HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 01, 2011, 01:03 AM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,510 Posts
Discussion
Banana hobby nano Mig 15 from Skyangel: incorrect advertising about servo leads

Banana Hobby has gotten confused concerning a new product.

The ad for the new "BlitzRCWorks" (actually Sky Angel) Nano 35mm EDF Mig 15 clearly states that the model comes with standard 3 wire servo leads.

Not true.

I have not yet confirmed, but the servo leads appear to be compatible with the AR6300 micro JST connectors....polarity will have to be double checked, as the AR6300 is a little unusual in this reguard.

By no stretch of the imagination can BH claim these are standard servo wire leads.

I am more than capable of re-plugging the model but I think BH owes the customers that bought this model servo lead adapters to enable use of standard RX units as their advertising claimed.

BH, what are you going to do to correct this?

I have attached a screen capture picture of their nano Mig ad copy, in case the ad magcially changes soon.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Thomas B; Jul 01, 2011 at 01:56 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2011, 01:06 AM
United States, LA, Bossier City
Joined Nov 2010
45 Posts
Nothing
allamericanflyer is offline Find More Posts by allamericanflyer
Old Jul 05, 2011, 11:45 PM
Joined Oct 2010
51 Posts
You know this is too little of an issue for them to even bother with.
Msioni is offline Find More Posts by Msioni
Old Jul 06, 2011, 04:39 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B View Post
Banana Hobby has gotten confused concerning a new product.

The ad for the new "BlitzRCWorks" (actually Sky Angel) Nano 35mm EDF Mig 15 clearly states that the model comes with standard 3 wire servo leads.

Not true.

I have not yet confirmed, but the servo leads appear to be compatible with the AR6300 micro JST connectors....polarity will have to be double checked, as the AR6300 is a little unusual in this reguard.

By no stretch of the imagination can BH claim these are standard servo wire leads.

I am more than capable of re-plugging the model but I think BH owes the customers that bought this model servo lead adapters to enable use of standard RX units as their advertising claimed.

BH, what are you going to do to correct this?

I have attached a screen capture picture of their nano Mig ad copy, in case the ad magcially changes soon.
Hi Thomas, may I have your order number please?
Banana Hobby CSR is offline Find More Posts by Banana Hobby CSR
Old Jul 13, 2011, 12:22 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,115 Posts
What Rx can you fit in this???

Can you fit in the AR6115e End pin Rx???

I REALLY wanna pick one of these up but don't know if this Rx will work. (have an extra one laying around.

And if not..... What Spectrum compatible (DSM2) Rx would fit in here? Links?
bluemeane is offline Find More Posts by bluemeane
Old Jul 19, 2011, 08:30 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Joined Jun 2000
14,510 Posts
The 6115 will NOT fit the plugs on these servos.

It has been reported that the only DSM2 Spektrum RX that will fit the Nano Mig andd Sabre plugs is the micro AR6300. I would triple check the polarity of the supplied plugs before plugging in and turning on.

To use the ar6115, you would have to obtain some servo pigtails, cut away the supplied connectors and splice in the standard servo connectors.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Jul 19, 2011, 08:40 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Joined Jun 2000
14,510 Posts
I did get a response via private message from Nancy at BH. Here is the reply. Not super helpful as there was no real resolution, yet. BH evidently does not stock the parts to make this conversion.

Quote:
As for the Nano MiG - 15, it is true that the connection is a bit smaller. To use it with one of the radio system that you may have in your possession, the connection(s) have to be swapped out. I had forwarded the information over to our other Department for review in regards to the advertisement on the website and will have it fixed shortly. I had also requested for more information in regards to the connection. I do apologize for the inconveniences; however, we do not have the replacement connection(s) to swap them out for.
However, what I can do is talk to the Parts Department to see what I can do for you.
As of now, weeks later, BH still has not updated the on line advertising for this model. Until they do, they will keep disappointing some large portion of those who buy this product, as it does not come with standard 3 wire servo leads, as advertised.

Given my level of expereince, I am quite comfortable with changing the servo leads. At hobby shop prices, the needed servo leads for conversion will run around 10 bucks...a significant proportion of the price of the entire model.

Seems unfair to me, give the promises made in the ad.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Jul 20, 2011, 08:03 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,115 Posts
Quote:
The 6115 will NOT fit the plugs on these servos.

It has been reported that the only DSM2 Spektrum RX that will fit the Nano Mig andd Sabre plugs is the micro AR6300. I would triple check the polarity of the supplied plugs before plugging in and turning on.

To use the ar6115, you would have to obtain some servo pigtails, cut away the supplied connectors and splice in the standard servo connectors.
I have obtained the needed pigtails and plugs to make an adapter myself, but the next question is would the 6115E fit in this plane you think? It is MUCH bigger, especially if you take off the plastic cover/box (I have one like this lol Just because it fell apart.)
Old Jul 20, 2011, 08:05 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,115 Posts
Quote:
I did get a response via private message from Nancy at BH. Here is the reply. Not super helpful as there was no real resolution, yet. BH evidently does not stock the parts to make this conversion.

As of now, weeks later, BH still has not updated the on line advertising for this model. Until they do, they will keep disappointing some large portion of those who buy this product, as it does not come with standard 3 wire servo leads, as advertised.

Given my level of expereince, I am quite comfortable with changing the servo leads. At hobby shop prices, the needed servo leads for conversion will run around 10 bucks...a significant proportion of the price of the entire model.

Seems unfair to me, give the promises made in the ad.
So wait... They are STILL shipping with 5 wire leads??? How do you make those work with any of the spektrum Rx's??? They are all 3 pin connectors... I am going to be pretty upset and expect some kind of reimbursement for this screw up. Or they can expect a charge back for miss-leading and incorrect advertising. Especially with the proof of it here on this thread! lol

- I will hold out hope though as Pete has always treated me well in the past.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 08:39 AM
Joined Mar 2010
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemeane View Post
So wait... They are STILL shipping with 5 wire leads??? How do you make those work with any of the spektrum Rx's??? They are all 3 pin connectors... I am going to be pretty upset and expect some kind of reimbursement for this screw up. Or they can expect a charge back for miss-leading and incorrect advertising. Especially with the proof of it here on this thread! lol

- I will hold out hope though as Pete has always treated me well in the past.
I got a MIG-15 from them two weeks ago. The servos are 3 wire, but they come with the really small white connectors (jst?) instead of the standard ones. Once you swap the connectors for the standard black ones, you don't have that much space under the canopy. You could make it work though, if you take the outer case off the receiver.
Vovka is offline Find More Posts by Vovka
Old Jul 20, 2011, 09:34 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovka View Post
I got a MIG-15 from them two weeks ago. The servos are 3 wire, but they come with the really small white connectors (jst?) instead of the standard ones. Once you swap the connectors for the standard black ones, you don't have that much space under the canopy. You could make it work though, if you take the outer case off the receiver.
Have you swapped them out yet? What Rx are you using? and do you have any pictures of your setup and install?

- Hoping you do cause I want to see lol
Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:03 AM
Joined Mar 2010
44 Posts
Quote:
Have you swapped them out yet? What Rx are you using? and do you have any pictures of your setup and install?

- Hoping you do cause I want to see lol
Yes, I have swapped them out, not a big deal. I used AR6115e without the case. Don't have any pictures cause I have crashed the thing quite badly last week. Basically, the receiver goes into the canopy, then you push the servo leads around so they won't interfere with anything.

P.S. You could also solder the leads directly to the pins on the receiver, this will save weight and space, but I wanted the receiver to stay "swappable" with other planes.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 12:25 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovka View Post
Yes, I have swapped them out, not a big deal. I used AR6115e without the case. Don't have any pictures cause I have crashed the thing quite badly last week. Basically, the receiver goes into the canopy, then you push the servo leads around so they won't interfere with anything.

P.S. You could also solder the leads directly to the pins on the receiver, this will save weight and space, but I wanted the receiver to stay "swappable" with other planes.
Yeah I wouldn't want a permanent fix lol.

And so you are saying attach it to the bottom of the canopy??
Old Jul 20, 2011, 12:37 PM
Joined Mar 2010
44 Posts
Quote:
Yeah I wouldn't want a permanent fix lol.

And so you are saying attach it to the bottom of the canopy??
Yes, you can use a double sided tape, but you don't have to. I am just saying that AR6115e fits nicely there once you take off the outer case.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 08:19 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,115 Posts
So.... what's the deal with the elevator servo? It almost doesnt move at all. Very little movement from it. Any ideas guys??

And you were right about the servo plugs..... the brown and orange are backwords and do not plug directly in and work like they advertise. I will ask them what they want to do about that. What did they do for you?? We shouldn't have to modify this little plugs like is needed.