HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 18, 2014, 01:37 AM
Sverige, Värmlands Län, Filipstad
Joined Jan 2009
1,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Gump View Post
I'm currently using a jive 80hv with heatsink in f3a mode. Running hacker a60-5s v2 with a 20x13 prop on 8s and esc is cold here in Tucson during the summer just make sure you have good ventilation for motor and esc
Yes good cooling for motor and ESC (and battery) is important. On my MythoS 125E, and I assume on all of them, it was Oracover (Ultracote) on outside firewall that more or less would block effective cooling air to exit through fuselage at air exit hole, on underside of fuselage. I'm not sure I understand the reason why Sebart has the firewall covered. Anyway I removed the white Oracover on firewall so air can flow over motor, ESC, battery and then exit the air exit hole. Motor, ESC and battery is rather cool even on hot summer day in my MythoS 125E.

/Bo
bossee is offline Find More Posts by bossee
Last edited by bossee; Jun 18, 2014 at 04:38 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2014, 03:13 PM
Joined Jun 2004
37 Posts
After a nasty incident with a tree , which won , my replacement showed up yesterday. I picked it up at 10am as of now it awaits the falcon spinner and prop and needs to have cg checked. Gotta be a record for me on a build. But man did I miss it.
B@@mer is offline Find More Posts by B@@mer
Old Jul 13, 2014, 03:44 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B@@mer View Post
After a nasty incident with a tree , which won , my replacement showed up yesterday. I picked it up at 10am as of now it awaits the falcon spinner and prop and needs to have cg checked. Gotta be a record for me on a build. But man did I miss it.
Wait... What did I miss?!

Jack
jfetter is offline Find More Posts by jfetter
Old Jul 13, 2014, 04:35 PM
Joined Jun 2004
37 Posts
Higher than normal base line for me at a contest. The trees got 3 airframes that weekend. Everything survived but the airframe and a set of tp packs I'm back in the game once the falcon spinner and prop show. This one will be easier to balance as well I put the rudder servo in the rear.

Kevin
Old Jul 13, 2014, 04:44 PM
Joined Jan 2009
1,115 Posts
B@@mer,
That must be a record assembly (almost) of a MythoS 125. When I think about my assembly of my MythoS 125E (and MythoS Pro) much time was spent to just thinking how to best mount things and route the cables, fix extension cables, program the radio etc and to make everything as good as possible for low or zero maintenance in future. A second assembly should get significantly faster.
I'm rather meticulous in my builds just because a) I do not want anything to fail because my own carelessness and b) I know it will pay in long run with low maintenance. My MythoS 125E took about 3 weeks to complete (and MythoS Pro close to double that time).

Although I do not mind to work rather intense with a build or assembly it is almost impossible to do that when working full time other then maybe on weekends. It is strange when one gets older that I feel that time is the thing I get short of or maybe it is that times seems to go faster, at least it is for me. Also I like flying more then building so that keeps me motivated to finish builds. I do not think I have ever built a plane or any other radio controled vehicle just for fun of building (but it is fun), it has always been the the aim to one day "use" what has been built/assembeled that has motivated me (ever since I started to fly/use RC in 1973).

So what happened with Your MythoS 125E?

/Bo
Old Jul 13, 2014, 05:16 PM
Joined Jun 2004
37 Posts
It's the second mythos for me and I have a 2m pro to build now for a buddy too. I learned a lot from building the first one. I came out Of a split s and much to,mynsurprise I was closer to the hill and trees than I thought. I nailed it about 18ft up.. Got all the parts back and checked the motor shaft etc. I got a new motor anyway so I have a spare motor. May buy another 125 for a backup machine oh knows.

Kevin
Old Jul 13, 2014, 06:12 PM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,229 Posts
I flew through the trees with my BVM Electra this past SEFF, sometimes they just seem to reach up and grab you!

Speaking of the MythoS 2M Pro, I've been assembling mine most of the weekend, pretty much done except for battery tray...

Jack
Old Jul 13, 2014, 06:21 PM
Joined Jan 2009
1,115 Posts
Jack, You are really a fast builder. Hope You post photos and comments of Your MythoS Pro when You have time.

/Bo
Old Jul 13, 2014, 07:54 PM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossee View Post
Jack, You are really a fast builder. Hope You post photos and comments of Your MythoS Pro when You have time.

/Bo
Yeah I've been taking some photos to add to your thread but honestly, you covered it very well! I had one kind of hairy thing happen, when screwing in the set screws in the stab incidence adjusters, one wouldn't go in easily, so I backed it out and started it again many times, finally deciding to torque it in and see if it would budge. Well, it ripped the incidence adjuster right out, and since it's fastened from the inside during construction, I really had to think for a bit for a good fix. I decided to align it carefully and then glue it using BVM Qpoxy (through a glue tip, so I could get to it easily and get a good bead). Turned out perfect but I was worried for a few minutes that I screwed the pooch ;-)

Jack
Old Jul 20, 2014, 10:04 AM
Farmington Hills, Michigan
Joined Aug 2010
2 Posts
Removing the tinting for inside the MythoS 125e's canopy

I used GUNK's Engine Degreaser to safely remove the tinting for the inside surface of the canopy on the MythoS 125e. I let the GUNK set for about 2 minutes on the tint, then with paper towel removed it and the tint with little effort. I then using soap and water to clean up the surface and let it dry. This is the first step before painted it solid with four light coats of Pactra's RC265 (Metallic Blue) and then three light coats of PC262 (Silver).
pattism is offline Find More Posts by pattism
Old Jul 20, 2014, 08:42 PM
Joined Jun 2004
37 Posts
Spinner and prop showed today so set cg and I'm back flying , contest this weekend. Gonna try a rasa 18-12 and have a falcon 19-12 too
Old Jul 26, 2014, 05:57 PM
Berlin, NJ
Joined Apr 2008
22 Posts
I have a Hacker A60-7XS motor for my Mythos 125e and some dumb questions.
- What are the 2 x C-clips for?
-What are the three thin brass washers for?
Is there an assembly exploded view available?
Thanks!
Greg G Jet is offline Find More Posts by Greg G Jet
Old Jul 27, 2014, 09:02 AM
Joined Jan 2009
1,115 Posts
Hi Greg G Jet,
I do not think the black C-clips are used on A60-7XS (or 5XS, 6XS, 5S, 7S, 8S). Hacker use C-clip is on the rest of the A60 series motors on the motorshaft.
I suppose Hacker use same content in the plastic bag (screws, washers etc) for all the A60 series motors and then You get the two C-clips that You do not need for 7XS (and 5XS, 6XS, 5S, 7S, 8S).

Although I have opened my A60-7XS one time last year I can not remember I saw any such small C-clips inside the motor but there is one large clip that holds the stator in place but that singel clip is much bigger and is not a C-clip like the small ones in the plastic bag.

I have A60-7XS (in my MythoS 125E) and it is not used any C-clip on the motorshaft that You as user add or replace on the shaft when mounting all parts on the shaft and then add the prop+spinner on the motorshaft.

Below photo of my A60-7XS. I use all 3 brass washers but if You prefer the spinner backplate to be slightly closer to the cowl You can probably use 2 or even 1 of these brass washers. Just check how it fit best on Your model.

/Bo
Last edited by bossee; Jul 27, 2014 at 09:09 AM.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 09:44 AM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,229 Posts
The C-clip is used if you mount the motor so the can doesn't rotate, it's clipped to the shaft before the supplied collar is installed to keep pressure on the bearing, which is meant to rotate, not prevent extreme lateral forces in the other direction...

Jack
Old Jul 27, 2014, 10:15 AM
Berlin, NJ
Joined Apr 2008
22 Posts
Thanks for the info guys! Much appreciated! My wife would be proud, she is usually the one asking "Is there really supposed to be extra hardware included?". Ha-ha.
Greg
Greg G Jet is offline Find More Posts by Greg G Jet