Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 20, 2014, 04:39 PM
Joined Aug 2013
23 Posts
I now refuse to use spectrum kit as a short while after getting my parkzone Radian with DX5e, it lost connection and just flew straight and level and landed in a field about 50m away. a few months later, same thing again but i managed to get control back before it did too much. this happened two more times before it eventually got more serious. i had just looped it and it lost conection and to make things worse, it found a thermal and dissappeared off across the airfield (my local gliding club) before crashing into a hangar 3k away. since then i havent used spectrum gear and never will again.
just my 2p.

Tim
T.J.W is offline Find More Posts by T.J.W
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2014, 04:59 PM
Entropy is happening!
Bellingen NSW Australia
Joined Aug 2008
6,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J.W View Post
I now refuse to use spectrum kit as a short while after getting my parkzone Radian with DX5e, it lost connection and just flew straight and level and landed in a field about 50m away. a few months later, same thing again but i managed to get control back before it did too much. this happened two more times before it eventually got more serious. i had just looped it and it lost conection and to make things worse, it found a thermal and dissappeared off across the airfield (my local gliding club) before crashing into a hangar 3k away. since then i havent used spectrum gear and never will again.
just my 2p.

Tim
Me too! I gave mine away. I would not accept money for it. As I've stated before, far too many threads reporting something along the lines of "Another Spektrum Failure".
Jim.Thompson is online now Find More Posts by Jim.Thompson
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Yet another light plank!
Old Feb 20, 2014, 05:26 PM
rrg
USA, KY, Edgewood
Joined Dec 2007
1,257 Posts
5 years with Spectrum and no problem here. DX6, 7 and 8.......
rrg is offline Find More Posts by rrg
Old Feb 22, 2014, 05:00 PM
N00b Sloper Addict
Australia, TAS, Brighton
Joined Dec 2005
1,438 Posts
I dont think its spekturms problem only. Anything on DSM protocol has an issue from my experience. Orange, i think lemon are DSM too. Would expect the same from all of them.

But thats my experience, and opinion
Parkflyer81 is offline Find More Posts by Parkflyer81
Old Mar 03, 2014, 03:54 PM
Va
Joined Sep 2005
97 Posts
I am certainly not a Electrical Engineer nor do I profess to be an expert on the 2.4 GHz Radio Control equipment, but I have had good success with my TX's. I do know there are various types of Frequency Recognition systems on our equipment. There have been several version and revision to the equipment. I have Futaba, JR, Spectrum, several Chinese versions (FrSky and Turnigy), and Hitec TX systems. I have had problems with all. But I have had great success with all as well. I would not rank anyone above the other. They all have had improvements and at this point it is just a matter of cost. If paying $400+ for a TX makes you feel that you are getting a bullet proof system then buy it. I can get the same results from a 72 MHz TX ($9.00 on ebay) and a conversion kit that will cost me $35.00.
Each generation of TX is getting better and just like video recording - Beta tapes were much better than VHS, but the cost was 3 times as much. At the end of the day VHS tapes won the battle of shelf space at retail markets. So for now, DSMX is leading the pack in sales due to price.
rcflyertim is offline Find More Posts by rcflyertim
Old Mar 19, 2014, 06:55 AM
Fix it till its broke!
United Kingdom, Scotland, North Ayrshire
Joined Feb 2010
753 Posts
i have never had any problems with any of the 2.4ghz stuff i use. HKT6A 6ch and frsky module in my 9x.

that being said user error or power issues have caused lots of problems over the years:

from not using a big enough BEC and the receiver browning out
the antennas not being screwed on tight enough
battery connectors vibrating loose
receiver antennas inside the plane too close to the motor wires
geofrancis is offline Find More Posts by geofrancis
Old May 19, 2014, 03:45 PM
One does not simply fly RC...
Joined May 2014
19 Posts
Ive never had any problems with my TX or RX equipment, other than bad batteries, but I've never really pushed it (Other than the range test I did in my house, plane in one corner of the house, me in the other) I'm guessing it could be interference, or at 150 feet and 200 feet away there might have been some kind of wind that too you down.
Ilikeedfs is offline Find More Posts by Ilikeedfs
Last edited by Ilikeedfs; May 19, 2014 at 04:01 PM.