HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:13 PM
Canada, BC, Castlegar
Joined May 2014
244 Posts
Discussion
Cutting 3D foam Advice

Gentlemen :

I am currently building a 32 inch wingspan version of a V22 Osprey . This model is 50% of my original model and will be built using the same 3D foam cutting by hotwire technique that I am comfortable with . The bulkhead templates have been cut from cerial box cardboard box material and are ready to be applied to foam blocks . I make the bulkhead templates to yield a skin thickness of 1/4 inch and use a small hand-held cutting bow to cut the inside and outside contours . Once these section blocks have been cut out , they are joined with epoxy to complete the fuselage . This technique has worked well for me over the years but I always wonder if there is a better way to do this process .

Are other modellers using this technique to cut foam ? Are there any shortcuts that I could employ ; trix of the trade ?

I shall continue onwards though . A complete building log is on its way on my blog shortly .

Regards to all flyers : RickC_RCAV8R
RickC_RCAV8R is online now Find More Posts by RickC_RCAV8R
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RIX V22 Osprey : Update
to remove ads between posts