SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 08, 2013, 07:47 AM
mad about rc stuff
China, Beijing
Joined Sep 2013
2 Posts
Help!
shop and flying in Beijing

Hi aeroplane modeller in Beijing, China. I am new in town and will stay for several years in China. Now Iam looking for a good shop and a place to fly plane and or helicopter. Few hours ago I was at the adress of Rainbow model but I couldent find any supermarked, where the should be in second floor. So where do you guys go to fly and where you get your equipment? Please help
jewar is offline Find More Posts by jewar
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2013, 07:13 AM
The Hague, The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2009
3 Posts
I was there 4 years ago and I remember taking the stairs in the supermarket and it was in the corner on the 2nd floor. (Take the address and name in Chinese and show it to the workers inside the supermarket they know) I was there with my wife, she speaks Chinese and did all the talking. I think the owner can speak English. This same shop owner owes a flying club outside downtown where they all fly in the weekend.. Its the perfect season there soon .. so go to that shop and try again.

PS: there are some private flying sites there.. but you need to know the locals.. my wife got me deep into it, factory owners in Beijing showing me where they fly and or they pick us up and we fly in weekends. Otherwise I would never know how and what.
hopes this helps

Ra
prorafa is offline Find More Posts by prorafa
Old Sep 17, 2013, 08:51 AM
mad about rc stuff
China, Beijing
Joined Sep 2013
2 Posts
Hobby shop Beijing

Txs a lot for your answer. Last weekend I found rainbow and Foxmod.
So everything good up to now.
I was a bit nervous not able to practice my favorite spare time activity.
Salut
jewar is offline Find More Posts by jewar
Old Dec 28, 2013, 09:59 AM
Leventx
Joined Jul 2011
35 Posts
rc in beijing

Hi , this is Levent , working in beijing , since 10 years, use to fly together with rainbow.. i almost fly with everything flyable, scale, f3a,jets, heli... if you stay in beijing you can contact with me , levent 13520230772
paratechx is offline Find More Posts by paratechx
Old Apr 28, 2014, 01:03 PM
Joined Apr 2014
1 Posts
Hi Levent, Prorafa and Jewar, are you still in Beijing? I will work there for a few years starting this summer and intend taking my rc equipment with me from Germany. I am extremely interested in finding places to fly and people to fly with. I mainly fly 600 and 700 heli, but also all kinds of foam planes. I am looking forward to meeting you.
sprote is offline Find More Posts by sprote
Old May 18, 2014, 01:34 AM
United States, CA, Mill Valley
Joined Feb 2010
684 Posts
Funcub over Beijing train (3 min 5 sec)
drumbum is offline Find More Posts by drumbum