HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 01, 2014, 01:53 PM
Joined Aug 2014
2 Posts
Help!
Losi SCT 1/24 quits after a few mins

My Losi SCT truck has the brushed motor, 27 mhz and a lipo. The truck works fine for a few mins, but then begins to hesitate and slowly stops moving. I assumed it was the battery, but after testing, turns out the battery is fine. I brought it to a local hobby shop where they told me it was likely the radio. Can anyone tell me if they've had this problem? I question whether it's the radio because the steering servos keep working after the motor stops. Could this be an overheating motor or something similar? Just don't want to buy a new radio to find out the one I have is fine. Any suggestions would be great.
JB05 is offline Find More Posts by JB05
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2014, 07:19 PM
Brazil, SC, Brusque
Joined Aug 2012
51 Posts
Hi, is it a totally stock brushed SCT?

Where are you running?
Plush carpet can make your motor overheat fast.
Try it on a smoth surface with half trigger and check if it takes longer to slow dow.
Artur Fischer is offline Find More Posts by Artur Fischer
Old Sep 01, 2014, 10:18 PM
Joined Aug 2014
2 Posts
Thanks for the reply Artur. I'm only running it on hardwood floors or pavement with the same result. And the only upgrade is the lipo.
JB05 is offline Find More Posts by JB05
Old Sep 02, 2014, 02:29 AM
West Virginia
Joined Apr 2010
53 Posts
I think Artur's suspicions are correct but I'll go ahead and ask a few questions in the meantime.

What lipo are you using? How did you test your lipo? What voltage is it when fully charged? What voltage is it right after the run? What voltage is it after it rests for 5 minutes after the run? How many mah is the battery and how much is the charger putting back in?
Dialed_In is offline Find More Posts by Dialed_In