HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:04 AM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash74 View Post
I can only find a servo reverser. Where can I get a y reverser? Thx also I have no choice but to remove the tail. The y to the two elevator servos are back there. As for messing around devaluing my new hs82mg servos. No thx ill stick to a reverser and save the butchers work for a much cheaper servo. Lol p.s the flaps are the same way!! What were they thinking when they designed this bird??
Have never seen a "Y" Reverser, but just put a Reverser inline with a Y and you have the same thing.
sparkie624 is offline Find More Posts by sparkie624
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:29 PM
Noob with Issues
United States, AZ, Maricopa
Joined Jul 2011
984 Posts
what crap!!! the plans just suck...why even include them??? Doesn't say anything about reversed servos or does it state anywhere the recommended throws?? EVERY set of plane has a recommended seting for throws!!! what are you guys set at??? 1/4" up/down elevator and or ailerons????
crash74 is offline Find More Posts by crash74
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:25 PM
Scale Foam Flyer
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Oct 2007
2,852 Posts
I set all my planes to 100% servo travel and then adjust how much my thumbs move. Setting manufacturer recommended throws is over-rated just as manufacturer CG is often unreliable. Dual rates? Expo? Humbug...
Flaps are a different story. I like to use multiple position flaps, and I usually set them up based on the full size counterpart, then tweak it if I don't like the performance. I have never seen a plane with opposed servos on flaps that didnt require a reversed servo on one side. Only way around it is to mount both servos in the same direction, or get a reverser, or open it up and reverse a servo.

-Cub
Cubcrazy is offline Find More Posts by Cubcrazy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Carbon Z Cub Floats are here!!
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:20 PM
Landin' On The Canopy BAD
Lee's Summit, MO
Joined Jan 2008
1,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubcrazy View Post
I set all my planes to 100% servo travel and then adjust how much my thumbs move. Setting manufacturer recommended throws is over-rated just as manufacturer CG is often unreliable. Dual rates? Expo? Humbug...
Flaps are a different story. I like to use multiple position flaps, and I usually set them up based on the full size counterpart, then tweak it if I don't like the performance. I have never seen a plane with opposed servos on flaps that didnt require a reversed servo on one side. Only way around it is to mount both servos in the same direction, or get a reverser, or open it up and reverse a servo.

-Cub
Or program your radio for it, in which case it will compensate when you plug in your flaps into two seperate channels. just sayin, love this thread!
F-86FLIER4LIFE is offline Find More Posts by F-86FLIER4LIFE
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:30 PM
Scale Foam Flyer
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Oct 2007
2,852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-86FLIER4LIFE View Post
Or program your radio for it, in which case it will compensate when you plug in your flaps into two seperate channels. just sayin, love this thread!
Dammit..you got me..the ol' program a mix method.

-Cub
Cubcrazy is offline Find More Posts by Cubcrazy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Carbon Z Cub Floats are here!!
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:39 PM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
928 Posts
Quote:

-Cub
Pretty much the same here.. except I used 125% on high and 75% on low rates. For the flaps I set 2 positions. 10 deg and 45 deg, measured with an inclineometer. They are cheap at Harbor Freight.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:40 PM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
928 Posts
Quote:
Dammit..you got me..the ol' program a mix method.

-Cub
More than one way to skin a cat.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:23 AM
Noob with Issues
Joined Jul 2011
984 Posts
The main reason I like to follow sudjest end guidelines for throws is that I have an edge 540 and the sudjest end throws were 1/4 up or down on the ailerons. I thought that wasn't enough throw so I made it full up and down. After takeoff with the slightest left aileron I did a roll 3' off the ground. I crapped my pants and after that I was told to use suggested throws as a starting point and adjust from there. So I do!,, maybe it does end matter with these cheap foamies but it sure does on sport / 3D planes.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:41 AM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
928 Posts
In reference to my nose gear steering problem (where the nose steering wires either slipped or stretched), I have not instituted a fix that I have not installed yet, but went to my hobby shop and everything I found was too stiff. I went to HOBBY LOBBY craft store and got some silver wire and going to try to make my own and solder it so it cannot slip. Will keep everyone advised on this part of the project.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:12 AM
Noob with Issues
Joined Jul 2011
984 Posts
what about just using a "GOOD" pull pull system. DU-BRO has pull pull kits! just shorten it...ALOT!! same concept but better quality. also as for my nose steering I'm gonna try to Cris-cross the wires. when on the bigger planes when the wires run to the rear, its better to do that!!
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:48 AM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
928 Posts
Quote:
what about just using a "GOOD" pull pull system. DU-BRO has pull pull kits! just shorten it...ALOT!! same concept but better quality. also as for my nose steering I'm gonna try to Cris-cross the wires. when on the bigger planes when the wires run to the rear, its better to do that!!
My hobby store did not have it in stock... I will look for it on the internet.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:51 AM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
928 Posts
Quote:
Looked at the Dubro site, do you have a Part Number for it by chance?
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:51 AM
Noob with Issues
Joined Jul 2011
984 Posts
the one I have is cat. no. 517 it is a 2-56 pull-pull system..
this would work better for this plane
this is what I have on hand good luck.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:52 AM
Noob with Issues
Joined Jul 2011
984 Posts
I have been doing some reading on the servo reversers... I get ALOT of mixed reviews.... some say NO causes fire...alot of speed issues...etc.... So i bit the bullet and took plane apart flipped servos and moved the controle horns!!
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:28 PM
Noob with Issues
Joined Jul 2011
984 Posts
She is almost ready...lol I forgot to hook up front steering!
Duke B60 Test Video (1 min 49 sec)