to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2006, 11:13 PM
WHAT THE...
Evansville, Indiana
Joined Jan 2005
1,576 Posts
Tower says they have it....
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...p?&C=AAP&V=UFL

be careful...they have claimed to have other items available, and they weren't! (gws p-40)
barmonkey is offline Find More Posts by barmonkey
Old Apr 16, 2006, 11:25 PM
WHAT THE...
Evansville, Indiana
Joined Jan 2005
1,576 Posts
I believe this is the included/recommended brushless...
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLVG8&P=0
barmonkey is offline Find More Posts by barmonkey
Old Apr 17, 2006, 11:01 AM
Colorado Springs, Co
Joined Oct 2004
464 Posts
I ordered 2 of the non-powered versions from tower and they have listed that they have shipped them.
schaubro is offline Find More Posts by schaubro
Old Apr 30, 2006, 02:22 AM
UAS Pilot/Tech Instructor
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2000
1,445 Posts
Anybody received theirs yet???

I looked at the video and had to have one. Only $117.99 with club discount so I ordered the one with the motor but will probably get one without for mods later.

I hadn't realized they've been available for a few weeks now and am a bit surprised no one is talking about them...... Hopefully they're not duds.

Mike
CryHavoc is offline Find More Posts by CryHavoc
Old Apr 30, 2006, 12:28 PM
EDF Addicted
Ocala,Florida
Joined Sep 2005
5,310 Posts
i have one but have only made a few of the "gun" holes look like .50 calibers with aluminum tubing i think i have a pic
MustangAce17 is offline Find More Posts by MustangAce17
Old Apr 30, 2006, 08:35 PM
Colorado Springs, Co
Joined Oct 2004
464 Posts
What is the best servo to use for the retracts? I bought the Waypoint 150mg retract servo, but I can not adjust the endpoints of the servo. This must be what a retract servo does.

So I want to get a differant servo for the retracts, but I don't know what to get? Do I need high torque and metal gears?

thanks,
tim
schaubro is offline Find More Posts by schaubro
Old Apr 30, 2006, 08:50 PM
kdk
NJ USA
Joined Mar 2005
293 Posts
i started mine today, received it friday from Tower. i have a 250w himax outrunner thats going to power it.

a retract servo dont have end point adjustments, unless its digital. any metal gear servo will work fine, then you can use your radio to adjust the end points. the HS81MG is my favorite servo for retracts on this size model.
kdk is offline Find More Posts by kdk
Old Apr 30, 2006, 10:05 PM
Off we go.............
Seattle, WA. USA
Joined Jan 2006
3,325 Posts
Actually from what I understand on this retract thing is that you need not use a retract servo, in fact you must not if it has 180deg. travel.
These retracts do not require it, only that you adjust your servo's travel to match that of the retract's. Which should be a snap if you have electonic travel adjusments on your radio, but not too much harder if not you just have to find the right servo arm length to get it right.

As for it's torque output I'd say we'll have to have one with better output than the rest. Which the rest in my case will be S-75's so I'll have to go with probably one of Hitec's in that size range but with a bit more strength.
I think I've seen a few of them which might fit the bill, but can remember their #'s off hand.
SabreHawk is offline Find More Posts by SabreHawk
Old May 01, 2006, 01:01 PM
Motor Maniac
Orange County, CA
Joined Feb 2002
2,875 Posts
I think the Futaba S3110 might be a good servo for the retracts. Plenty of torque and very close to the same weight as the HS-500 or S-75.
10Thumbs is online now Find More Posts by 10Thumbs
Old May 01, 2006, 06:12 PM
Joined Apr 2004
776 Posts
Has anyone gotten as far as installing the retracts yet? This is my first retract plane so I am a bit lost. The stems seem way to long as they extgend across the center line and into the opposite wheels well - that can't be right, can it? Do we cut these things off?
WolfeWind is offline Find More Posts by WolfeWind
Old May 01, 2006, 07:16 PM
Off we go.............
Seattle, WA. USA
Joined Jan 2006
3,325 Posts
Yes you will have to custom make the rods and put Z bends in them at each end so as to come out to 89mm. Wether you'll have to cut them Im not sure.
So what I would do is to put a Z bend at one end first, then measure off the 89mm from where it shows in the manual then put a Z bend lined up on that mark at 89mm so it will come out as it is pictured there in the manual on page 11, procedure 2, step 2. This way you dont do any cutting till it's done, and you just cut-off what's overage at one end.
SabreHawk is offline Find More Posts by SabreHawk
Old May 01, 2006, 07:18 PM
Joined Apr 2000
1,445 Posts
Hmmm...... I'm surprised answers like that are not in the instruction manual. The manual doesn't give radio recommendations?

Maybe a call to Towers Hobby services are in order.

Mike
Old May 01, 2006, 07:21 PM
Joined Apr 2000
1,445 Posts
Does it come with the blue paint in the pictures or is it solid silver and you have add the details???

Mine should be here Friday.... Can't wait.

Thanks,
Mike
Old May 01, 2006, 07:29 PM
Joined Apr 2004
776 Posts
Thanks Saberhawk.Cryhawk - I seem to have misplaced the manual - maybe I can download instuctions from tower.
WolfeWind is offline Find More Posts by WolfeWind