SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 06, 2014, 11:43 AM
GPR
Rochester, Michigan
Joined Jan 2009
552 Posts
The boat has four large tear drop shaped step plates on the deck. The undersides of the plates are curved to match the deck curvature, but the top surfaces of the plates are flat.
I cut out the four plates from a piece of brass bar and then heated the plates to soften them. Each plate was then drilled to accept attaching screws and bent to match the curvature at its location on the deck. I cut a profile of the plates into a piece of wood and used that to hold and position each plate against my disc sander so that I could grind the top surface flat again. Then just more finish sanding and finish polishing. Now they need to be plated and then I will glue the rubber step pads on to the plates.
GPR is offline Find More Posts by GPR
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2014, 01:42 PM
Louisiana
Joined Sep 2006
1,325 Posts
Thanks GPR. Always in the details.
Rmay is online now Find More Posts by Rmay