SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 05, 2002, 06:40 PM
Frederick, MD
Joined Feb 2002
53 Posts
Bandit servo install,CG ?

Just got my bandit. This one seems to want the servo in the tail for the elevator. Did you all mount yours there or run a tube from near the wings?
Also there is no CG given, they just say fly it to determine CG!!!
I am guessing about 25% wing cord but what is a good start place for those of you flying already.
Also with the spoilerons, did you use down or up elevator when spoilerons are deployed. Instruction (what little there is) seems to imply down elevator of 4mm??

I am trying to figure a way to install the elevator servo in the tail but it is just a hole and barely any room for the servo arm.
(HS81s)
Workmanship of kit is great, instructions might as well not be included.
Thanks for any help.
Archer is offline Find More Posts by Archer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2002, 07:26 PM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
do a search for "bandit" in this forum and all your questions will be answered and more.... CG is 55mm behind leading edge
tic is offline Find More Posts by tic
Old Jul 06, 2002, 02:30 AM
San Jose, CA.
Joined Jan 2002
903 Posts
good advise Tic, also, shave the hubs off of the HS-81 and you'll have an easier time getting it through the opening.
ferradas is offline Find More Posts by ferradas
Old Jul 06, 2002, 07:04 AM
Single-task at best...
Telford, UK
Joined Feb 2000
7,507 Posts
Archer,

If you do a search on 'badnit' (note the spelling), I think you'll find your elevator servo questions answered.

Welcome to the club!

tim
tim hooper is offline Find More Posts by tim hooper
Old Jul 06, 2002, 01:28 PM
Frederick, MD
Joined Feb 2002
53 Posts
Sorry, I panicked when the plane arrived and I saw the small tail
hole. I had read almost all the bandit threads before buying the plane but was awhile ago and I was looking for performance/flyablity at that time.
Servo is installed. widen hole and installed with servo arm installed. threaded the rod while in place.

Tic, Thanks for the CG, That a little behind were I was thinking it would be, so you may have prevented a stall.

Question left is the up or down elevator with the spoilerons. I have seen comments for both up and down.
I currently have spoilerons set for 50% at full "throttle" with 10% down elevator, should be a survivable start point.
Was going to test glide today but too many wind gusts to trim it out. Even some of the big gas birdds were cartwheeling on landing.
Archer is offline Find More Posts by Archer