HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2014, 06:07 AM
United Kingdom, England, Gerrards Cross
Joined Oct 2014
4 Posts
Discussion
Cellpro Powerlab 6 Burn Out

I think I may have killed my Cellpro Powerlab charger but I don't really understand how.

I was using the Lipo storage charge setting to set up two 10400 mAh packs which won't be used for a while. These are 22.2 volt 6S2P, 35C by Desire Power. I use them on a Droidworx octocopter. I should add that I am very new to this Lipo game and it can be a bit daunting.

I had already storage charged 4 packs with no problem. As I was doing the same with the last of my six packs the charger shut down and will not power up again. There was a very slight smell of burning near the fan. I am no electrical engineer but I took the charger casing off and I can't see any obvious damage. The fuse still appears to be intact.

I think I had all the setting correct but I was not certain about the discharge setting. I think it was on 2amps but I can't really remember. The four previous batteries all reached storage charge with no problems on whatever the settings were. The batteries connected when the fault happened were not hot or swollen.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, especially on what the setting should be for storage charging these batteries. I think I will have to buy a new charger and I don't want to burn another one out.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.
Storkfly is offline Find More Posts by Storkfly
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2014, 06:59 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,839 Posts
You have not filled out your user's profile so I have no idea what country you are in however FMA / Revolectrix is one of a very few componies which does in fact repaire their products. I suggest you contact them for a RA.
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Oct 05, 2014, 02:24 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
12,135 Posts
If it's under a year old then it's covered by warranty, contact the dealer you got it from. If it's over a year old then still contact the dealer because they should be able to advise how to get it repaired.

FWIW.. You cant discharge at too high current, the charger will automatically self limit to it's maximum amp or watt discharge rating.
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Oct 06, 2014, 05:38 PM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
5,902 Posts
You should repost your problem in the FMA Vendor forum.
http://www.rcgroups.com/fma-direct-623/
The FMA tech support folks monitor there and should give you some help.

Glen
ggcrandall1 is online now Find More Posts by ggcrandall1