HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 17, 2012, 08:17 PM
Hulk likes flying things
United States, IN, Kokomo
Joined May 2008
621 Posts
I am sorry Gregco, sometimes devices can be installed this way.

Be advised that it is available as as a setup executable. I'm sorry I missed that option.
Roll your mouse over the words "setup executable" it will become a hyperlink click on it.
Download.
Keep us advised as to how things are going.
Good luck.
Phalanx-0 is offline Find More Posts by Phalanx-0
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2012, 10:54 PM
Joined Jun 2012
300 Posts
No need to apoligize, really thank you for the support just trying anything and everything. I'm sorry if I sound abrupt just trying to get all the info in. It will get done sooner or later, it is good to learn all this stuff, even though it wasn't a planned lesson. Will try the hyperlink soon.
Gregco10 is online now Find More Posts by Gregco10
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:21 PM
Joined Jun 2012
300 Posts
Ok tried the hyperlink, it went into an install sequence then the last part flashed something like driver install complete, looked good. Still doesn't show in the devece manager or start in the 2.0. Other question, I just made sure this was a windows 64 computer, and it is but the multiwii 2.0 has 2 options for applications, 64 or 32 bit, and the only one that pops up is the 32 bit. Could that be part of the problem?
Gregco10 is online now Find More Posts by Gregco10
Old Jul 18, 2012, 06:48 AM
Lisbon, Portugal
Joined Aug 2009
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS00 View Post
@Spark & @MuddyWulf

The thing is guys, it's very difficult to troubleshoot this without looking at your setups.

Bear in mind that the code is well tested, and is known to work with no mods on the Crius Multiwii AIO. So any problems you're having are due to something connected wrong, or placed wrong.

Go back to basics. Check that your motors are connected to the right outputs, that they spin the right way, and that they have the right props. Check that your board is positioned on the frame pointing the right way. Calibrate the ESC range.

If you do all this, your machine will fly, I promise.

Well, better safe than sorry, right?
I will reviw everything, perhaps re-build it, and try to make no mistakes,
Another thing i notice, when i push the throttle stick, is that the motos shaft is really wobbly, really unstable. The shaft is long, really long, never seen anything like it, in my other models.http://www.google.pt/imgres?um=1&hl=...r:8,s:22,i:172
Its just like this one. With the prop assembled, i can still see too much length of the shaft.
But i will re.try the assemble, and make sure everithing is in the right place. THnks.
Spark29 is offline Find More Posts by Spark29
Old Jul 18, 2012, 07:05 AM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Jun 2011
1,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark29 View Post
Well, better safe than sorry, right?
I will reviw everything, perhaps re-build it, and try to make no mistakes,
Another thing i notice, when i push the throttle stick, is that the motos shaft is really wobbly, really unstable. The shaft is long, really long, never seen anything like it, in my other models.http://www.google.pt/imgres?um=1&hl=...r:8,s:22,i:172
Its just like this one. With the prop assembled, i can still see too much length of the shaft.
But i will re.try the assemble, and make sure everithing is in the right place. THnks.
That shaft is bad news, and will cause you trouble. I cut my motor shafts so that the prop adaptor is sitting on the motor bell. Dremel takes seconds to cut a shaft. Just make sure you protect the motor, otherwise you'll fill it up with steel dust.

The way I do it is with a cardboard box. I poke the shaft through the box wall, with the motor on the inside taped to the wall. I then dremel the shaft outside the box.
TS00 is offline Find More Posts by TS00
Old Jul 18, 2012, 07:53 AM
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
Help

Hello, I need help. Trying hexax with this board. I have a problem ... Copter is not stable. Absolutely not respond when I hold it in your hand and rotate at all trying to cope. Regulators have calibrates individually, I also calibrates acc, gyro, magnetic and baro I left off. I have everything set by this site.http://polakiumengineering.org/?p=960
And no there is no change when there I have PID 15 is adapted or 3.6 than at the site. Thanks all
Duffs is offline Find More Posts by Duffs
Old Jul 18, 2012, 08:01 AM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Jun 2011
1,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffs View Post
Hello, I need help. Trying hexax with this board. I have a problem ... Copter is not stable. Absolutely not respond when I hold it in your hand and rotate at all trying to cope. Regulators have calibrates individually, I also calibrates acc, gyro, magnetic and baro I left off. I have everything set by this site.http://polakiumengineering.org/?p=960
And no there is no change when there I have PID 15 is adapted or 3.6 than at the site. Thanks all
Can you explain the problem you are having in more detail please?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 08:34 AM
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
When you tilt the copter was not at all trying to cope. In the gui but it looks like it wants to balance. Also I have removed vibrations ...
So it would not interfere Crius.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 08:38 AM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Jun 2011
1,508 Posts
So in the GUI, it's powering up the correct motors when you tilt it?

Are you using PPM SUM or separate channels?

What pins are your ESCs connected to?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 08:44 AM
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
Presne takto http://polakiumengineering.org/wp-co...82-300x224.jpg

A toto mam od definované #define A0_A1_PIN_HEX
Old Jul 18, 2012, 08:46 AM
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
When I do it from a defined and connected so that normally only those regla beep as when the signal is invalid.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 08:49 AM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Jun 2011
1,508 Posts
If you have #define A0_A1_PIN_HEX on, you need to connect the side motors to A0 and A1, not D5 and D6.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 08:55 AM
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
Yes, yes I have this
Last edited by Duffs; Jul 18, 2012 at 09:10 AM.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 09:15 AM
India, Telangana, Hyderabad
Joined Aug 2011
794 Posts
Hi all.
I have a CRIUS Lite (v 1.9 now).
1. Which GPS module can I add to it and what functions can it perform with the GPS? (Waypoints?)
2. What is an Xbee module used for? And how can I hook it up to my multiwii? What extra code to be uploaded?

Thanks,
Vineet

PS: Complete noob here, pls help.
vineet_p is offline Find More Posts by vineet_p
Old Jul 18, 2012, 09:25 AM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Jun 2011
1,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet_p View Post
Hi all.
I have a CRIUS Lite (v 1.9 now).
1. Which GPS module can I add to it and what functions can it perform with the GPS? (Waypoints?)
2. What is an Xbee module used for? And how can I hook it up to my multiwii? What extra code to be uploaded?

Thanks,
Vineet

PS: Complete noob here, pls help.
First, you're going to need to upgrade to 2.0 (or 2.1). But that will only take a few minutes.

In order to use cheap seial gps modules (e.g. Ublox), you need a way to convert this signal to I2C. This is done with an arduino nano. Search or the Crius Nano board.

You'll be able to position hold and RTL. No waypoints with multiwii.