SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 03, 2014, 11:48 PM
Joined Sep 2014
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev71H View Post
** Enjoy the "wheelies" while you "enjoy" them, wheelies are *My enemy* now. While they look cool, or me they represent slow lap times LOL

BUT............. The cool factor is there for sure. True "super bike" response. HELLO Expodential (on the transmitter throttle)

Kevin
www.RCMCConline.com
I hear what you're saying I'm still figuring thing out as to when it wants to lift, I have a pretty light touch on the throttle, it seems to want to pull up on corner exit, I'm not sure if its due to the springs already being compressed and not having much more give or that this particular parking lot was not level (constructed atop a hill) so im guessing the largest contributing factor was slope + weight transfer. If I punched it while everything was settled and flat there was no real lift, if i was progressive throttle on corner exit it would sometimes lift.

I did manage to flip it over once after hard braking than heavy application of throttle, which makes sense, i imagine the front forks compressed on brake, than apply throttle acted similar to a bunny hop.

Still testing and experimenting, I think I'm all alone up here in WA, if you know of any clubs the intel would be appreciated.
dshy is offline Find More Posts by dshy
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2014, 09:55 AM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,716 Posts
I'm thinking indeed there are some guys in WA. John I'm thinking. The few guys there met up seldom and I think john got pretty dissapointed because of the low numbers of people doing RC Bikes around him. I will have to look through my emails. He was trying to start a yahoo group but yahoo groups kinda suck. RCgroups is a much better venue to online communicate.
Kev71H is online now Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Nov 15, 2014, 03:55 AM
Joined Sep 2014
13 Posts
Well its 32F out tonight but that didn't stop us.

Another Jabber episode Night Ride

Jabber 2013 : Night Run (1 min 20 sec)
dshy is offline Find More Posts by dshy
Old Nov 15, 2014, 06:24 AM
Alexandria, VA (Washington DC)
Joined Jan 2007
366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dshy View Post
I hear what you're saying I'm still figuring thing out as to when it wants to lift, I have a pretty light touch on the throttle, it seems to want to pull up on corner exit, I'm not sure if its due to the springs already being compressed and not having much more give or that this particular parking lot was not level (constructed atop a hill) so im guessing the largest contributing factor was slope + weight transfer. If I punched it while everything was settled and flat there was no real lift, if i was progressive throttle on corner exit it would sometimes lift.

I did manage to flip it over once after hard braking than heavy application of throttle, which makes sense, i imagine the front forks compressed on brake, than apply throttle acted similar to a bunny hop.

Still testing and experimenting, I think I'm all alone up here in WA, if you know of any clubs the intel would be appreciated.
more rear squat (opposite of anti squat like in 2wd buggy) will help with wheelies...like u said too much rear spring preload
poochy is offline Find More Posts by poochy
Old Nov 23, 2014, 07:58 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,345 Posts
The scheduled 1/10 Electric and IC touring cars race was cancelled due to rain.
Well... I went to the track, it was wet alright, and almost everyone had their coffee and went back home!
But... I ran the SB5!!!!

TT SB-5 at the very wet FRT Track ! (0 min 31 sec)

Video courtesy of my friend Dimitris Koltsidas, who travelled to Athens, all the way from Kalamata and was so impressed with the bike, that took the video and the pic below!!!

Edit: added a few more pics! My friends admiring the bike!
Edit Tuesday: Added a few more... wet pics, courtesy of my friend Foivos K. !!!!

And a small video, also from Foivos K:

TT SB-5 at wet FRT track! (2 min 23 sec)

The track was very slippery! I tried to run the bike right after the rain started... Oh well... Not that I could do any... better if it wasnt slippery!

Enjoy!!!
steliosh is online now Find More Posts by steliosh
Last edited by steliosh; Nov 25, 2014 at 06:50 AM. Reason: more pics!!!
Old Nov 23, 2014, 07:20 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Mar 2012
25 Posts
Did a quick run today. It just rained and still too slippery. Love the nitro sound, you cant beat it

Bike 3 (1 min 13 sec)
rollin3z is offline Find More Posts by rollin3z
Old Nov 24, 2014, 10:22 AM
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Dec 2010
163 Posts
very nice buddy
brcer is offline Find More Posts by brcer
Old Nov 24, 2014, 05:03 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Mar 2012
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brcer View Post
very nice buddy
Hey thanks, once the engine loosens up its pretty quick. I tried the wheel weights and yes the bike is more stable at low speeds but now it doesnt steer quick. I took them off..feels more nimble and better without them
rollin3z is offline Find More Posts by rollin3z