HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 28, 2013, 12:22 PM
RIP Sheba :(
Brentwood, CA
Joined Nov 2002
1,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenSt View Post
Very nice! Where do you learn about and buy all of the electrical components? Now that I am interested in micro planes, Cloud 9 doesn't exist. There doesn't seem to be a place to learn about actuators and motor systems. Can you help?
Hi Ken,

These are all good sources:

www.bsdmicrorc.com - as Corolian mentioned
www.microflight.com - Plantraco website
www.deltang.co.uk - for Deltang receivers, can order direct
www.homefly.com - for parts, carbon rods, mylar covering
www.a2zcorp.us/store/ - indoor plane supplies, tissue, balsa, kits
Robster is offline Find More Posts by Robster
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2013, 12:28 PM
Brentwood, CA
Joined Nov 2002
1,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadine View Post
Rob.,please tell me what tissue is that and from where?
Like allways nice work....
Cheers
Thanks Nadine,

I bought a large assortment of craft tissue from Michael's Craft Store here in California. It does appear that it is Esaki tissue (shiny on one side) and is very light. You can also order Esaki tissue from www.a2zcorp.us/store/.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 12:36 PM
Brentwood, CA
Joined Nov 2002
1,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogenstein1983 View Post
/Hay robster that's a slick looking plane man, I really love your removable wing Idear what type of wire is used for that I have some very thin wire left over from some pushrods for anotheir model, also really cool shaped elevator, look like an evolution on the pointy winged one you made in the past, do you have plans for it as such or was it a freehand project
Hey thanks Rogenstein, no plans yet since my usual building technique is all 'TLAR' . The wire I use is cut from an 'Ernie Ball Custom Gauge .013 Electric Guitar String'.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 04:56 PM
Joined Feb 2012
215 Posts
Ha, that looks abougt right, I actually had to Google that tlar ,I suppose all sorts of wire could do for that job, keep um comeing
rogenstein1983 is offline Find More Posts by rogenstein1983
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stevens Aero FlyBaby bipe
Old Jul 01, 2013, 03:07 PM
Scratch builder
USA, PA, Telford
Joined Apr 2004
1,343 Posts
I guess I was expecting an all inclusive GWS type of supplier for micro stuff and it just isn't out there. I looked at Plantraco's site, they seem to be fairly complete... a one stop shop of sorts. But the variety you listed is also interesting.

I browsed the sticky Coriolan listed before posting but quickly became frustrated when I it seemed some of the content was out dated and some suppliers were no longer available.

Tissue, Michael's...really? I'm new at indoor and trying to make an indoor Rogallo with vapor electronics and was looking for lighter.

Thanks for the sites!
KenSt is offline Find More Posts by KenSt
Old Jul 01, 2013, 03:34 PM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Sep 2006
5,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenSt View Post
I guess I was expecting an all inclusive GWS type of supplier for micro stuff and it just isn't out there. I looked at Plantraco's site, they seem to be fairly complete... a one stop shop of sorts. But the variety you listed is also interesting.

I browsed the sticky Coriolan listed before posting but quickly became frustrated when I it seemed some of the content was out dated and some suppliers were no longer available.

Tissue, Michael's...really? I'm new at indoor and trying to make an indoor Rogallo with vapor electronics and was looking for lighter.

Thanks for the sites!
Have a look at the Cootie by Ralph Bradley, could be made larger to use Vapor electronic
http://www.bsdmicrorc.com/index.php?show_aux_page=5
At the same time take a look at Paul&Ralph Bradley excellent site:
http://www.parmodels.com/
coriolan is offline Find More Posts by coriolan
Old Jul 01, 2013, 11:08 PM
Scratch builder
USA, PA, Telford
Joined Apr 2004
1,343 Posts
Thanks, don't want to hijack the thread
KenSt is offline Find More Posts by KenSt
Old Jul 02, 2013, 12:02 AM
Brentwood, CA
Joined Nov 2002
1,123 Posts
Hijack away my friend!... As long as you share your next micro build with us .
Old Jul 02, 2013, 02:02 AM
West of California Speedway, East of LaLa, North of Disneyland
Joined May 2001
2,235 Posts
This thread is representative of the heart and soul, meat and bones of the original intent of this forum. Ideas, comments, suggestions, light conversation, compliments......

Look beyond that the fact that the content of the "sticky"s at the top of this forum refer to bulky 2+ gram receivers, 5+ gram servos, huge motors, pathetic (compared to today in weight or capacity) batteries. There is still a wealth of ideas that can be applied today.

A challenge to contributors and to "lurkers"......Keep it up and make the ingenuity and innovation spread despite the store-bought "instant gratification PNP and BNF" stuff. They certainly have their place, but leave room for individual initiative .... it needs to be nurtured.
356Jim is offline Find More Posts by 356Jim
Old Jul 03, 2013, 02:25 PM
United Kingdom, England, Essex
Joined Oct 2006
595 Posts
That is sooo nice. Modern technology in a proper balsa and tissue model! It has character that you just don't get with foam. Beautiful. Well done.
marksherlock is offline Find More Posts by marksherlock