Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 05, 2010, 03:39 PM
Joined Jan 2010
477 Posts
Alert
nitroplanes extra 260 disaster need help

i cant seem to find nitromodels support forrum in here (maybe it doesnt exist) so im going to post this here maybe someone from there company will read this. its directed directly to them i copied my post from rcuniverse and now posting it here. moderator move it if you need to just let me know where its going.

ok nitromodels.com maybe you can help me out here but its likely im just going to be very upset regardless..:censore d:

i ordered an extra 260 from you folks about maybe a year ago, well shortly after i got it out of the box started to assemble the plane i had to deploy. so about 2 months ago i got around to finish putting it together. i put 4 flights on the thing which was powered by an os 46la with tower hobbies servos and a tower hobbies reciever.

i flew that plane for the first 3 times it was a great flying plane very impressed, the fourth was a disaster however.. the dam right wing game apart and the plane headed for the ground destroying the plane of course and my equipment that was in it, however the battery was salvagable.

NOW AFTER HEARING THIS IS THERE ANYTHING YOUR COMPANY CAN DO FOR ME, THIS WAS A BRAND NEW PLANE WASNT OVERPOWERED SO I KNOW THERE WASNT TO MUCH STRESS ON THE AIRFRAME TO MAKE THE WING COME APART. COUPLE OF THE MORE EXPERIENCED RC GUYS IN THE CLUB TOLD ME THAT THERE HAVE BEEN IN THE PAST SOME WOOD QUALITY WITH THE CHINA MADE PLANES AND THAT MY WING FAILURE COULD HAVE BEEN PREXISTING SINCE THEY SAW NO REASON FOR IT TO SNAP. AND WHEN I GOT IT OUT OF THE BOX I CHECKED IT OUT. WELL WHAT I COULD ANYWAY I WASNT ABOUT TO TAKE THE COVERING OFF THE WINGS TO SEE IF THE WOOD IS GLUED RIGHT WITH NO DEFFECTS BESIDES THE COVERING LOOKED GOOD I WOULDNT HAVE WANTED TO REMOVE IT JUST TO CHECK IT OUT THAT WOULD DEFEAT THE PURPOSE OF BUYING THAT PLANE ANYWAY.. I GOT IT FOR ITS GOOD LOOKS. BLUE WITH CHECKERED FLAGS...AWW MAN THAT WAS A SHARP PLANE. SO NITROMODELS.COM PLEASE TELL ME THAT THERES SOMETHING YOU CAN DO TO RECTIFY THIS SITUATION AND MAKE IT RIGHT WITH ME. AS FAR AS I CAN TELL IT WAS A PREXISTING ISSUE THAT WASNT ABLE TO BE FOUND BY MYSELF, SO IM NOT REALLY SURE HOW YOUR COMPANY COULD SALE A PLANE THAT WAS BROKEN.. AND IM SURE YOU PROBALLY DIDNT KNOW EITHER CONSIDERING IT WAS BOXED UP SITTING IN YOUR WHAREHOUSE FOR WHO KNOWS HOW LONG.. REGARDLESS THE END RESULT IS IM OUT OF A GORGEOUS PLANE AND EQUIPMENT. PLEASE NITROMODELS.COM FIX THIS SO I CAN BE A HAPPY CUSTOMER.

I have purchased 2 other planes from you. the extra 330 and the fiberglass f-16, the .90 size extra 330 is a great flyer but it doesnt look like the extra 260 i bought from you, the f-16 well thats still sitting in the box until we figure something out here and discuss the end result for the extra 260
mshay is offline Find More Posts by mshay
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2010, 03:58 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2008
2,937 Posts
Hi Mshay , Im really sad to read about what happend to your plane . A shame to loose the time and money spent . The two reasons I responded were to say im sorry for your plane , and to tell you that Nitroplanes has their own manufacturer's forum here on the Groups . If you scroll down to the very bottom of the first page , you will find "Vendor Talk" . Thats where Nitroplanes forum can be found . Oh yea , and thank you for your service to our great country , its brave men (and women) such as yourself ,who make America Great Best of Luck with it
init4fun is offline Find More Posts by init4fun
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 05, 2010, 04:36 PM
Joined Jan 2010
477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
Hi Mshay , Im really sad to read about what happend to your plane . A shame to loose the time and money spent . The two reasons I responded were to say im sorry for your plane , and to tell you that Nitroplanes has their own manufacturer's forum here on the Groups . If you scroll down to the very bottom of the first page , you will find "Vendor Talk" . Thats where Nitroplanes forum can be found . Oh yea , and thank you for your service to our great country , its brave men (and women) such as yourself ,who make America Great Best of Luck with it
alright thanks for that help i didnt see it here but i didnt look in the vendor section. no need to thank me im just doing a job i enjoy and getting paid for it, i should be the one thanking everyone along with a military service members. we thank you for your support.
Old Apr 06, 2010, 05:52 PM
Low, slow and dirty
maine
Joined Jan 2008
427 Posts
Goodluck with your issue. That is a problem that happens, maybe not alot but enough. I always when getting a ARF add glue hear and there to places.
Getting the news out is good. If others start having problems, the company will suffer at the end! nobody will want to buy anything from them.
jumpinjo is offline Find More Posts by jumpinjo
Old Apr 06, 2010, 06:27 PM
Joined Jan 2010
477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpinjo View Post
Goodluck with your issue. That is a problem that happens, maybe not alot but enough. I always when getting a ARF add glue hear and there to places.
Getting the news out is good. If others start having problems, the company will suffer at the end! nobody will want to buy anything from them.
yeah i glue it here and there where i want glue at and in places that i think should have more, but theres noway im going to uncover a wing or the entire plane heck might as well build kits which would take alot of time which i dont have since i deploy alot.

and so far no response on rcuniverse. and none from nitroplanes here either.
Old Apr 06, 2010, 06:50 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2008
2,937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpinjo View Post
If others start having problems, the company will suffer at the end! nobody will want to buy anything from them.
Hi guys , Ive been watching also to see if Nitroplanes responds because I beleive Mshay's account of what happened . Ive read WAY too many stories of manufacturers not properly gluing ARFs , in places we cant reach easily , to dismiss this as a "one of a kind" defect . Mshay seems a well educated modeler to me , and not some newb who crashed a trainer and is now looking for a freebie . The measuse of any company is not only how they treat you while your buying their stuff , but also how they handle any problems that pop up afterward that arent the customer's fault . So howz about it Nitroplanes , are you going to help this guy out ???????
init4fun is offline Find More Posts by init4fun
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 06, 2010, 09:22 PM
Joined Jan 2010
477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
Hi guys , Ive been watching also to see if Nitroplanes responds because I beleive Mshay's account of what happened . Ive read WAY too many stories of manufacturers not properly gluing ARFs , in places we cant reach easily , to dismiss this as a "one of a kind" defect . Mshay seems a well educated modeler to me , and not some newb who crashed a trainer and is now looking for a freebie . The measuse of any company is not only how they treat you while your buying their stuff , but also how they handle any problems that pop up afterward that arent the customer's fault . So howz about it Nitroplanes , are you going to help this guy out ???????
thanks for the support, its more than what im getting on rcuniverse heres the link there also http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9639451/tm.htm im by no means a newb and yeah i think i know how to put stuff together heck i have had no problems putting an 85 million dollar helicopter together so a 125 dollar plane is definitely childs play i have been around for sometime and yeah i have a few planes and never had a plane crash like that or an airframe failure. hard landings sure but the plane was fresh and so was the engine and electronics. if nitroplanes cant make this right with me then well i guess my voice will be heard everywhere. i tried to call them from a pay phone but after being on the phone for 15 minutes i had to hang up due to not having anymore quarters, so i wasted some time and more than a few bucks for what.... again no response. this is unreal, oh i also sent then an email and they sent one back saying call, i sent another email stating i have no phone and email response would be better and they said it will be 2 days before someone emails me back!!1 what are they serious they cant be that busy. im starting to feel the same way about them as some other guy felt about bannana hobby regarding them getting back to the customers. heck what if i have to suddenly deploy in the next couple days.. heck that would suck since email in afganistan although not impossible is certainly harder and more difficult than being in the states