HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 07, 2011, 11:19 AM
Near Austin
Joined Dec 2001
5,393 Posts
Will the joystick/game controller have user definable switches and buttons?
CenTexFlyer is offline Find More Posts by CenTexFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old May 07, 2011, 12:41 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
It currently does not have definable buttons. What would you want it to do? I have some ideas...but have not implemented them yet.
HappyKillmore is offline Find More Posts by HappyKillmore
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 07, 2011, 08:46 PM
Adelaide
Joined Feb 2007
245 Posts
Who was the guy from FY? Wei

Maybe I can send them an email as well to find out some more details for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyKillmore View Post
I think the FY guys are working on their own GCS at the moment. The guy I had emailed back and forth with kept saying he needed to get the ok from the factory. I haven't heard anything in a few weeks.

Spend the $19 and get a Logitech F310. Unless the X-Box controller is a USB plug? I've never seen one....so I don't really know.

Hand launch was not autonomous. Plus Doug kept trying to get the 30sec bonus for auto landing...but spent more than 30 seconds loitering out over the field getting ready. The best attempt he had almost hit a car and the building next door.

No, Chris didn't have a steerable nose wheel...and it was cocked off at an angle (towards the crowd). I think what was happening was the plane was weathervaning into the wind...AKA towards the crowd. Fun to watch though!
Blunderbum is offline Find More Posts by Blunderbum
Old May 07, 2011, 09:13 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Adrian M....
Old May 07, 2011, 11:18 PM
Near Austin
Joined Dec 2001
5,393 Posts
Quote:
It currently does not have definable buttons. What would you want it to do? I have some ideas...but have not implemented them yet.
Bump throttle up/down
Select modes (Manual, ARC, HARC)
Loiter
Init Trigger
RTL

With all the things Atto can do, you could get pretty creative!

Gene
Old May 09, 2011, 02:31 PM
USA, MA, Onset
Joined Sep 2010
3 Posts
I also would like to see additional switches and controls, I am building a Arducopter Mega2, the ability to control the diferent flight modes, camera pan & Tilt, etc. would be very useful.
onsetrpt is offline Find More Posts by onsetrpt
Old May 09, 2011, 03:39 PM
FPV = Fun Powered Vehicle
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Apr 2011
168 Posts
Quote:
Let me know how things work for you with the X-Box controller.
10-4 Will do.

Quote:
Quote:
Bump throttle up/down
Select modes (Manual, ARC, HARC)
Loiter
Init Trigger
RTL
Maybe a photo/still button, a video record button and a payload drop button. To name a few.

Cheers
LokeyFPV is offline Find More Posts by LokeyFPV
Old May 12, 2011, 03:54 PM
Joined Oct 2010
74 Posts
guys need quick helps , i want to know how to change the throttle speed from 49% in auto mode to any speed?
alz3abi is offline Find More Posts by alz3abi
Old May 20, 2011, 04:50 PM
Near Austin
Joined Dec 2001
5,393 Posts
Was wondering if anyone had a problem with the Xbee XSC locking their system after initial connect and download of parameters?
Old May 21, 2011, 09:59 AM
Worn-out the seat of my pants
Dorset UK
Joined Dec 2006
922 Posts
Gene

There is the bug where you must actually click on Attopilot and then the aircraft number before connecting, even if the defaults look right - not modem specific though.

Ad
Lomcevac is offline Find More Posts by Lomcevac
Old May 22, 2011, 05:20 AM
Joined May 2007
6 Posts
connected to the internet but no map shown

I have the latest version (1.2.98) installed on 2 computers both connected to the internet. One computer shows both "map view" and "live camera" tabs. The other computer shows only "live camera". Is this an installation problem (if so which software could be the problem?) or are there changes I need to make to settings to bring up the map view?
whoopy is offline Find More Posts by whoopy
Old May 22, 2011, 05:10 PM
Near Austin
Joined Dec 2001
5,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomcevac View Post
Gene

There is the bug where you must actually click on Attopilot and then the aircraft number before connecting, even if the defaults look right - not modem specific though.

Ad
Thanks Ad, appreciate that
Old May 23, 2011, 02:22 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopy View Post
I have the latest version (1.2.98) installed on 2 computers both connected to the internet. One computer shows both "map view" and "live camera" tabs. The other computer shows only "live camera". Is this an installation problem (if so which software could be the problem?) or are there changes I need to make to settings to bring up the map view?
You can try going here and installing the GE Plugin....

http://www.google.com/earth/explore/...ts/plugin.html
Old May 24, 2011, 07:34 AM
Joined May 2007
6 Posts
Thanks. Unfortunately it says I already have the plug-in installed and doesn't give me an option to re-install it.
whoopy is offline Find More Posts by whoopy
Old May 24, 2011, 10:56 AM
Near Austin
Joined Dec 2001
5,393 Posts
Still getting the lock up even after selecting Atto and aircraft #2. Sometimes it will download all the parameters, sometimes it will only get 30 or 40 before it hard locks and I have to give it the three finger salute! After being connected for about 15 seconds or so, it loses comms and that lovely voice (can we change that? I bet I can get a sultry lady to record those) tells me I've lost it.