Very true, i love my Extra
Elec 1800 is online now Find More Posts by Elec 1800
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 09, 2013, 12:50 PM
United States, NY, Lancaster
Joined Feb 2003
40 Posts
..... well off to maiden. I know it took me quite a while to build....., I didn't stay on task. Thanks to everybody that gave me some advice on the build. 5 batteries charged... here we go!!

Skeet P
Skeetpf is offline Find More Posts by Skeetpf
Old Jun 09, 2013, 01:18 PM
United States, PA
Joined Aug 2011
321 Posts
Cool, best of luck with the maiden! Please let us know how it goes when you get a chance, thanks!

Willy
epphobby is offline Find More Posts by epphobby
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 17, 2013, 03:16 PM
United States, NY, Lancaster
Joined Feb 2003
40 Posts
Maiden went great!!!!
Just needed a couple up clicks on the elevator.
Flew straight and true.

.... well there was one slight problem...., was having too much fun, ran the battery down, motor shut down, I was a low when it happened, ..... brought her in, only damage was a broken prop.

Great plane and I'm no "fancy" pilot ....,

Built the plane per a combination of instructions, enclosed CD and recommendations on this forum. (By the way I installed the servos for the elevator and rudder aft on the outside of the fuselage) turned the throws down added some expo and took off. Plane went where you pointed it.

Build wasn't hard but some experience building would be helpful. When "stuck" post on this forum and help is just around the corner

Skeetpf
Skeetpf is offline Find More Posts by Skeetpf
Old Jun 17, 2013, 03:45 PM
Flying 2 Fight Cancer
corona, ca
Joined Feb 2011
3,657 Posts
Awesome bud, glad to hear the maiden went great. Yup it is a common problem to run down the battery due to having way to much fun

Mike
F2FC
Gr8skyhobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeetpf View Post
Maiden went great!!!!
Just needed a couple up clicks on the elevator.
Flew straight and true.

.... well there was one slight problem...., was having too much fun, ran the battery down, motor shut down, I was a low when it happened, ..... brought her in, only damage was a broken prop.

Great plane and I'm no "fancy" pilot ....,

Built the plane per a combination of instructions, enclosed CD and recommendations on this forum. (By the way I installed the servos for the elevator and rudder aft on the outside of the fuselage) turned the throws down added some expo and took off. Plane went where you pointed it.

Build wasn't hard but some experience building would be helpful. When "stuck" post on this forum and help is just around the corner

Skeetpf
Elec 1800 is online now Find More Posts by Elec 1800
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 17, 2013, 03:53 PM
United States, PA
Joined Aug 2011
321 Posts
Congrats on the sucessful maiden! Thank you for your review, it feels awesome to hear such compliments from pilots like yourself! Well, at least i know that i'm not totally blinded and being biased towards Va-Models planes for no reason

Willy.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 27, 2013, 06:56 AM
Radian, Polaris, Mistaken ID.
Japan (Military)
Joined Nov 2010
387 Posts
It is a shame this plane is discontinued.

I don't know about a version 2.... Or if Willy has a better plane up his sleeve.... But it took a while to get around to mine...
But when I did.... WOW,.... What a flier! This plane flies great in any condition. I have relly gotten more confident with 3D maneuvers.

Thank you Willy for taking care of me all the way over here in Japan. This bird is usually the first, last, and sometimes only plane I fly.

"STAY TUNED FOR THE ALL NEW BETTER EXTRA-330" - Do you know when?? My buddy wants one too!
Baseman is offline Find More Posts by Baseman
Old Nov 27, 2013, 09:57 AM
United States, PA
Joined Aug 2011
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
It is a shame this plane is discontinued.

I don't know about a version 2.... Or if Willy has a better plane up his sleeve.... But it took a while to get around to mine...
But when I did.... WOW,.... What a flier! This plane flies great in any condition. I have relly gotten more confident with 3D maneuvers.

Thank you Willy for taking care of me all the way over here in Japan. This bird is usually the first, last, and sometimes only plane I fly.

"STAY TUNED FOR THE ALL NEW BETTER EXTRA-330" - Do you know when?? My buddy wants one too!
Thanks for the comment on the Extra VA-330! No doubt, it is my favorite 3D Epp plane as well.
Va-Models has released the all new Extra VA-330 X3. We are doing some final testing and once satisfied, it will soon become available in the States.
STAY TUNED FOR THE ALL NEW AND BETTER EXTRA VA-330 X3!!
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 27, 2013, 03:14 PM
United States, PA
Joined Aug 2011
321 Posts
To all fellow pilots,

HAPPY THANKSGIVING 2013!

Wishing you peace, health and happiness throughout the year and throughout the coming year.

STAY TUNED FOR CRAZY BLACK FRIDAY, ONLY AT EPPHOBBY.COM
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 29, 2013, 03:40 PM
Joined Jul 2010
367 Posts
Which are the differences between EXTRA 330SC - ARF and EXTRA VA-330 X3?
hot wings is offline Find More Posts by hot wings
Old Nov 29, 2013, 07:00 PM
United States, PA, Catawissa
Joined Jul 2011
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot wings View Post
Which are the differences between EXTRA 330SC - ARF and EXTRA VA-330 X3?
The two planes share the same exact spec, but i would imagine they both have different flight characteristics that i dont know yet.
I have both new planes pre-ordered and i will post reviews for each plane.
rc4u is offline Find More Posts by rc4u
Old Dec 01, 2013, 10:56 PM
Radian, Polaris, Mistaken ID.
Japan (Military)
Joined Nov 2010
387 Posts
Been flipping back and forth between the two. Minor cosmetic differences. Shorter cockpit. Wing tips on the SC. I Like the canopy on both. Was considering making one for my extra.... They beat me to it. Would say I can't wait till willy gets his paws on some.... But, At the rate mine is going... she will last a while..
Baseman is offline Find More Posts by Baseman
Old Feb 24, 2014, 06:53 AM
USA, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Mar 2010
671 Posts
Got a little money to spend and looking for something in this size....wondering how much longer until the new version is available here in the states ?
rcguy1958 is offline Find More Posts by rcguy1958