HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:53 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
9,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas650r View Post
this get funnier by the post.......... the above still doesn't address how the rotor is held on the shaft, 2.3 or 3mm.
You can laugh ... but I'm screaming around the skies with what must be one of the fastest 50mm T45's ...

The shafts that are supplied with the Turnigy motors are actually same as the stock size motor INTERNALLY ... it is only the external part that is 2.3 or 3mm.

I took the shafft of the burnt out Jpowers 4300 motor and installed that into the 2610 5000kv motor.

Laughing now ?

The way I did it has been posted so many times here and on Wattflyer that I got lazy and left out the swap of shaft.

Nigel
solentlife is online now Find More Posts by solentlife
Last edited by solentlife; Nov 20, 2012 at 01:06 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:02 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Joined Jan 2010
9,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCinNC View Post
nigel , i like the canopy latch you have on the t-45, any tips on how you did that ? i'm tired of usng a rubber band to hold the canopy on
I got fed up retrieving hatches of models so decided to find a better way. They are on ebay and Hobby King ... sprung pin jobs.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...0pcs_bag_.html

They are really meant to be mounted inside a fuselage for gliders etc. but our foam models are too thick. So I made a slot as you see at rear of canopy in the fuselage .. epoxied the latch in place. The canopy was then put in place and pin allowed to mark the rear ... a spent ballpen ink tube was cut and epoxied into the canopy at that point for pin to engage. If you don't fit a tube - the foam soon wears and enlarges.

The speeds my T45 is doing now - and the flex on airframe - no way will the factory magnets hold that canopy ...

Reminds me - I must get some more !!

Nigel
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:21 AM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
I got fed up retrieving hatches of models so decided to find a better way. They are on ebay and Hobby King ... sprung pin jobs.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...0pcs_bag_.html

Nigel
good deal...i can use these big time !
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:42 AM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,328 Posts
Quote:
You can laugh ... but I'm screaming around the skies with what must be one of the fastest 50mm T45's ...

The shafts that are supplied with the Turnigy motors are actually same as the stock size motor INTERNALLY ... it is only the external part that is 2.3 or 3mm.

I took the shafft of the burnt out Jpowers 4300 motor and installed that into the 2610 5000kv motor.

Laughing now ?

The way I did it has been posted so many times here and on Wattflyer that I got lazy and left out the swap of shaft.

Nigel
the laughing had nothing to do w/ what u did or how , it was the fact that some here could not get that the motor in question does not come w/ a threaded shaft.

simple and effective fix , just needed the answer
chas650r is offline Find More Posts by chas650r
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:41 AM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas650r View Post

simple and effective fix , just needed the answer
The better setup would be the cut down lander rotor. You'll get higher thrust with a lower amp draw due to more effecient rotor design. If you want even faster, Don's wicked 6000 kV in the wemo on 4s. Hands down it whips anything else in the 50mm catagory. You know what they say, there's always someone faster.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:30 AM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320 View Post
If you want even faster, Don's wicked 6000 kV in the wemo on 4s. Hands down it whips anything else in the 50mm catagory. You know what they say, there's always someone faster.
Joe,

Seeing that video of the Screamer has me thinking I need to make a special one myself. I do have to say the Wemotec fan may be more costly than other 50mm fans but it sure works well
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:37 AM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,280 Posts
Quote:
The speeds my T45 is doing now - and the flex on airframe - no way will the factory magnets hold that canopy ...
Nigel,

If you get some video with the passes a little closer to the camera and the throttle held a second or two longer I can doppler the speed of your T45 and we can compare to other T45s that have been dopplered.

Don
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:50 AM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
Joe,

Seeing that video of the Screamer has me thinking I need to make a special one myself. I do have to say the Wemotec fan may be more costly than other 50mm fans but it sure works well
Now that I have seen it work I will be getting one too. There is more room in the Katana so I may try it in that plane. But the Screamer was amazing with that set up! Not sure what other airframes could fit the battery needed to supply the power required.....But I am gonna think about it....
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:16 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Joined Jan 2010
9,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320 View Post
The better setup would be the cut down lander rotor. You'll get higher thrust with a lower amp draw due to more effecient rotor design. If you want even faster, Don's wicked 6000 kV in the wemo on 4s. Hands down it whips anything else in the 50mm catagory. You know what they say, there's always someone faster.
As before - I'm not confident enough to cut down a rotor ..... so the Lander is out.

6000kv ... now that's another matter ....

And too true - there usually is ....

One of the problems with the T45 is the airframe literally hits a max at about 140kph in the 50mm size ... the amount of thrust I'm getting now should have pushed her way past that - but it doesn't ... If the same could be put into the F16 or sinilar - that would be a different result.

Nigel
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:22 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Joined Jan 2010
9,043 Posts
Quote:
Nigel,

If you get some video with the passes a little closer to the camera and the throttle held a second or two longer I can doppler the speed of your T45 and we can compare to other T45s that have been dopplered.

Don
RCSpeedo has dopplered mine at just over 140kph ...

Stock was 85kph with 90 after a short dive.

4S on the stock was 110kph with 120 after short dive.

51mm 7 blade and 4890kv was 120kph

My present 50mm with 6 blade and 5000kv hits consistent 140kph.

I don't know what Doppler program your using but my RCSpeedo on PC and Android seems to do the job OK ...

OH and when I said "fastest 50mm etc. " I was prodding to get response !! I know I'm not fastest ... but it's still not bad.

Nigel
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:50 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,178 Posts
Quote:
RCSpeedo has dopplered mine at just over 140kph ...

Stock was 85kph with 90 after a short dive.

4S on the stock was 110kph with 120 after short dive.

51mm 7 blade and 4890kv was 120kph

My present 50mm with 6 blade and 5000kv hits consistent 140kph.

I don't know what Doppler program your using but my RCSpeedo on PC and Android seems to do the job OK ...

OH and when I said "fastest 50mm etc. " I was prodding to get response !! I know I'm not fastest ... but it's still not bad.

Nigel
My T-45 with himax 50mm combo, 4s 40c 1000mah sky lipo pack and no other mods is doing about 80mph. Stock exhaust diameter as well. I am sure that if I messed with it a little that I could get it in to the 85mph range or higher. It has way over 1:1 thrust to weight and can climb up as far as the battery and radio will allow it. So just a little more to go and it will gain some speed. The intakes are a little big but I can make use of what I have. 4100kv on 4s makes good speed! But the 6000kv set up from Don would really make it scream!!!
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:13 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,489 Posts
Quote:
Joe,

Don, with your balancing equipment, I wouldn't even hesitate. The Screamer is just that... a screamer. Yours would simply be a Wicked Screamer.

My T-45 is getting it's power system yanked and your 6000 kV 4s combo is going in to break over the 100 mph / 165 Kph level. Then it will go in the Screamer for a max speed effort. I personally think the Screamer is THE speed airframe in this series. I also want to test my Hoffman 5580 kV on 4s just as a comparison. I currently have that in a Hyperflow fan and it's an amp hog, I want to try it in the Wemo.

Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Last edited by Joe 1320; Nov 20, 2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:50 PM
Joined Sep 2012
544 Posts
I miss flying do I've decided to rebuild my crashed t45 and use the stock setup and when I have the money I'll get the airframe and dons wicked combo. My only problem is I don't have a vertical stabilizer. And I'm not good at forming foam so is there anything else I could make it out of or even a way I can make another one?
Mike20 is offline Find More Posts by Mike20
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:19 PM
Flying from Vic Park
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
2,448 Posts
Mike20, I have one if you want to pay the postage from Oz.
Do you need any bits?
Great_Goose is online now Find More Posts by Great_Goose
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:44 PM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike20 View Post
I miss flying do I've decided to rebuild my crashed t45 and use the stock setup and when I have the money I'll get the airframe and dons wicked combo. My only problem is I don't have a vertical stabilizer. And I'm not good at forming foam so is there anything else I could make it out of or even a way I can make another one?
balsa and paint or flim?
chas650r is offline Find More Posts by chas650r