftermarket ESC (brushless too).

HOW COOL IS THAT !!

Just found that out watching an F45 brushless mod video.
If I am thinking clearly, this means you could use this PCB
in all kinds of models.

Looks like I'm buying one of these babies too !!
Hit the buy button, you'll like it.
The pcb won't work on many helis because many position the servos differently and use servo mixing for AIL and ELV functions. The MJX does not need to do this because of the servo positioning.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:44 AM
Joined Dec 2012
51 Posts
Can you recommend a good charger for f45's batteries? Thanks
nolivy is offline Find More Posts by nolivy
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:41 AM
Joined Nov 2012
7 Posts
f45 upgrade blades

[QUOTE=rexless;23389029]Here's a video I shot with mine today using a 720p keychain camera. My F45 has the EH200 brushless main motor and high performance blades. I get pretty stable video with this setup and with the higher performance motor and blades I also get much better wind handling ability. The only big issue now is the tail motors fail from time-to-time and that's quite dangerous if you fly in areas where you might crash into streets, homes, or people etc.

Flying in the Valley (Fixed Pitch F45 Helicopter) (5 min 31 sec)
[/QUOTE]
CHOPPER GUY is offline Find More Posts by CHOPPER GUY
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:45 AM
Joined Nov 2012
7 Posts
f45 upgrade blades

Aside from the eh 200 motor ,what kind of blades did u use and did you try others? What kind of battery are u using?
CHOPPER GUY is offline Find More Posts by CHOPPER GUY
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:52 AM
Joined Dec 2012
51 Posts
Anyone can recommend a charger for the f45 batteries?
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:29 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolivy View Post
Anyone can recommend a charger for the f45 batteries?
Hi Mate,
I use a Imax B6 charger
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:31 AM
Joined Dec 2012
51 Posts
its also in my mind, the imax b6, how long it takes for the stock batteries to be fully charged with imax b6? Thanks.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:47 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolivy View Post
its also in my mind, the imax b6, how long it takes for the stock batteries to be fully charged with imax b6? Thanks.
About twice as fast as the stock charger.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:17 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOPPER GUY View Post
Aside from the eh 200 motor ,what kind of blades did u use and did you try others? What kind of battery are u using?
I'm using the Honey Bee Fixed Pitch blades that Bthirsk recommended. I have searched like crazy for other blade options but at the moment these are the only ones that seem to be properly suited for the fast head speed and size of the helicopter. I am thinking of trying to harden the stock blades to see if that can work as well but I think the lift will be too crazy. I currently have a 1000mah 3s battery for EH200 and ~500mah 2s battery for PCB/Tail.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:47 AM
Joined Nov 2012
70 Posts
Man,... this Brushless stuff is sounding good. Maybe it'll be a little easier around summer time. This is something I'm really wantin' to do. Nice camera work you guys,... real nice! Spent all day yesterday practicing landing on our picnic table out in the back yard. Raining today!
Eric.Jr.Sax is offline Find More Posts by Eric.Jr.Sax
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:23 PM
Joined Dec 2012
1 Posts
guestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinnerk View Post
Hello,
today i decidet to build some new loops for my heli, because the old ones i made didnīt look good and could not be reused as they were soldered directly at the rotorhead. So i got me some brassplate and some coppertube with exact the diameter of the rotorhead and began to work. This is the result:

After this i went out and flew 5 batterys and it was wonderfull. The only problem was, sometimes the tail was oversteering verry much, so that the tail began to swing from side to side. Maybe i have to check the software of the brushless converter of the tailmotor.

Now iīm waiting for my EH200, wich should get to the customs office of my hometown the next week.

How did you make the new loops? what for matrial?
JustwantCookies is offline Find More Posts by JustwantCookies