HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 12, 2012, 01:42 PM
United States, KY, Hardin
Joined Jun 2011
714 Posts
Would it be dependable at 610.00 and shipping is ussualy higher because of it coming from over seas

my 600efl supercombo cost me 800.00 with free shipping
I really looked at the cx600 but by the time I added decent electronics it wasnt cost effective
I even just wanted to order a cx600 canopy last week. its 32.00 but they wanted 38.00 for shipping, what a joke
satgod is offline Find More Posts by satgod
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:44 PM
devIAtion..one TX to bind them
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehirobo View Post
copterX is working on new electric package for the cx600E. Which will make the combo seems lot more attractive.
Sorry, but if the esc is anything like you folks sent me with the CX500 and CX250, I'll pass. The 250 esc fell apart and the 500 esc is for a plane... no soft start at all.

I think the CX600e looks like a great kit, and I hope KY starts including some good electronics for a change.

Fingers crossed....
Hexperience is offline Find More Posts by Hexperience
Old Feb 16, 2012, 02:46 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Nov 2008
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexperience View Post
Sorry, but if the esc is anything like you folks sent me with the CX500 and CX250, I'll pass. The 250 esc fell apart and the 500 esc is for a plane... no soft start at all.

I think the CX600e looks like a great kit, and I hope KY starts including some good electronics for a change.

Fingers crossed....
Nono, new supplier. I got some samples from KY for my 250 and 450. It works much much better than the old one. No more hot BEC during setup, and so far for atleast the samples I got they work great with the copterX motors in my 250 and black angel. The KY guys told me they are very happy with the performance as well and it will be available very soon.
ehirobo is offline Find More Posts by ehirobo
Old Feb 21, 2012, 02:01 PM
United States, TN, Decatur
Joined Dec 2005
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_ View Post
Here is some pic with the new Align DFC head and low profile landing skid.
What grips are those? Would the CX Grips work ok with the DFC upgrade or would that defeat the purpose? I like the landing skids but would be afraid hard landings would break them too easy. Plastic would flex alot more than those? They look excellent though. Dwayne
dwayne loveday is offline Find More Posts by dwayne loveday
Old Feb 21, 2012, 02:07 PM
United States, TN, Decatur
Joined Dec 2005
66 Posts
Quote:
Here is some pic with the new Align DFC head and low profile landing skid.
Ahhh! I see now Martin. It took a minute. Low profile skids + Align DFC head = Low profile!! I just noticed the new head is shorter too. COOL. I wonder how much shorter the main shaft is on the upgrade? I like that. Lower CG. Good move. I couldn't put my finger on it at first.
dwayne loveday is offline Find More Posts by dwayne loveday
Old Feb 21, 2012, 02:37 PM
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingeragents View Post
You could get this bird in the air for much cheaper than 800. 4 solar servos (80 bucks max), esc/motor/batts from hk (200 at most), cx3100 gyro (30) . 610 + shipping
Thing is though, that if you're going on the budget side, then you might be inclinded to go with the HK600 so that $610 becomes $410 (or so).

It kind of feels like the two options for 600 size is full on Trex or Cheap HK, CopterX didn't break into that market on either side.... no cheap enough to be cheap and not a complete quality package like the Rex.

I'm really looking forward see what they do as far as the electronics package AND if they offer a package price, meaning we save on the $299 kit price.

I hope it's good, I like CX so far.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 08:55 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,992 Posts
Quote:
Thing is though, that if you're going on the budget side, then you might be inclinded to go with the HK600 so that $610 becomes $410 (or so).

It kind of feels like the two options for 600 size is full on Trex or Cheap HK, CopterX didn't break into that market on either side.... no cheap enough to be cheap and not a complete quality package like the Rex.

I'm really looking forward see what they do as far as the electronics package AND if they offer a package price, meaning we save on the $299 kit price.

I hope it's good, I like CX so far.
They seem to be charging a bit of a premium since they are the only 600 Pro clone - but when you look at it, there are less moving parts and bearings with direct-to-swash servo links and the FBL head. So less is more...?
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:49 AM
Joined Sep 2010
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne loveday View Post
Ahhh! I see now Martin. It took a minute. Low profile skids + Align DFC head = Low profile!! I just noticed the new head is shorter too. COOL. I wonder how much shorter the main shaft is on the upgrade? I like that. Lower CG. Good move. I couldn't put my finger on it at first.
Cx grip won't fit Align DFC head, and yes DFC head and main shaft is much shorter than the regular version, it's 20mm shorter iirc, or 35mm shorter than an HK600, that's huge.

I'm not concerned about hard landing, if so, this is a 10$ parts to replace.
martin_ is offline Find More Posts by martin_
Old Feb 23, 2012, 02:51 PM
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
They seem to be charging a bit of a premium since they are the only 600 Pro clone - but when you look at it, there are less moving parts and bearings with direct-to-swash servo links and the FBL head. So less is more...?
The local shop has an Align 600e pro with Motor and CF blades that is calling to me everytime I go in there. ($539).

Take out the $300 for the CX, and I'd be paying $239 for the motor and cf blades. (600mx is $139, blades are $76. at the same shop). So I'd be saving about $25... but shipping is more than $25...
Old Feb 23, 2012, 03:09 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,992 Posts
Quote:
The local shop has an Align 600e pro with Motor and CF blades that is calling to me everytime I go in there. ($539).

Take out the $300 for the CX, and I'd be paying $239 for the motor and cf blades. (600mx is $139, blades are $76. at the same shop). So I'd be saving about $25... but shipping is more than $25...
I was on the verge of getting a 600, but then discovered the joys of low-cost FBL on my 450, and now have too many things to try out before I go big! I still need to be more disciplined with how I treat my packs too, and 450 packs are one thing, 600 ones quite a different kettle of aquatic creatures!
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Feb 23, 2012, 03:13 PM
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,103 Posts
Same here. The CX500 TT is plenty for me right now. I have the cx250, cx450 and cx500 all with 3x1000's. I have a whole winters worth of fiddling around with settings!

The cx600 will be added to the collection some day...
Old Feb 23, 2012, 05:20 PM
Joined Sep 2010
484 Posts
Quote:

You can add +/- 20$ for the included tail blades in align kit also.

Not to forgot that with Align you get a battery tray and the front frame lock mechanism.......... and finally a 2 mm frame instead of a 1.6mm which flex everywhere.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 09:58 PM
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,103 Posts
You're not making it easy to walk out of that store.... But looking at it again, I figure the super combo is $1000 which is a savings of $250 (off all the align parts). So then I think well at that point I might as well pay $1400 and just get the 700e. It's hard to save for something in this hobby, there's so much to buy along the way.

I think there is a battery tray in the CX600 though isn't there?

---edit---

Ah, I see. I was thinking of the trex photos posted in this thread...
Last edited by Hexperience; Feb 23, 2012 at 10:05 PM.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:41 AM
Joined Sep 2010
484 Posts
I think they mispell the part, in fact what I mean is battery a holder to strap the battery on it, then you slide it in the heli frame.

For mine I bought the align front frame part and 3 battery holder, + some uppgrade here and there, putting my final cost higher than if I had bought an align.

I'll refrain on that, but this bird should sell in the 200$ range to be worth.

I hope the coming combo package will be 12S.....
Old Mar 02, 2012, 12:38 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Nov 2008
922 Posts
Quote:
I hope the coming combo package will be 12S.....
yes, the combo is going to a 12S.
ehirobo is offline Find More Posts by ehirobo