SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:40 AM
God is Good
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jan 2011
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micubano View Post
My canopy at this point is mostly pieces held together by canopy glue. I also broke one of the arms off the frame and my blades are almost shot, but this little guy still flies fine. I want to get a little more practice in on the basics before spending money on repairs.

2 of 4 of my canopy mounts have broke, and now i'm going to have to put everything on a spare frame i have..... witch im dreading to do
TMAC4123 is offline Find More Posts by TMAC4123
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UMX Icon A5 Lights!
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:36 AM
Newton, NJ
Joined May 2003
1,884 Posts
Those of you with failed main motors - what were the symptoms? Abrupt failure like a broken brush, reduced flight times, lowered headspeed and hot batteries?

After 25 or so flights, I think mine is toast. With any collective input, the head bogs WAY down, and I can barely climb out. I have checked thoroughly for any binding in the drive. After a minute or so, I can only hover in ground effect, and the battery is warm, suggesting excessive current draw. Bit disappointed in the short life.

Of course neither of 2 LHS here or Horizon have any in stock at present...
BuzzBomber is offline Find More Posts by BuzzBomber
Old Dec 07, 2012, 03:43 PM
Joined Feb 2007
531 Posts
My motor had to be bumped to start sometimes. 2nd has been better but ordered a 3rd when I saw everybody was back-ordering them.

All 4 of my canopy pins have broke. I took a small paperclip and found a pretty good way to re-created the upper canopy mounts, not as good finding way to fix lower ones.

Using V911 canopy, stock one is toast.

May get alum. swash and tail motor holder to help durability.
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
Old Dec 07, 2012, 06:01 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpconard View Post
My motor had to be bumped to start sometimes. 2nd has been better but ordered a 3rd when I saw everybody was back-ordering them.

All 4 of my canopy pins have broke. I took a small paperclip and found a pretty good way to re-created the upper canopy mounts, not as good finding way to fix lower ones.

Using V911 canopy, stock one is toast.

May get alum. swash and tail motor holder to help durability.
The first aftermarket thing (stuff that some people condescendingly call "BLING" ...) that I am going to buy for my nano to get back in the air in a decent way will be an UPGRADE FRAME (once it is finally released ... but to what I was made aware of, this will not take long anymore ... hopefully BEFORE Christmas ...)
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:59 PM
Joined Nov 2012
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAC4123 View Post
2 of 4 of my canopy mounts have broke, and now i'm going to have to put everything on a spare frame i have..... witch im dreading to do
I had this problem on the MCPx as well, and tried various types of glue and none of them held for long. Then I made diagonal braces out of thin CF rod and that did the trick. There are 2 braces for each canopy mount, at 90 degrees to each other. It sounds harder than it actually is, and the added weight is minimal.
Puddytatter is offline Find More Posts by Puddytatter
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:24 PM
Joined Feb 2010
2,711 Posts
Antonio's beat up Nano CPx still fly's like a champ (1 min 12 sec)

Just sharing how much fun it has been since early today, thanks to my buddy Antonio from Nitroplanes sharing this with me :-)
eranrc is offline Find More Posts by eranrc
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:50 PM
ride hard and fly low
Joined Aug 2011
585 Posts
Nice flying!
I just fixed my ncpx, I had a wire come off the servo and had to solder it back on.
Put 8 batteries through it and all is good.
H.D. is offline Find More Posts by H.D.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:57 PM
Louisville, Colorado
Joined Oct 2007
327 Posts
This thing is such a great training tool. I'm a reasonably good sport aerobatic pilot outside, but inside this guy challenges me to fly so much more precisely. It shows me that 90% of the time I'm in control, and 10% of the time I'm going with the flow. Flying with walls really changes the game.
CatBird is online now Find More Posts by CatBird
Old Dec 08, 2012, 06:51 AM
United States, WV, Milton
Joined Apr 2009
16 Posts
Blade Nano CP X

How is the Blade Nano CP X ? Is it stable? thinking about get one any thing I should before pulling the trigger?
Thanks
bbq4good is offline Find More Posts by bbq4good
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:17 AM
Joined Aug 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbq4good View Post
How is the Blade Nano CP X ? Is it stable? thinking about get one any thing I should before pulling the trigger?
Thanks
It is the most unstable thing that you'll ever fly. You should get one. I have two.
Matt Ls Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by Matt Ls Thumbs
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:59 AM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eranrc View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAicAAi4YDw
Just sharing how much fun it has been since early today, thanks to my buddy Antonio from Nitroplanes sharing this with me :-)
Nice looking room, was there supposed to be a Heli in that video somwhere??
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:14 AM
Beginner Pilot
United States, NY, Coram
Joined Jul 2012
374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
nice looking room, was there supposed to be a heli in that video somwhere?? :d
lol
gs550t1981 is offline Find More Posts by gs550t1981
Old Dec 08, 2012, 06:50 PM
Joined Sep 2007
94 Posts
Replacing Nano main motor

For those of you that are on their second or third motors, how is the motor held in the frame? Is it just silicone glue?

Also, is the MCPX tail boom and motor a drop in replacement for the Nano tail boom?
norbert_jones is offline Find More Posts by norbert_jones
Old Dec 08, 2012, 07:03 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by norbert_jones View Post
For those of you that are on their second or third motors, how is the motor held in the frame? Is it just silicone glue?

Also, is the MCPX tail boom and motor a drop in replacement for the Nano tail boom?
The nano motor is glued in.

The tail motor on the mCPX and nano are the same.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Dec 08, 2012, 07:19 PM
Joined Aug 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by norbert_jones View Post

It is glued with tub and tile caulk. No need to glue the new motor in place.

It sure appears that the MCPX tail boom will fit directly, but I have not tried. There is no real need to extend the Nano's boom.
Matt Ls Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by Matt Ls Thumbs