HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 25, 2012, 02:07 AM
How close are those trees?
Goody63's Avatar
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RugFlyer View Post
Hey Dave, Here's the pics of the CS-70 / L2855/2300kv mounted with Longer 3x8mm screws. The stock screws are 5 or 6mm long and too short for mounting a motor in the CS-70 housing.

If you can't find these screws & washers I can send you some.
Cheers back at ya!
Thanks Rick

Aaaaggghhhh......Got it!

I was mounting my screws below the step (if you know what I mean).

Thanks for the very generous offer to send some over but I've got plenty of those bigger 3mm washers and should be able to pick up some 3x8s from the LHS.

I've got a few CS fans to go and re-mount the motors

Much appreciated!!

Also posted the video of the full-scale version if you haven't seen it already.

Cheers

Dave

SHENYANG J-11B: CHINA'S INDIGENOUS STRIKE FIGHTER (1 min 58 sec)
Goody63 is offline Find More Posts by Goody63
Last edited by Goody63; May 25, 2012 at 02:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2012, 02:54 AM
"LiPo-Blaster"
RugFlyer's Avatar
Duluth, GA
Joined Apr 2009
932 Posts
That's funny, I was just looking up pics & videos of the J11B!
And how China contracted to buy 200 SU-27's from Russia, then cancelled the order after 100 planes were delivered. Then started building their own cloned SU-27's so they wouldn't have to pay building royalties to Russia! clone
RugFlyer is offline Find More Posts by RugFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2012, 12:06 AM
"LiPo-Blaster"
RugFlyer's Avatar
Duluth, GA
Joined Apr 2009
932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anlucas View Post
It's on its way. Should have it over the next 2-3 weeks. The problem is that I got 2-3 other projects going on right now and I am not sure I will be able to finish them in time so that I can clear up my work bench and start on this one.

My 2 full time jobs(work and family) are fighting for time....

A couple of questions:

1. What hardware does the kit come with? (landing gear struts, wheels?)
2. Just to get ready for this, apart from the freewing SU-35 retracts I have these at hand:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=15092
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=15094
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=21156

Should I get something different?
Andrew, here's the measurements on the stock mech. retracts in case you replace them with E-Retracts, that way you can match the lengths up.
RugFlyer is offline Find More Posts by RugFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2012, 12:37 AM
"LiPo-Blaster"
RugFlyer's Avatar
Duluth, GA
Joined Apr 2009
932 Posts
Hey I have Twins!

HET 2W-25's(2720kv) mounted in E-Flight Delta V-15 Housings, CS-10 Fans, Extreme-RC 3.17 Shafts(I like these shafts not only because of the nice snug fit but because he's drilled hole near the end of the shaft which makes tightening the fan blade SO much easier) & Extreme-RC Precision Allow Spinners.

I'm using the E-Flight housings because they're more rigid than the CS housings plus there are spaces cut out of the motor mounts which are designed to keep inrunners running cooler. I 'll run this setup on 4S & mainly 5S.

I was originally thinking about running 6S with E-Flight BL-32's but since I already had the 2w-25's and plenty of 5S lipos I decided to go this direction.

-Rick
RugFlyer is offline Find More Posts by RugFlyer
Last edited by RugFlyer; May 29, 2012 at 05:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2012, 01:09 AM
Registered User
anlucas's Avatar
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
3,549 Posts
Rick, thanks for the LG info.

Looks like you 've been busy.....

I guess that with the 2w-25s on 5S your not going to need too much runway to take off....

I guess you could run both 4S or 5S depending on how fast you want to go....

Interesting combination. Will the 2w-25s be happy on 5S with the 10 blades?

I am on the lookout after not being totally happy with using a Cyclone Power 2800kv on 5S.
anlucas is online now Find More Posts by anlucas
Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2012, 01:56 AM
"LiPo-Blaster"
RugFlyer's Avatar
Duluth, GA
Joined Apr 2009
932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anlucas View Post
Rick, thanks for the LG info.

Looks like you 've been busy.....

I guess that with the 2w-25s on 5S your not going to need too much runway to take off....

I guess you could run both 4S or 5S depending on how fast you want to go....

Interesting combination. Will the 2w-25s be happy on 5S with the 10 blades?

I am on the lookout after not being totally happy with using a Cyclone Power 2800kv on 5S.
I haven't run them up yet, still have to solder connectors to the motor wires & ESC's then I'll do some watt-meter testing.
A guy over on the CS-10 thread has run the 2w-25 on 6S with no problems. Even though this motor is rated for 6S I think it would be pushing the limits of this motor with the CS-10 Fan. 5S #'s are supposedly in the 60A range.
Should have everything ready by Monday to do some testing on 4 & 5S and I'll post the numbers then!

I have the CS-480/2500 I've tested on 5S & 6S & it seems to do well. Can't remember the #'s right off hand.
RugFlyer is offline Find More Posts by RugFlyer
Last edited by RugFlyer; May 26, 2012 at 02:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2012, 02:33 AM
Registered User
anlucas's Avatar
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
3,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RugFlyer View Post
I haven't run them up yet, still have to solder connectors to the motor wires & ESC's then I'll do some watt-meter testing.
A guy over on the CS-10 thread has run the 2w-25 on 6S with no problems. Even though this motor is rated for 6S I think it would be pushing the limits of this motor with the CS-10 Fan. 5S #'s are supposedly in the 60A range.
Should have everything ready by Monday to do some testing on 4 & 5S and I'll post the numbers then!

I have the CS-480/2500 I've tested on 5S & 6S & it seems to do well. Can't remember the #'s right off hand.
Rick, the guy running these on 6s is using small 6s packs.

The 2w25 on 4$ pulls 56-58amps so on 5s
You should expect 75_80.
anlucas is online now Find More Posts by anlucas
Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2012, 04:51 AM
How close are those trees?
Goody63's Avatar
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,930 Posts
Hey Rick

That's gonna go like a rocket!!

It's gonna be a sweet setup in the super stable J-11B airframe.

I picked up some 3x8's and washers today so will hopefully finish off the re-motoring of mine during the week.

Only thing holding me back at the moment is I'm still trying to get a inherited LX A-10 into the air!!!!

Unsuccessful 're-maiden' today due to a slipping rotor (that had been fine during home ground runs ).

Keep us posted.

Cheers

Dave
Goody63 is offline Find More Posts by Goody63
Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2012, 01:17 AM
"LiPo-Blaster"
RugFlyer's Avatar
Duluth, GA
Joined Apr 2009
932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anlucas View Post
Rick, the guy running these on 6s is using small 6s packs.

The 2w25 on 4S pulls 56-58amps so on 5s
You should expect 75_80.
Just finished testing the 2W-25/CS-10/E-Flight Delta V-15 Housing combo with a Turnigy 100A K-Force ESC set at 18.75 timing (the closest setting, recommended timing is18) on my PVC EDF test stand. I can't begin to tell you how SMOOTH this thing sounds, quite & effortless!
Didn't get Thrust #'s my scale suddenly stopped working, will try to get it up and running then I'll post some numbers up.

Actually my Amp numbers were alot lower than yours. Andrew, were those numbers yours or did someone else post them?

UPDATE.... THESE NUMBERS WHERE FROM A FAULTY ESC & LOWER THAN NORMAL!

4S, 42-45 Amps @ 692-716 Watts w/ a Zippy 2650mAh/45C & a G-Force 3300mAh/35C respectively.

5S, 56-58 Amps @ 1042-1091 Watts w/ a Turnigy 3300mAh/30C and a FlightMax 3000mAh/40C respectively.

6/S, 72 Amps @ 1627.4 Watts w/ a Turnigy 2650mAh/ 30-40C (I don't think I'll be running this motor on 6S!)

-Rick
RugFlyer is offline Find More Posts by RugFlyer
Last edited by RugFlyer; Jun 06, 2012 at 04:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2012, 01:45 AM
"LiPo-Blaster"
RugFlyer's Avatar
Duluth, GA
Joined Apr 2009
932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody63 View Post
Hey Rick

That's gonna go like a rocket!!

It's gonna be a sweet setup in the super stable J-11B airframe.

I picked up some 3x8's and washers today so will hopefully finish off the re-motoring of mine during the week.

Only thing holding me back at the moment is I'm still trying to get a inherited LX A-10 into the air!!!!

Unsuccessful 're-maiden' today due to a slipping rotor (that had been fine during home ground runs ).

Keep us posted.

Cheers

Dave
Thanks, I'm a little cunfused that my 4S numbers weren't better!

Hey I love A-10's, I have a Dynam A-10 decked out with E-Retracts, Flap, Leading edge slats and more. The high wing loading makes it a challange to fly!
RugFlyer is offline Find More Posts by RugFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2012, 02:16 AM
Registered User
anlucas's Avatar
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
3,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RugFlyer View Post
Actually my Amp numbers were alot lower than yours. Andrew, were those numbers yours or did someone else post them?
Rick,

all your numbers seem low. Are you running an inlet lip on? If not, then this is the reason.

The 2w25 numbers for 4S where posted on the CS10 thread by 2 people. ExtremeRC quotes around 900watts for 4S.
anlucas is online now Find More Posts by anlucas
Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2012, 04:03 PM
"LiPo-Blaster"
RugFlyer's Avatar
Duluth, GA
Joined Apr 2009
932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anlucas View Post
Rick,

all your numbers seem low. Are you running an inlet lip on? If not, then this is the reason.

The 2w25 numbers for 4S where posted on the CS10 thread by 2 people. ExtremeRC quotes around 900watts for 4S.
Yea, I remember seeing higher numbers with the 2W-25!

The two different variables with mine are.

1. No intake lip
2. I am running the E-Flight Delta-V housing instead of the CS-70 housing.
Nick Tannaci has has good success with the CS-10/Delta V combinations with different motors:
Change Sun 10-blade, 70mm, 6s in a 4.3lb. Parkzone Habu (4 min 1 sec)


I'd like to know what Timing & ESC settings the other guys tested their 2W25's with. If they used higher timing, that would account for higher #'s also.

I'll retest with the intake lip for New base numbers, then I'll test the same motor in the CS-70 Housing instead of the Delta-V Housing with all other variables being the same so we can see the difference between the two housings if any with the 10 Blade Fan.
RugFlyer is offline Find More Posts by RugFlyer
Last edited by RugFlyer; May 27, 2012 at 04:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2012, 04:17 PM
Registered User
anlucas's Avatar
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
3,549 Posts
Just keep in mind that your amps will go up in the airframe.

I think the e-flite housing is good for high-power inrunner setups.
The only thing that I noticed is that the e-flite housing must be just that little bit smaller and the rotor blades may be closer to the walls. This results in more rotor whine.

I have a similar setup with the stock housing and the only noise is a subdued motor/bearing whistle.
anlucas is online now Find More Posts by anlucas
Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2012, 08:14 PM
"LiPo-Blaster"
RugFlyer's Avatar
Duluth, GA
Joined Apr 2009
932 Posts
Well...now I'm cunfused you said the reason for my low numbers was from not testing with an Intake Lip.
I tested the same 2W-25/CS-10/E-Flight Delta V-15 Housing combo with the Same batteries this time with a lip(the Delta-V lip) and the numbers are slightly Lower! I did have to set the EDF further up on the test stand because the Lip would not fit down in the tube but still had plenty of intake volume.

UPDATE.... DISREGARD THESE NUMBERS, THEY WHERE FROM A FAULTY ESC & LOWER THAN NORMAL!

W/out Intake Lip 4S, 45.71 Amps @ 716 Watts w/ a G-Force 3300mAh/35C. Starting Voltage 16.76V.
.. With Intake Lip 4S, 44.60Amps @ 695.7 Watts w/ a G-Force 3300mAh/35C. Starting Voltage 16.77V.

W/out Intake Lip 5S, 58.29 Amps @ 1091.7 Watts w/a FlightMax 3000mAh/40C. Starting Voltage 20.90V.
.. With Intake Lip 5S, 57.45 Amps @ 1070.8 Watts w/a FlightMax 3000mAh/40C. Starting Voltage 20.88V.

I guess I should start posting this info over on the CS-10 thread since it is more Fan related than Jet...
RugFlyer is offline Find More Posts by RugFlyer
Last edited by RugFlyer; Jun 06, 2012 at 04:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2012, 12:05 AM
Registered User
anlucas's Avatar
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
3,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RugFlyer View Post
Well...now I'm cunfused you said the reason for my low numbers was from not testing with an Intake Lip.
I tested the same 2W-25/CS-10/E-Flight Delta V-15 Housing combo with the Same batteries this time with a lip(the Delta-V lip) and the numbers are slightly Lower! I did have to set the EDF further up on the test stand because the Lip would not fit down in the tube but still had plenty of intake volume.

W/out Intake Lip 4S, 45.71 Amps @ 716 Watts w/ a G-Force 3300mAh/35C. Starting Voltage 16.76V.
.. With Intake Lip 4S, 44.60Amps @ 695.7 Watts w/ a G-Force 3300mAh/35C. Starting Voltage 16.77V.

W/out Intake Lip 5S, 58.29 Amps @ 1091.7 Watts w/a FlightMax 3000mAh/40C. Starting Voltage 20.90V.
.. With Intake Lip 5S, 57.45 Amps @ 1070.8 Watts w/a FlightMax 3000mAh/40C. Starting Voltage 20.88V.

I guess I should start posting this info over on the CS-10 thread since it is more Fan related than Jet...
I am confused too.... The fan is not getting fed air properly.
anlucas is online now Find More Posts by anlucas
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product A-10 Warthog Fighter Jet w/ Twin 75mm EDF (Plug-n-Fly) CrashingDutchman Electric Warbirds 168 Dec 13, 2014 10:36 AM
Article The Wings Maker Sport Wings 90 ARF Review tailskid2 Beginner Training Area (Fuel) 26 Nov 21, 2012 02:55 PM
New Product J-11B Fighter By The Wings Maker Psycho Synapse Foamy EDFs 11 Jan 15, 2011 02:11 AM
Sold Good old Vet GWS A-10 twin EDF jet fighter bomber with 2 servos shschon Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 3 Nov 24, 2006 03:26 PM
Sold Twin EDF F-4 Phantom Jet Fighter RTF complete shschon Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 5 Mar 23, 2006 11:13 AM