HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 12, 2014, 10:26 AM
United States, NY, Valley Cottage
Joined Sep 2004
19 Posts
Discussion
Coverite Art Chester Jeep

Hello,
Has anyone converted the Jeep over to an electric power system?
I would like to hear from someone who has converted and flown the plane.
Thank You,Tony
barzini is offline Find More Posts by barzini
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:21 AM
Canada, ON, Owen Sound
Joined Oct 2008
2,797 Posts
Sorry I haven't built one, but did build the Coverite Gee Bee Sportster back in the eighties! Very light model. I assume the Jeep would be the same.
Only us "old" guys even remember the Coverite models, imo they where very well done.
If you give the basic spec's, I'm sure we can help you with a power system. Tell us what you expect for performance, sedate, scale or blazing!! Doug B
Doug Bartley is online now Find More Posts by Doug Bartley
Old Sep 02, 2014, 10:51 AM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
11,974 Posts
I too built and flew my avatar Gee Bee E with a healthy ASP.40 glow engine years ago. It could have used a .60 engine . Still up on a shelf in the garage. I thought of it as a flying lumberyard and would try to reduce weight if building it for electric power.

The Jeep is fairly streamlined so choice of adequate motor/prop/battery pack and getting cg right without excessive nose ballast/all up weight, should be similar to choices for a warbird. Radial engine designs with big cowls and dummy engines, rigging wires, etc are a little tricky.

Lucien Miller of Inno8tive designs has helped me with power system choices based on his Cobra or Scorpion motors, etc. He also has some other-brand equivalent motor tables on his website as well as informative prop selection tables. He also has a running advice thread on the Power Systems forum.
E-Challenged is online now Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Last edited by E-Challenged; Sep 02, 2014 at 10:57 AM.
Old Sep 06, 2014, 07:49 AM View Post
maxsensecs
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement. Show it to me anyway.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 09:53 AM
homo ludens modellisticus
The Netherlands, GE, Nijmegen
Joined Feb 2001
10,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsensecs View Post
Still up on a shelf in the garage. I thought of it as a flying lumberyard and would try to reduce weight if building it for electric power. ...
The quoted message is spam. It contains hidden GIF spam were I typed three dots.

Vriendelijke groeten Ron
Ron van Sommeren is offline Find More Posts by Ron van Sommeren
Old Sep 27, 2014, 12:06 PM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
11,974 Posts
Ron,

Spam is usually somebody trying to sell something in a dishonest manner. My post wasn't spam. What did you mean by hidden GIF spam content??? Have you been drinking ?
E-Challenged is online now Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Old Sep 28, 2014, 06:40 AM
homo ludens modellisticus
The Netherlands, GE, Nijmegen
Joined Feb 2001
10,717 Posts
Don't worry, my warning was not about your post, it was about post #4. Account already suspended.

Vriendelijke groeten Ron
p.s. Have you been drinking maybe ?
Ron van Sommeren is offline Find More Posts by Ron van Sommeren