SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:23 PM
Registered User
FlyBillyFly's Avatar
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,864 Posts
Trader Rating: 180
Glad it worked out for you...Reckon i'll stay away from this fella too...Seem to have a problem answering one question...

Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:08 PM
Registered User
ibcinyourc.com's Avatar
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Jul 2010
15 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
Nothing I can say or do will even remotely satisfy or come close to giving all of the naysayers out there that automatically assume that the merchant is automatically guilty as charged! I could say the sky is blue and someone wants to spit hairs and call me a liar. The point is this individual chooses to go on a public forum and slander, sling mud, call me names, make false accusations call me a liar, scammer, moron, idiot, crook, and that list will more than likely be added upon. Why is the dealer/merchant/seller held to some higher standard and expected to perform flawlessly (don't dare call someone a name) and the buyer/customer can do and say whatever and he/she wants and then gets a free pass/pardon from some that read all this mess? Very Hypocritical in my view. He could have simply left me negative feedback on my sellers feedback score and that would have been enough, but NO he chose to escalate far beyond reason and turn this into some kind of big scandal blown way out of proportion. I have often wondered why other merchants don't actively place listing on rcu, rcgroup and other well known r/c web sites besides hobby-king or china-king. No wonder they stay away! Crucifixion avoidance. Case and point.
ibcinyourc.com is offline Find More Posts by ibcinyourc.com
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:08 PM
Registered User
United States, LA, Baton Rouge
Joined Jan 2005
586 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcinyourc.com View Post
Yes I or anyone else would be suspicious of a $1000 check which was supposed to be a money order!
Since when?

This your PM word for word, Rcgroups.com administrators can verify it:


Quote:
Okay, you have a deal! $1000 shipped.

Hopefully your located in the US? Ship cost would be more internationally. FYI

Please let me know when you send check or m.o. so I can be on the look out for it.

M*** W*******

Thank You
You said check or m.o. so please don't make it out to be something that it wasn't. What really happened, I think I and everyone else on this thread deserve to know.

I understand I won't be getting the engine, was pissed earlier, but I'm over it, but I'm still not really satisfied with your answer because it doesn't add up.

If you don't want to explain further, fine you have that right but just realize that other people are left scratching there heads on how you handled this.

its a pitty because I liked the stuff you carry and sell and wanted to talk to you about a valach 210 engine, but I can assure will never happen now.

to each his own.
Alkaline is offline Find More Posts by Alkaline
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:57 PM
Registered User
Nin3rsAllDay's Avatar
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jun 2012
307 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcinyourc.com View Post
Nothing I can say or do will even remotely satisfy or come close to giving all of the naysayers out there that automatically assume that the merchant is automatically guilty as charged! I could say the sky is blue and someone wants to spit hairs and call me a liar. The point is this individual chooses to go on a public forum and slander, sling mud, call me names, make false accusations call me a liar, scammer, moron, idiot, crook, and that list will more than likely be added upon. Why is the dealer/merchant/seller held to some higher standard and expected to perform flawlessly (don't dare call someone a name) and the buyer/customer can do and say whatever and he/she wants and then gets a free pass/pardon from some that read all this mess? Very Hypocritical in my view. He could have simply left me negative feedback on my sellers feedback score and that would have been enough, but NO he chose to escalate far beyond reason and turn this into some kind of big scandal blown way out of proportion. I have often wondered why other merchants don't actively place listing on rcu, rcgroup and other well known r/c web sites besides hobby-king or china-king. No wonder they stay away! Crucifixion avoidance. Case and point.
Maybe the reason people don't believe you is because you can't answer a simple question that was asked several times and that was when you decided to sell to someone else before or after you made the deal with this seller?
Nin3rsAllDay is offline Find More Posts by Nin3rsAllDay
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:19 AM
Registered User
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jan 2006
603 Posts
Trader Rating: 102
That was total BS on the sellers part. I had a similar thing happen. Paypaled the money and the seller sold it again. Hopefully you get no more sales here.
Beardiedrg is offline Find More Posts by Beardiedrg
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 02:53 AM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,525 Posts
Trader Rating: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcinyourc.com View Post
I have often wondered why other merchants don't actively place listing on rcu, rcgroup and other well known r/c web sites besides hobby-king or china-king. No wonder they stay away! Crucifixion avoidance. Case and point.
Many do, and they do well at it. They accept Paypal, and keeps things protected on both sides this way.

There are two ways to handle this now.

1. explain fully what happened and how, IE did you resell the item before or after you got the buyers bank check? Then walk away.......

2. walk away, stop responding, as its only making this worse.

I have to say, with all the responses you have given, I will not be visiting your website, much less purchase anything from you. Reading on your website, you say you have a positive feebback of 803 and counting, after saying you have been selling on Flying Giants and Rc Universe for years. but I cant find that.

Thats my 2 cents, and I am sure others agree, you are not painting a very pretty picture here of how most businesses would handle a situation like this. It is almost similar to a bunch of kids arguing at this point.
PropsnWings is online now Find More Posts by PropsnWings
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:30 AM
Krued Up
snolord1's Avatar
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Jul 2004
4,559 Posts
Trader Rating: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcinyourc.com View Post
Nothing I can say or do will even remotely satisfy or come close to giving all of the naysayers out there that automatically assume that the merchant is automatically guilty as charged! .
but you are guilty.....of not communicating with a potential repeat customer
you r guilty.............. of not sending merchandise that was paid for(regardles of how suspicious the CHECK from Capital One looked)
Finally,you R guilty...of poor customer service.

lets face the facts...YOU R GUILTY
snolord1 is offline Find More Posts by snolord1
Last edited by snolord1; Sep 28, 2012 at 09:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:47 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
Yet another post started with name calling and accusations. Brilliant. Lends so much credibility to your reputation and story. OP should have taken MW's suggestion about redacting the comments, but then again he's just ranting and wants his pound of flesh. You'll have that OP, along with a point or two I'm sure.

How hard would it have been to just state your case without sounding hysterical? And unless you've dealt EXTENSIVELY with someone, who in their right minds sends basically cash to someone across the country?

Count yourself lucky if/when you get your money back. If the seller doesn't take PP or a credit card, you should move on. If you take the risk and get burned, that's on you.

Unlike many rant threads like this, the seller has responded. At least they had a chance to give a response. In this case he wouldn't answer a simple question put to him, that's too bad. Ultimately as a seller you are responsible for all of your ads, and it looks like you were trying to hedge your bet on selling and basically sold to multiple parties. Not good. Doesn't appear your communication style is where it should be with customers as well. an e-mail to the OP immediately, and probably a phone call would have gone a long way.

Either way my list gets updated with more names.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:40 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2007
515 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropsnWings View Post
Many do, and they do well at it. They accept Paypal, and keeps things protected on both sides this way.

There are two ways to handle this now.

1. explain fully what happened and how, IE did you resell the item before or after you got the buyers bank check? Then walk away.......

2. walk away, stop responding, as its only making this worse.

I have to say, with all the responses you have given, I will not be visiting your website, much less purchase anything from you. Reading on your website, you say you have a positive feebback of 803 and counting, after saying you have been selling on Flying Giants and Rc Universe for years. but I cant find that.

Thats my 2 cents, and I am sure others agree, you are not painting a very pretty picture here of how most businesses would handle a situation like this. It is almost similar to a bunch of kids arguing at this point.
He's had enough problems with customers on RCU and FG is why he no longer takes paypal. For those who give him credit for responding to this thread,he always responds to the threads on RCU also though always negatively and blaming the customer just like here. I'll call him out.Someone offered $1200 and you took the extra $200 and left the original customer high and dry and did not even email or PM him that you called off the deal and sent the check back. HUNKUS
Hunkus is offline Find More Posts by Hunkus
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:30 AM
Often wrong ("wife")
johnbyrne's Avatar
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,303 Posts
Trader Rating: 89
This is my take on all this .. and I think there are several lessons to be learned here if the parties are willing to pause and think about it some and perhaps honestly reflect some

1. Both parties have made major mistakes

Seller: Your first obvious mistake was communications. Sending a letter if fine and probably good but given this was an internet deal you should have immediately sent an email / PM explaining that you do not feel comfortable with the check so you will return it. The Second major mistake you made and are STILL making is avoiding the question about the sell of the motor. You see, there are issues that reach farther than this one deal here. If you sold the motor because you didn't like the check (looks funny) then so be it. If you sold it because you got an offer for more money after you made a deal then this suggests that while that does not make you a crook or scammer, it does suggest that there could be an issue with your business ethics and most of us don't like dealing with people who have bad business ethics. Another possibility is you simply lost track of who was buying what and made a mistake. Failure to admit to mistakes also is an issue in many of our minds. I can forgive an honest mistake but don't really like the drama of cover ups. So you see, when you won't answer this one simple question we can't figure out which of the above it is so we have NO option other than to assume the worst.

Buyer: You absolutely need to be careful when you post something. You started this thread out in a way that there was no way it could do anything but go downhill. All we needed was the facts and to be totally honest with you, your facts don't line up so (just being honest sorry) I wonder if we are getting everything or if there is more to the story still.

Case in point

You said "You said check or m.o. so please don't make it out to be something that it wasn't." in response to him saying he was looking for a MO ... BUT.. you also said "Cool,

Sending the money today I"ll provide you with the tracking no. " He stated he was looking for a MO and got a check. What the seller said appears to be 100% valid. Bottom line is I understand your frustration but I also see some holes in your story that line up with the seller. Not discussing if this is a reason to void a deal, just looking at the facts as presented.

2. Bottom line is this. The seller doesn't appear to be a scammer so suggesting such is out of line at least with the info present. To be a scammer he had to be trying to take your money. He doesn't seem to be doing any such thing. Now the seller may have different business ethics than I'd like but I really don't know given he hasn't answered a simple question but he has/is returning the check uncashed so it is kind of hard to call him a scammer. Things like this do reflect on you too

3. I think both sides need to step away for a few days and cool down. Let us know when the check arrives and then this one can be put to a rest. I think the seller has probably lost alot of customers from this (me included) given his lack of answering the one question so the end result of what you wanted from this thread has been accomplished .. but at what cost? I'd probabaly not buy from you either so to some extent, both sides lost on this one. Dont' mean to sound rude or mean, just stating facts.

So can the seller and OP fix this at this point? Suggestions?
johnbyrne is offline Find More Posts by johnbyrne
Last edited by johnbyrne; Sep 28, 2012 at 11:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:50 AM
Heli Nerd
Joined Feb 2012
8 Posts
Trader Rating: 24
Thanks for the heads up. I won't be buying from this seller and I will let the folks at my club know not to buy from him too. What an underhanded thing to do.
Dizzante is offline Find More Posts by Dizzante
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:01 AM
Closed Account
Joined Jan 2012
756 Posts
Trader Rating: 37
Just the fact that he avoids answering if he sold the engine before or after he got the check says somethings up. He probably got a better offer and decided to go with it and leave the original buyer wondering what happened.
TheBeastTamer is offline Find More Posts by TheBeastTamer
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:02 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzante View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I won't be buying from this seller and I will let the folks at my club know not to buy from him too. What an underhanded thing to do.
sheesh
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Last edited by porcia83; Sep 30, 2012 at 08:06 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:11 AM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
dedStik's Avatar
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,480 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
I think the question here is ethics. It doesn't really sound as if the check looked fishy, anyone with a television knows Capitol One is a very real and reputable bank. A quick call could have verified the check in questions authenticity. It honestly sounds as if you agreed to sell it to OP for $1000 and possibly had someone offer you your original asking price in which case you reneged the deal, which is dishonest, then concocted a thin sounding story about his check looking funny.

I could fully be wrong, this is only conjecture on my part. The only things I do know is the OP's side of events. The way you immediately got defensive with other posters instead of trying to explain your side of the story shows that something was indeed fishy and I'm leaning toward it not being OP's check.

Thank you for saving me from making a mistake by purchasing from you both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbyrne View Post
This is my take on all this .. and I think there are several lessons to be learned here if the parties are willing to pause and think about it some and perhaps honestly reflect some

1. Both parties have made major mistakes

Seller: Your first obvious mistake was communications. Sending a letter if fine and probably good but given this was an internet deal you should have immediately sent an email / PM explaining that you do not feel comfortable with the check so you will return it. The Second major mistake you made and are STILL making is avoiding the question about the sell of the motor. You see, there are issues that reach farther than this one deal here. If you sold the motor because you didn't like the check (looks funny) then so be it. If you sold it because you got an offer for more money after you made a deal then this suggests that while that does not make you a crook or scammer, it does suggest that there could be an issue with your business ethics and most of us don't like dealing with people who have bad business ethics. Another possibility is you simply lost track of who was buying what and made a mistake. Failure to admit to mistakes also is an issue in many of our minds. I can forgive an honest mistake but don't really like the drama of cover ups. So you see, when you won't answer this one simple question we can't figure out which of the above it is so we have NO option other than to assume the worst.

Buyer: You absolutely need to be careful when you post something. You started this thread out in a way that there was no way it could do anything but go downhill. All we needed was the facts and to be totally honest with you, your facts don't line up so (just being honest sorry) I don't believe you either at this point.

Case in point

You said "You said check or m.o. so please don't make it out to be something that it wasn't." in response to him saying he was looking for a MO ... BUT.. you also said "Cool,

Sending the money today I"ll provide you with the tracking no. " He stated he was looking for a MO and got a check. What the seller said appears to be 100% valid. Bottom line is I understand your frustration but I also see some holes in your story that line up with the seller.

So bottom line is this. The seller doesn't appear to be a scammer so suggesting such is out of line. The seller may have different business ethics than I'd like but I really don't know given he hasn't answered a simple question but he has/is returning the check uncashed so it is kind of hard to call him a scammer. Things like this don't make you look very good to be totally honest.

I think both sides need to step away for a few days and cool down. Let us know when the check arrives and then this one can be put to a rest. I think the seller has probably lost alot of customers from this (me included) given his lack of answering the one question so the end result of what you wanted from this thread has been accomplished .. but at what cost? I'd probabaly not buy from you either so to some extent, both sides lost on this one. Dont' mean to sound rude or mean, just stating facts.

So can the seller and OP fix this at this point? Suggestions?
I think you bring up very valid points, it would seem both reputations were damaged as a result.
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Confessions of a Smoker
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:17 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedStik View Post
I think the question here is ethics. It doesn't really sound as if the check looked fishy, anyone with a television knows Capitol One is a very real and reputable bank. A quick call could have verified the check in questions authenticity. It honestly sounds as if you agreed to sell it to OP for $1000 and possibly had someone offer you your original asking price in which case you reneged the deal, which is dishonest, then concocted a thin sounding story about his check looking funny.

I could fully be wrong, this is only conjecture on my part. The only things I do know is the OP's side of events. The way you immediately got defensive with other posters instead of trying to explain your side of the story shows that something was indeed fishy and I'm leaning toward it not being OP's check.

Thank you for saving me from making a mistake by purchasing from you.
What thread are you reading? Did you not see how the seller came in and tried to explain what happened and his reasoning? Are you intentionally NOT trying to see what the seller had to say, or did you just miss it? Because it's there.

And speaking of ethics, is it o/k for the buyer to call the seller a scammer when he has absolutely NO proof of that?

porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Do Not Buy Things From Evolutionhobbies Www.evolutionhobbies.com Beware, He Is A Liar 51en On-road Cars 11 Aug 10, 2013 08:50 PM
Discussion scammers giving us all a bad name TJWright Trader Talk 15 Sep 04, 2012 01:34 PM
Discussion WWW.XELLTRA.COM Scammer sabongi Vendor Talk 1 Mar 15, 2012 10:13 AM
Alert Chamberpott..SCAMMER...LIAR EDFPILOT Trader Talk 39 Jan 30, 2012 09:34 AM
Discussion Do Not Buy Things From Evolutionhobbies Www.evolutionhobbies.com Beware, He Is A Liar 51en Vendor Talk 1 Nov 02, 2006 06:47 PM