SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio

Spektrum FPV Gear

Making FPV even more accessible

Splash

Spektrum Announces Line of FPV Equipment

Horizon Hobby surprised us yesterday with an announcement of FPV gear from Spektrum. They partnered with FatShark and are taking pre-orders on FPV sets including some Ultra Micro Vapor packages.

UMX FPV System w/ Headset - SPMVS1100

This unit is a perfect match for ultra micro aircraft. It includes a FatShark Teleporter V4 headset with built in 5.8Ghz receiver, the Spektrum VA1100 Ultra Micro FPV camera, Spironet antennas, and accessories.

Attitude V2 FCC-Certified Bundle - FSV2300

This system is for larger aircraft and includes the FatShark Attitude VGA headset, and a 600 line CMOS camera, spironet antennas, and accessories.

There are also some FPV Vapor Bundles that include a RTF Package and a BNF Package. These allow you to have an out of box FPV experience with no hassles or guessing on what equipment you need.

Learn More about the Spektrum FPV Gear Here.

FPV Vapor® RTF & BNF by E-flite (1 min 52 sec)

Ultra Micro FPV System with Headset by Spektrum (1 min 27 sec)

Discussion

Old Aug 29, 2014, 03:50 PM
OUCH!!!
United States, PA, Erie
Joined Sep 2008
580 Posts
Pretty cool that even Horizon is thumbing their nose at the FAA. Outstanding!
Jayray123 is online now Find More Posts by Jayray123
Old Aug 29, 2014, 04:17 PM
Quad fun for everyone!
United States, WI
Joined Oct 2013
662 Posts
Just wish they used better cams (like PZ0420 or something similar). Those CMOS ones can be pretty bad sometimes.
RC2211 is offline Find More Posts by RC2211
Old Aug 29, 2014, 05:05 PM
RC,ROBOTICS,LASERS
Clovis,Ca.
Joined Sep 2006
586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC2211 View Post
Just wish they used better cams (like PZ0420 or something similar). Those CMOS ones can be pretty bad sometimes.
That and Teleporters barf.
n-2-stuff is online now Find More Posts by n-2-stuff
Old Aug 29, 2014, 07:00 PM
Gravity Sucks
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jul 2014
23 Posts
Only problem with this is that horizon hobby planes are all over priced, but spektrum is generally good. Maybe Spektrum will release a uhf , and horizon hobby will produce expensive fpv planes.
carter44444 is offline Find More Posts by carter44444
Old Aug 29, 2014, 09:41 PM
Eye in the Sky
United States, WV
Joined Sep 2013
1,426 Posts
From the Vids cam looks good so do the Goggles

and for a beginner appears to be nice and a simple way to start into FPV and better still use it on micro's.... !!!

And is at the price range of other vendors.....it is $70 dollars more than HK's beginners advertised FPV set.....and the HH Spektrum one is smaller and can be used in more models, especially micro size..which is perfect.
HGhost is offline Find More Posts by HGhost
Old Aug 29, 2014, 10:09 PM
Eye in the Sky
United States, WV
Joined Sep 2013
1,426 Posts
The Sport Cub S would have been a better choice for an entire FPV equipped set up than the Vapor in my opinion.

The Sport Cub S has the wiring for the FPV Cam already installed....do not understand why it was not being sold as the FPV Equipped set up ,rather than the Vapor ?
Old Aug 30, 2014, 04:41 PM
Soaring Peacock Aerial Media
United States, CA, South Lake Tahoe
Joined Dec 2012
304 Posts
In a word, lawsuits. Spektrum is just dipping there toe into the FPV market to see if the water is warm. I think it is wise to give a completely safe no brainer beginner kit to those who would only otherwise fly RTFs. That said, showing the advanced pilots that you have them in mind would have been smart too.
Jesse Buck is offline Find More Posts by Jesse Buck
Old Aug 30, 2014, 09:05 PM
Eye in the Sky
United States, WV
Joined Sep 2013
1,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Buck View Post
In a word, lawsuits. Spektrum is just dipping there toe into the FPV market to see if the water is warm. I think it is wise to give a completely safe no brainer beginner kit to those who would only otherwise fly RTFs. That said, showing the advanced pilots that you have them in mind would have been smart too.
They show Attitude V2 FCC-Certified Bundle
seems to be directed at intermediate or more advanced folks.

But HH has been directing allot of their products towards beginners simply because most advanced people will already have most of that equipment already .

Since they are promoting Beginner SAFE technology to be able to use that with FPV is a good selling tool.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 04:25 PM
The red menace of the skies.
Joined Aug 2014
48 Posts
Would be better with a quadcopter like the 200QX.
Baron Von Red is offline Find More Posts by Baron Von Red
Old Aug 31, 2014, 05:48 PM
New Castle, PA
Joined Oct 2006
606 Posts
I'm sure a package for the 200 is coming soon.
markarch is offline Find More Posts by markarch
Old Aug 31, 2014, 09:39 PM
I think it'll work this time!!
399 feet above Roanoke, VA
Joined Jan 2007
3,461 Posts
Ya gotta start with something! Glad to see this.
Chairwolf is offline Find More Posts by Chairwolf
Old Sep 01, 2014, 11:19 AM
Suck Less.
Joined May 2009
3,479 Posts
I like that they're starting out with CP antennas.

I was wondering which company would be the first to ditch those LP whips ...
FR4-Pilot is online now Find More Posts by FR4-Pilot
Old Sep 01, 2014, 12:02 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Buck View Post
I think it is wise to give a completely safe no brainer beginner kit to those who would only otherwise fly RTFs. That said, showing the advanced pilots that you have them in mind would have been smart too.
I agree. I think this is a very cool route they've taken, actually! Most FPVers don't even do nano size FPV. It can be a bit tricky, though I had my first FPV success with nano size FPV, and even flew a Vapor via FPV 3 years ago.

Generally I do not like Spektrum's products for FPV use. But I like how they have offered up this completely utterly and totally inoffensive and safe-beyond-safe intro to FPV kit. It serves up a pie in the face of the FAA, I think. How or why would they possibly ban this fpv system?? LOL Could pilot a fleet of 50 of these Vaporfpv into jetliners and automobiles with nary a scratch. Indoor and backyard fpv just to demonstrate to the clubpilots that RC is a lot more than flying nitro at their private old boys club.
BCSaltchucker is online now Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old Sep 02, 2014, 06:52 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,921 Posts
I cant figure out how they do the pan and tilt on such a small camera without gimbals? Magic?
tclaridge is online now Find More Posts by tclaridge