HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 16, 2014, 04:51 AM
Joined Feb 2009
264 Posts
Discussion
night flying, sorta, not with a lighted plane tho

Here in the Phoenix AZ area the darn wind comes up at first light, and I have three new micro planes, have flown on maybe three times in six weeks, another, once, and my mosquito none at all yet, Tonight I can't sleep so decided to drive around and see if I could find a well lit parking lot or something. Park lights go off at ten. I found a Catholic church close by that was lit up very nice and big enough to have some fun, or so I thought. Took my little PZ micro P-40 over and took off, well, five feet up it flat disappeared against the black background sky. Even though the light poles are some 25 feet up, it doesn't work, I had to cut the power and hope I could find it, luckily it was headed my direction and came down without damage. So that idea is down the tubes now. I thought I might beat the weather man finally, but not so. guess I gotta move somewhere where the wind doesn't blow months on end, anyone got any ideas?
canyon is offline Find More Posts by canyon
to remove ads between posts
Old May 17, 2014, 06:54 PM
Sure, I can fly after sunset!?
United States, MI, Novi
Joined Jan 2011
512 Posts
I fly my full size Radian at night and it is a blast!

I have several strips of LED lights on it. I can actually see it clearly at night, further away than I can see it in the daytime. Bright lights a night vs a dark silhouette against the daytime sky.

Perhaps some lights for your plane?
mybad is offline Find More Posts by mybad
Old May 18, 2014, 08:06 AM
Joined Feb 2009
264 Posts
Mybad, thanks for the help sir, might I ask a couple of questions? First, where do you get the LED lights you use, second, what do you power them wih? I am totally in the dark here sir.

Thank you very much
canyon is offline Find More Posts by canyon
Old May 18, 2014, 10:28 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Mar 2014
434 Posts
perhaps something like this?

http://www.lightinthebox.com/50-led-...FdgjvQod8yAAJw
clayton4115 is offline Find More Posts by clayton4115
Old May 19, 2014, 06:54 AM
United States, IL, Washington
Joined Nov 2008
1,942 Posts
Plug-N-Play, You just have to install them.
http://www.sf-design-solutions.com/
I R Irv is offline Find More Posts by I R Irv