Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 18, 2011, 10:13 AM
Tampa , FL
Joined Sep 2003
147 Posts
Discussion
Futaba 14MZ programming help

Iím helping a friend with a 14MZ setup and been able to figure most of it. Itís an aircraft set up with dual ailerons. The area im having problems with is setting triple rates to three individual switches. I can do triple to ailerons and elevator on separate switches. Now I need to set triple to the rudder on another switch. I only see six assignable functions under D/R so im short by three. I tried finding programming videos out there but they are all basic not covering what I need to do. Any videos out there that would show me?
Another problem im having is the radio transmitting without giving you an option.. On some models that are bound it asks if you want to transmit and others it bypass it. Is there an option that can be set for it? I ask some folks and said this should not be happening that there is something wrong with the TX.
Thanks for the help
Luis
relax1 is offline Find More Posts by relax1
to remove ads between posts
Old May 18, 2011, 11:25 AM
La Habra, California
Joined May 2004
579 Posts
Instead of using the rate function try using conditions with the group function on everything except for AFR (D/R). You have 8 conditions which should be enough.

The second part of your question is a very useful feature. The first condition 1 (default) determines if the transmitter transmits or if you get the question Warning non default condition. To transmit without this warning, the switch on positions have to match condition 1 (default). For example, this prevents transmitting with the retracts in the up position or in anything but takeoff configuration.
paracanary is offline Find More Posts by paracanary