HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 21, 2014, 01:15 AM
Italy, Lombardy, Bergamo
Joined Jan 2013
11 Posts
Casllab, I measured out the angles, it was a little bit hard, but more or less they are 2 on the right, and 2,5 down.
Marco Conti is offline Find More Posts by Marco Conti
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2014, 03:34 AM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,909 Posts
I think it would be nice to move this thread to the top to get it ahead of the crappy spam threads being created to the idiot called jaybachana. Hopefully the admins will ban him/her soon.
groovejet is offline Find More Posts by groovejet
Old Mar 21, 2014, 07:25 AM
I'd rather be flying..
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Jul 2009
213 Posts
it flies !!

Hey guys.

Well, the 'maiden' was today and to say I'm surprised will be an understatement. The thing flew better than it ever had when it was 'new' or in it's original form.

By nothing more than luck I seem to have the motor thurst and CG almost perfect from the outset and with the motor / prop combination it's got oodles of power and thrust and prop-hangs like a plane costing 10x more.

I tried my very best to snap it in half again by doing high-speed full snaps, snap-to-hover and many full-throttle knife-edge spins. It just refused to break and stayed in one piece somehow. I did, however, had to go walking a few times to fetch either (or both) of the hatches that came off during violent spins.

The only incident I had was during one flight I accidentally flicked the flap switch without realising it which set both ailerons to 'up' causing it to handle very strangely - I thought i had broken something but it came down in one piece with the only damage a bent prop-saver when it nosed-over.

I had so much flying this plane today that I didn't fly anything else.

I think I've just fallen in love again with a plane I had resigned to being a hanging model in my sons room..

Out of interest, I am running a (big) 910kv motor that weighs 156g, a 40Amp ESC, tower pro 9g digital metal-gear servos, a 13x5 Turnigy wooden prop and all powered by 2200mah 3s packs.

It's ugly but boy, it flies well now.

Casllab is offline Find More Posts by Casllab
Old Mar 21, 2014, 02:05 PM
Italy, Lombardy, Bergamo
Joined Jan 2013
11 Posts
great,

what is the total weight with bettry?
Old Mar 24, 2014, 01:36 AM
I'd rather be flying..
Joined Jul 2009
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Conti View Post
great,

what is the total weight with bettry?
No idea, I'll see if I can weigh it ..
Old Apr 08, 2014, 01:10 AM
I'd rather be flying..
Joined Jul 2009
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casllab View Post
No idea, I'll see if I can weigh it ..
I weighed it the other day, its sitting at 1056g without battery.

Although I love flying this plane now it still has a very strange tendency to suddenly want to change direction. If I do a snap, for example, as soon as I come out of it, it suddendly drops a wing when I get it level again. Its still almost asif something is shitfing the CG mid-flight. Its been like that since I got it. Not serious, it keeps me on my toes while flying it.

This past weekend the guys at the club saw it themselves and asked me what I was doing or what happened in that second when the plane seems to have a mind of its own and I can't answer them as I have no idea why it does that .

I've checked all CG's, everything is tight inside the plane so its just weird. But still fun to fly. And no matter how hard I throw her around it still refuses to snap in half again..

Old Apr 14, 2014, 01:44 PM
Italy, Lombardy, Bergamo
Joined Jan 2013
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casllab View Post
this plane now it still has a very strange tendency to suddenly want to change direction. If I do a snap, for example, as soon as I come out of it, it suddendly drops a wing when I get it level again.
It happen also to me that suddently drops a wing and I saved with a miracle. The rudder servo was gone. I recommend you to check the servos, especially the rudder.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 01:04 AM
I'd rather be flying..
Joined Jul 2009
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Conti View Post
It happen also to me that suddently drops a wing and I saved with a miracle. The rudder servo was gone. I recommend you to check the servos, especially the rudder.
The servos are brand new digital metal-gear ones and are working perfectly.

I did notice that there was a gap between the wing and fuse and the wing was able to move up and down so I've put some tape on the wing to fix this, will check if it's any better next time I fly it.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 02:00 AM
wave-off
Polska, Śląskie, Świętochłowice
Joined Aug 2006
137 Posts
Landing gear reinforcement

Hello guys, I broke landing gear mount after few flights.
Pelikan Scout (MX-2) 1210mm, Second flight. May 24, 2014 (6 min 34 sec)

This is my modification of undercarriage.
The main part uses portion of the plastic box and a piece of plywood.
To strengthen the fuselage, I used two carbon fiber rods.
First, I used hot glue, then CA to glue carbon rods into fuselage.
Wojtek
Wuwu is offline Find More Posts by Wuwu
Old Jun 19, 2014, 03:37 AM
I'd rather be flying..
Joined Jul 2009
213 Posts
Good to see this forum is still alive.. :-)
My MX2 is now, once again, a hanging ornament in my sons room till I don't have anything else to fly. Every time I see it I still think it's an amazing-looking little plane, just a pity it never flew as good as it looks.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 04:12 AM
melbourne-multirotor
Australia, VIC, Hillside
Joined Oct 2006
379 Posts
this is the fix that i followed 4 years on still as tuff as day one

Thanks buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by harling65 View Post
Hello again,
I'm not sure how long my modified undercarriage will last so I thought I had better post a few pictures just in case!

looking at other posts it appears that that the assembly is ripped off at the point of touch down.

To try and prevent this I have "staked" the metal wheel carrier using 5cm long dowels (inserted at slight angles) that have been left proud to help anchor it all together. The next step will be to Gorilla glue over the modified area for further support.

It's lasted three reasonable landings on grass so far and hope to fly this week weather pending..

I also cut the cowl off today to offer up the 35-36 motor, the first thing I noticed is the difference in motor cable sizes, the Turnigy wire is at least twice the size. Still flying on the standard motor for now.

Attachment 3013626

Attachment 3013627
yak-54 is offline Find More Posts by yak-54
Old Jun 19, 2014, 11:53 AM
wave-off
Polska, Śląskie, Świętochłowice
Joined Aug 2006
137 Posts
Yes I've seen it. But my modification is different from that.
Wuwu is offline Find More Posts by Wuwu