HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 14, 2011, 03:29 AM
Joined Mar 2007
53 Posts
Discussion
Airtronics Legend SC information

Hello all,

Airtronics produced a Legend SC, a 113 inch, longer fuse, obeechi and foam model of the original Legend. Never saw too much of it after it's debut in a few magazines. Does anybody have one, or know anything about this model?

Thanx
toddsters is offline Find More Posts by toddsters
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2011, 07:11 PM
Joined Mar 2007
53 Posts
It must not have been very popular...
toddsters is offline Find More Posts by toddsters
Old Nov 27, 2011, 05:29 PM
Known Wind User
USA, ID
Joined Jun 2004
247 Posts
No - probably not too popular but only because by the time the Legend SC was available, so was the thermal eagle, the saphire and others by airtronics that had newer more efficient airfoils.

I fly (and love) the wood built up wing legend and I suspect the sheeted wing SC would be a fine sailplane. I guess all I ever heard about it was the wings flexed a bit whereas the built up one does not. And yes, a little longer fuse in the nose so you didn't have to put in so much lead.

Cheers, Jim
Martini is offline Find More Posts by Martini
Last edited by Martini; Nov 27, 2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 11:25 AM
LSF V,LSF Secretary,AMA Lifer
Huntsville
Joined Oct 2003
2,077 Posts
I have an old Graupner kit called the Experience that looks a lot like the Legend SC would look if you can find one. The fuselage is gel coated, typical Graupner goodness. Someday I need to dig it out and finish it.
Robglover is offline Find More Posts by Robglover