HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 01, 2001, 07:04 AM
Old school newb
Iraq
Joined Feb 2001
840 Posts
CSM v10 simulator?

Does anyone here have the CSM v10 simulator? If so, what do you think about it? What kind of radio do you run it on?

Punker
PunkerTFC is offline Find More Posts by PunkerTFC
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2001, 08:24 AM
N. Staffs, UK
Joined Jan 1997
5,654 Posts
I have CSM V10. I also have a website with loads of models for it (mostly created by other people, not me) at http://www.slewin.clara.net/csm/v10/csm10.htm

Although the sound and graphics are horribly old-fashioned I still think CSM has one of the best flight models around. It knows nothing about electrics though which makes it a bit of a pain working out what values to enter for the (IC) engine to make it fly like an electric motor. Although I still use it more than any other sim I have (RF/Aerofly/Helix/FMS) I don't think I'd recommend it these days. It's just too ugly.

I've used it with Futaba, Hitec and JR radios. It works fine with them all.

Steve
steve lewin is offline Find More Posts by steve lewin
Old Oct 03, 2001, 04:19 PM
Old school newb
Iraq
Joined Feb 2001
840 Posts
Yeah, the graphics are rather hideous. But I wasn't really too concerned about them, just the realism of the flight model. What is helix? I've never heard of that!
PunkerTFC is offline Find More Posts by PunkerTFC