HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 27, 2014, 08:20 PM
Confirmed Chronic
Pacific Palisades, CA
Joined Jul 2004
9,253 Posts
I'm not sure this merits another post, but I thought I'd mention that I got some more laps in with the rebuilt Lumberjack over the weekend. Back to the scene of the crime (Parker Mtn.) but this time with onshore winds and much less wind velocity. That said, I was able to let the LJ run a bit with larger laps. No radar but it was likely in the 110-120 range on the fastest laps, I think. The plane definitely starts making different sounds the faster it goes, but it was solid and stable throughout. Even though the frontside lift was on the lighter side (maybe 20 mph sustained) the LJ still climbed really well but maintained a nice cruising speed.

Best of all, though, it is still REALLY FUN to DS, and for that I'm happy. It probably won't get a real test again until Santa Ana season returns in the fall, but I'm glad I didn't junk it after it folded.
screamin' eagle is offline Find More Posts by screamin' eagle
to remove ads between posts
Old May 28, 2014, 11:41 AM
chronic in training
L.A. beautiful san fernando valley
Joined Nov 2008
1,852 Posts
Saw Dominics LJ at parker on monday. Plane flies great. I was chasing it around with my off the edge drongo. planes are pretty evenly matched. was really fun. I have another plane I have to build to compare to it which will be some time coming. I would be interested in the 72" LJ when it becomes available again as I like that size and almost everything I have is either 60 or 48".
grfcon is offline Find More Posts by grfcon