Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 21, 2002, 02:46 AM
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Oct 2002
2,545 Posts
graupner mini star jet or wedgie?

Im feeling the need for speed which plane would be the fastest with an astro flight 020 direct drive? the wedgie... or graupner mini star jet?

Has anyone had any experience with the mini star jet....? or the wedgie, on brushless motors....

I remember reading in a magizine about some guy with a wegdie doing 130mph, and then the plane flying apart?
Does anyone know what motor he was using?
crazyj is offline Find More Posts by crazyj
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2002, 12:48 AM
The One....
San Jose, Ca.
Joined Jan 2002
5,813 Posts
***I remember reading in a magizine about some guy with a wegdie doing 130mph, and then the plane flying apart? ***

and Yoda said to the young Skywalker "LUKE, you have envisioned the future in your deep slumber. Feel it, taste it, for the event you envisioned, hasn't been printed yet and talked about, for you were that guy, and that was your wedgie doing 130 on an 010 "

***doing 130mph, and then the plane flying apart? ***

"Hoping that you woke up from that good, that ended up into one particular bad scene in your dream. Stay focus, no more crashing dreams........" hehehehehehe..

genovia

-- Built mine today, got everything setup. Hope to see you soon.
genovia is offline Find More Posts by genovia
Last edited by genovia; Nov 25, 2002 at 12:52 AM.
Old Nov 25, 2002, 11:53 PM
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Oct 2002
2,545 Posts
i started on my wedgie today and almost finished. should be flying this weekend... see ya around....
crazyj is offline Find More Posts by crazyj
Old Nov 26, 2002, 12:13 AM
San Diego, CA, USA
Joined Mar 2001
3,068 Posts
I kinda doubt anyone really got a wedgie going 130MPH (it's a foamie, after all) but if they did... I'm sure it didn't last long. Of the two, the wedgie is certainly lower drag (faster), although neither is what I would call "High Performance." You will have fun, regardless. Set the CG and control throws according to the instructions and it will fly respectably.

Good luck,
David
davidfee is offline Find More Posts by davidfee
Old Nov 26, 2002, 11:53 AM
Zurich, Switzerland
Joined Oct 2002
899 Posts
Speedy

If you want a really fast flying wing check this out:

http://www.holzmann-composites.com/Speedy.htm

This is fully moulded, has a perfect smooth surface and can handle high stress unlike the foamie stuff. Actually I have a Wedgie kit at home, I am kinda disappointed with it and I decided not to build it and put the RC equipment in the Speedy instead... Motor will be the Mega 16/15/2 on 8 cells (if they fit) :-)
KrisS is offline Find More Posts by KrisS
Old Nov 27, 2002, 02:01 AM
The One....
San Jose, Ca.
Joined Jan 2002
5,813 Posts
What did I do? I balanced the Wedgie 7.25" nose to it's measurement end, I can't seem to balance this thing. here's my bottom set up. Per Plan..
genovia is offline Find More Posts by genovia
Old Nov 30, 2002, 12:08 AM
Joined Jun 2001
1,569 Posts
Go here: http://www.f3x.com for the Passaj. It would certainly be a high perfomance wing with a hefty motor thrown on board. I was out doing a Nemesis with it on the slope for a while, not sure how anyone would squeeze the gear in it! Electrified, it'd be great fun. (Really smokes at just 8-10 oz per square foot, oh boy!)
e-sailpilot86 is offline Find More Posts by e-sailpilot86
Last edited by e-sailpilot86; Nov 30, 2002 at 12:10 AM.