Old Apr 08, 2012, 12:31 PM
Soaring Circuits
Coopersburg, PA
Joined Sep 2001
1,974 Posts
Discussion
ALES League

Guys,

I'm starting this thread to deliver the latest news and to answer any questions that come up regarding the ALES League.

For those who are not familiar with it yet, the purpose of the ALES League is to act as a vehicle to organize and promote the ALES competition format and also to promote camaraderie and connectivity between ALES pilots across the US and Canada. During the contest season, participating clubs send their contest scores in to the league and ALES pilots tally points by competing in ALES events. Scores will be totaled for the 2012 season and awards will be given out to those who have the most points for the year.

The ALES League website is where you can find the ALES and ALES League rules, browse a list of upcoming ALES contests, contact the league, and view the latest pilot standings. As of April 8th, a dozen contests covering about 90 pilots have been submitted. If your club has an ALES contest coming up this year, email it in and we'll get it posted in the schedule.

For those who would like to submit scores to the league, there's a link to a spreadsheet that you can fill out and email in. Please use this form and make sure that it's filled out completely and accurately. It makes the job on our end much easier.

Thanks,
Randy
rcbrust is offline Find More Posts by rcbrust
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2012, 01:55 AM
MrE
United States, WA, Gig Harbor
Joined Aug 2007
2,928 Posts
Thanks for doing this Randy. Its a great contribution to the hobby as well as promoting the ALES format

I like to suggest that you add a column to the spread sheet so we can see what model the pilot is flying. I just happen to know the current leader is flying a Radian - which I think is just about the coolest thing ever!

I think it would be interesting to see what planes pilots are flying and how the various models show in the field.

Thanks again for doing a great job!
MrE is offline Find More Posts by MrE
Old Apr 09, 2012, 08:01 AM
Red Merle ALES
United States, Mt, Helena
Joined Apr 2002
5,795 Posts
Randy,

Awesome work! I'm certain it takes some time to get this all input and posted for us to view. Thanks for all you do for ALES. Would it be possible to put a number column next to the "Total Best Five" results of the actual placement? Just numbers in order down the page.

I'm sure I'll never make it to the top because I don't fly against enough other pilots but it'd be neat to see if I can make it to the single digits!

Thanks
Curtis
Montana
Curtis Suter is offline Find More Posts by Curtis Suter
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 09, 2012, 08:10 AM
Soaring Circuits
Coopersburg, PA
Joined Sep 2001
1,974 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrE View Post
I like to suggest that you add a column to the spread sheet so we can see what model the pilot is flying.
That would be a neat feature but I see it being problematic for a few reasons. I think it puts an extra burden on the contest CD's to try and collect that information, especially because many pilots use multiple ships. If a pilot does have multiple ships listed, you're not sure which he used for what event anyway. It also adds extra work on my end and right now, I'm happy if I just get the information that's currently required submitted completely and accurately.

Maybe next year...

Randy
Old Apr 09, 2012, 08:16 AM
Soaring Circuits
Coopersburg, PA
Joined Sep 2001
1,974 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudyIFR View Post
Would it be possible to put a number column next to the "Total Best Five" results of the actual placement? Just numbers in order down the page.
Yeah, I've been meaning to do that. Tell ya what, if you don't see that feature by the end of next weekend, that means I forgot, so bug me about it!

Hey guys, it would be very helpful if everyone double checks their own scores. I'm pretty sure I've gotten everything posted accurately so far, but I'll be the first to admit that I'm not beyond screwing up...

If you see something that's not correct, please let me know.

Thanks,
Randy

P.S. I've requested that this thread become a sticky. I'm not sure if we need more than one person requesting this?? Anyone know?
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:06 AM
MrE
United States, WA, Gig Harbor
Joined Aug 2007
2,928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbrust View Post
That would be a neat feature but I see it being problematic for a few reasons. I think it puts an extra burden on the contest CD's to try and collect that information, especially because many pilots use multiple ships. If a pilot does have multiple ships listed, you're not sure which he used for what event anyway. It also adds extra work on my end and right now, I'm happy if I just get the information that's currently required submitted completely and accurately.

Maybe next year...

Randy

I understand Randy and certainly dont want to add to your workload.

I was mainly interested in seeing how well the Radians were doing.

At the moment, Radians are in 1st, 4th and I think 6th and/or 7th place in the league standings.

I think thats a real hoot all on its own - plus it takes a lot of the wind out of the idea that Radians need to be segregated into a sub-class
MrE is offline Find More Posts by MrE
Old Apr 14, 2012, 08:03 AM
Soaring Circuits
Coopersburg, PA
Joined Sep 2001
1,974 Posts
Update

The latest SVSS scores have been posted.

The May 5th EFLAPS contest has been added to the schedule.

Randy
Old Apr 14, 2012, 04:52 PM
Soaring Circuits
Coopersburg, PA
Joined Sep 2001
1,974 Posts
Update

The April 27th CVRC contest has been added to the schedule.

Randy
Old Apr 21, 2012, 08:56 PM
Soaring Circuits
Coopersburg, PA
Joined Sep 2001
1,974 Posts
Update

April 14th TCMAA scores have been posted.

Randy
Old Apr 28, 2012, 07:58 AM
Soaring Circuits
Coopersburg, PA
Joined Sep 2001
1,974 Posts
Update

The May 28th CASA contest (Rockville, MD) has been added to the schedule.

The July 15th Rideau RC Flyers contest (Kars, ON, CAN) has been added to the schedule.

Randy
Old Apr 29, 2012, 07:36 AM
Soaring Circuits
Coopersburg, PA
Joined Sep 2001
1,974 Posts
Update

The April 27th CVRC scores have been posted.

Randy
Old May 06, 2012, 09:30 AM
Soaring Circuits
Coopersburg, PA
Joined Sep 2001
1,974 Posts
Update

The May 5th EFLAPS scores have been posted.

Randy
Old May 06, 2012, 06:36 PM
Soaring Circuits
Coopersburg, PA
Joined Sep 2001
1,974 Posts
Update

The May 5th AESG scores have been posted.

Randy
Old May 12, 2012, 08:19 AM
Soaring Circuits
Coopersburg, PA
Joined Sep 2001
1,974 Posts
Update

The April 28th Helena Flying Tigers scores have been posted.

Randy
Old May 13, 2012, 03:53 PM
Soaring Circuits
Coopersburg, PA
Joined Sep 2001
1,974 Posts
Update

The March 17th-18th DESS and May 12th TCMAA scores have been posted.

Randy
Closed Thread