SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 11:23 AM
It's not going to build itself
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
6,245 Posts
I wonder if you could cover it in carbon, then sand it smooth, and of course round, then do a light resin coat and sand again with super fine grit and finally polishing compound?
I've also seen compound curves laminated using a waterbed mattress, which is stretchier than vinyl vacuum bags, and the weight of the water wraps around stuff pretty well. Setup is a lot of labor though.
Tom
Who is far too lazy to do something like this.
TRISME is offline Find More Posts by TRISME
Last edited by TRISME; Yesterday at 03:06 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 08:56 PM
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Jun 2008
4,434 Posts
Had a great day at Lilly's today. It started off a little light, we flew our mini SST s , and then it happened. While we were flying our Buzzes it started to blow !!! So we threw out our P40s and they were really rocking, then we threw out our Mambas and what a blast !! winds were at least 20 west !! so much fun !! Thanks for a fun day Rob
We ended the day at Comanche Hill flying our Mini SST s again and a couple beers
Dick J is online now Find More Posts by Dick J
Old Yesterday, 11:44 PM
It's not going to build itself
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
6,245 Posts
Rubio and I were the second shift. I threw out my Aircobra with a 1/2 lb. in it. Rubio launched his Chaos and we had a really good flight. I got a short flight in with the Edge, then the wind picked up in velocity but the direction changed, and we were done for the day. Good time flying today!
TRISME is offline Find More Posts by TRISME