HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 12, 2014, 10:44 PM
United States, NJ, Chatham
Joined Mar 2010
302 Posts
The only expensive part to ship is the chassis. After two years of running my trooper i finally needed another so i bought a few, since i was going to pay a boatload for shipping.
ck986 is online now Find More Posts by ck986
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2014, 12:26 AM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacofdfireman View Post
No way I'm soldering the 10awg to these XT60's. At least I don't have the skills to do so. I'm going to go back to the original HXT 4mm like you have just told me they were. Time to check eBay.

Any idea if these solder up any easier? Thanks for the help.
They solder up ok, just like anything else. But with these, the easiest/safest way IMO is to put the plastic red part onto the wire first, like you would with heatshrink, Then the proper connector to that wire. Then to get the red barrel over that connector, and isolated/safe'd off, use the opposite gender connector and plug it into the connector you just soldered on... Now pull the red plastic thing over your connector (with the opposite gendered connector still attached to it) and push it against something until the connector you soldered clicks into the red barrel thing. Now that side is isolated.

Now do the same with the other wire... Double check your polarities and genders with these connectors versus what you are going to use them with, they are polarized (both the plastic red casing and the connectors themselves). And like dealing with heatshrink, don't forget to put the plastic red thing over the wire first.

You can do them at the same time if you have a death wish. But that's up to you .

I thought I'd take the initiative and help you out with these instructions. I didn't want it to frustrate you, or have an lead shorting accident or something else I could've helped avoid. Also I didn't want you to have to do it twice by soldering the connectors on before the red barrel thing goes over the wires. If you never dealt with these connectors before it might be a little weird at first.

Because of the red plastic part, they are one time use only. But you can re-purpose them and use them as 4mm barrel connectors with a little heatshrink added.
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Old Dec 13, 2014, 05:40 AM
Joined Jan 2013
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timritchieblue View Post
Why are you buying extra parts? This isn't traxxas... This thing is tough? You don't need any parts. I have had mine over a year, and beat the crap out of it on 3s, with a 15t pinion. Still never breaks. I bought every plastic part for this truck, still have them a year later. Now I Run it on 4s lipo, trying to break it.

http://youtu.be/kEHM5T82peY
Where did you find a matching 15T pinion?
I wanted to try that on a stock motor on 3S
zedooo is offline Find More Posts by zedooo