HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 17, 2011, 09:16 PM
Modesto Calfornia
Joined Feb 2004
700 Posts
Discussion
Simulated Leather

To all those scale nuts out there I just have to share with you what I consider a gold mine of a find. Simulated leather that is paper yes and it can be washed and sewn! All diferent patterns 0.01 inch thick and up. Example check your jeans if you have a leather tag on the back chances are its not leather its paper! The only problem at this moment in time there is no retail outlet unless some one like Hobby Lobby International picks up on it.
Name of the ccompany Colowa International Group I am hoping they will supply me with two sheets for my Super Ariston boat sheets are 39x59 and cost is $15 but a premium for shipping ex Europe.
I have tried all sorts of produccts in the past ladies handbags school book covers nothing works 100% its eeither to thick or it tears or it just doees not look right
David AKA The Brit
fudi50 is offline Find More Posts by fudi50
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:10 PM
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,022 Posts
I've gotten some very nice fine grained leather from old wallets.

Pete
PeteSchug is offline Find More Posts by PeteSchug
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some Books About Flying
Old Oct 18, 2011, 01:45 AM
Modesto Calfornia
Joined Feb 2004
700 Posts
paper leather

I have done the same but when i need white and sky blue and pieces that are 24" wide handbags wallets purses are not of great use
david
Old Oct 18, 2011, 08:14 AM
Xroadie
St. Louis, Missouri
Joined Mar 2006
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudi50 View Post
I need white and sky blue and pieces that are 24" wide
david
What..... are you making clothes for a 40% scale Elvis
xroadie is offline Find More Posts by xroadie
Old Oct 18, 2011, 10:30 AM
Modesto Calfornia
Joined Feb 2004
700 Posts
Leather

No, I also build model boats. If you look up Super Ariston you will see my 1/4 scale scratch build boat, the seats are 16" wide.
My main reason for posting was to let modelers know what is out there and also perhaps large art and craft stores may carry this product
The Brit