HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 30, 2012, 01:26 PM
Joined Sep 2012
8 Posts
Help!
Futaba T7C and Novatech RTR-12

I got a second-hand Axial and got it all hooked up. It turns left and right... And the throttle moves it forward. But I'm having problems.

The steering is backwards, and I know I can easily reverse it. But the throttle does not reverse. If I turn it on with the throttle arm in the middle it goes forward when the arm is pulled. When set to the extreme it will go forward. But I can not get the arm positioned to go in reverse. And advice?
Mmacro is offline Find More Posts by Mmacro
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:03 PM
Joined Sep 2012
8 Posts
Ok... Discovered that I have to pause in neutral before it goes into reverse.

But I'm also having problems with the servo turning hard right when I turn it on. ???
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:05 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,873 Posts
Is the transmitter turned on before the car?
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Nov 02, 2012, 07:06 AM
Joined Sep 2012
8 Posts
I have tried it both ways...
Old Nov 02, 2012, 09:19 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,873 Posts
Does the servo return to center after a second?

You should NEVER have the car turned on without the transmitter on, without a signal it could glitch or run away on you.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 09:39 AM
Joined Sep 2012
8 Posts
No... The servo keeps trying to hold the right turn.

I know about turning it on after the transmitter is on... And off before you shut down the transmitter. But in the process of elimination I wanted to try it both ways to see if there was any difference in action. Either way the servo goes right.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 06:56 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,873 Posts
Does it respond at all, or just goes to full right and stays stuck?

If it's responding the servo arm was probably just put on without the servo centered.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 05:58 PM
Joined Sep 2012
8 Posts
I thought of that also. I removed the arm and turned it on and let the servo center and then reattached the arm. It worked for a short time. But after turning it off and then back on it started to do the right turn thing again.
It responds; kind of. It tries to turn left but stops before it even gets to center. And when I let off it returns to trying to turn right.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 06:35 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,873 Posts
Check to see if the arm is skipping on the output gear of the servo, or if there's any stripped teeth inside the servo (if you rotate the arm you'll hear/feel it).