HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:01 PM
Pilot, Co-pilot, Navagator
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,788 Posts
i will post a link when and if i ever do here.
nemoskull is offline Find More Posts by nemoskull
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:04 AM
Newbe learning everyday!
United States, OH, Parma Heights
Joined Aug 2012
794 Posts
So I have everything I need to build a new t-28. I just have a question about the control rods. How do you put them together? Are the tubes that came with them shrink wrap? And if so is that all you use? Thanks for any input.
dbdukeboy is offline Find More Posts by dbdukeboy
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:20 AM
Newbe learning everyday!
Joined Aug 2012
794 Posts
Also I was flying my stock t-28 yesterday, I went threw 2 batteries and on the third the motor cut out about 30 seconds into the flight. So I tried to fly it again a few hours later with a different battery and the same thing happened. Any ideas on what is going on? It was pretty chilly out so I can't believe it overheated about 40 degrees
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:51 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdukeboy View Post
So I have everything I need to build a new t-28. I just have a question about the control rods. How do you put them together? Are the tubes that came with them shrink wrap? And if so is that all you use? Thanks for any input.
Probably... yes, shrink wrap. I'd use some CA, too.
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:25 AM
Newbe learning everyday!
Joined Aug 2012
794 Posts
Well it's done, my T-28 with AS3X. went together well and the cg is perfect. I will maiden it tomorrow in 5 mph winds, wish me luck!
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:51 PM
Newbe learning everyday!
Joined Aug 2012
794 Posts
Quote:
Well it's done, my T-28 with AS3X. went together well and the cg is perfect. I will maiden it tomorrow in 5 mph winds, wish me luck!
After several attempts and some adjusting and redoing I think I got it right! I flew it a few times today and it is great very stable. Hardly any wind but I think it is going to be my new favorite micro. I'm just waiting for that bravo sx motor and 5043 prop to get here.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:49 AM
Newbe learning everyday!
Joined Aug 2012
794 Posts
Well I got the bravo sx motor with the 5043 prop on it last night. Took it out this morning, 30 degrees out and winds 10-15 mph. It flew great! That motor and prop made all the difference. Now I'm going to have to get more for my other micros. The AS3X seemed to work ok in the higher winds,she flew good just kind of choppy, it seemed to really make bigger adjustments in the higher winds. Didn't fly as flat and stable looking as before, but it was pretty windy. I'm still pretty happy with it. In smaller winds it flew great with stock motor. I know if I would have flown my regular t-28 today it would have been a real struggle.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:52 AM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,864 Posts
Quote:
dbdukeboy, is the SX much heavier than stock? How much re-balancing did you have to do?
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:52 AM
Newbe learning everyday!
Joined Aug 2012
794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
dbdukeboy, is the SX much heavier than stock? How much re-balancing did you have to do?
I didn't weigh it so I ont know if it is heavier. Its the same size so I would guess not. Howevere the prop has to be heavier do to the size. I just weighed them, stock prop is to light to even register on my scale. GWS5043 is 2grams.it was to windy today to tell, but it was a bit tail heavy before. I haven't checked the cg yet. I just threw it in the air and went with it.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:21 PM
Newbe learning everyday!
Joined Aug 2012
794 Posts
So I got a chance at lunch today for a couple of flights. It was a little windy but not real bad. It is flying very jerky. I don't know if the t-28 is just to light for the as3x or what. It might also be the wing has so much more flex than the spitfire. Any input would be great. I'm thinking of a whole new paint scheme so that might ad some weight if that is what is needed. I also have a real thin carbon fiber rod on the wing. I don't think it is helping much, I may switch to something more solid and see how that works. Maybe a flat carbon rod.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:04 PM
UMs & parkflyers... for now.
United States, VA, Herndon
Joined Apr 2012
3,007 Posts
When you connect the battery, is the plane absolutely still, in a sheltered location, out of any wind, and are you allowing the plane to remain motionless until the board "beeps" its readiness?

If not, the gyro will not judge inertial movements properly.

I found this out when I first flew my Carbon Cub.
davidterrell80 is offline Find More Posts by davidterrell80
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hand toss Avro Vulcan
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:32 PM
Newbe learning everyday!
Joined Aug 2012
794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidterrell80 View Post
When you connect the battery, is the plane absolutely still, in a sheltered location, out of any wind, and are you allowing the plane to remain motionless until the board "beeps" its readiness?

If not, the gyro will not judge inertial movements properly.

I found this out when I first flew my Carbon Cub.
I usually hook the battery up in the back of my SUV , but don't keep it motionless. I will give that a try. Thanks for the input.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:38 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,240 Posts
Yes, motionless is a NECESSITY for normal flight.
Should be listed twice in the manual in bold with red ink.
airpower is online now Find More Posts by airpower
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:16 PM
UMs & parkflyers... for now.
United States, VA, Herndon
Joined Apr 2012
3,007 Posts
I hook up the battery, pause for the beeps, then I pick up the plane and attach the battery to the hooked fastener.

Made a great difference.
davidterrell80 is offline Find More Posts by davidterrell80
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hand toss Avro Vulcan
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:01 AM
United States, FL, Palm Beach
Joined Jan 2011
1,162 Posts
Just got the T-28 last week and flew it for the first time in the yard after work on Wednesday. I don't have very much LOS airplane experience (a half hour of Wild Hawk 3ch patterns) but by the second battery I was doing split-s and immelmann's to avoid the trees and powerlines. The battery died when I wasn't expecting it and I nosed it into the grass pretty good which split the cowl in a few places. Man, these things are fragile! So the only mods I've done are scotch tape related.

I found a great location about 50yd x 50yd of fresh cut grass on Sunday and went to try the repairs. Since it was surrounded by smooth concrete I fitted the wheels for the first time. Landings on the pavement were great - no more foam damage. Everything went perfect and I felt like I was in total control. The occasional headwind gust caused it to climb suddenly but it was very predictable and the turns didn't seem affected.

Great little airplane for when I just want to put something in the air!
viper522 is offline Find More Posts by viper522