New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 31, 2015, 06:53 PM
Find More Posts by pmarq2008
Joined Jul 2015
1 Posts
Discussion
V912 Counter Clockwise Rotation

Hi,
My V912 That I have had for about a month now and probably flown 15 - 20 times is now having a slight counter Clockwise rotation. I am able to hold it with about half to 3/4 right rudder on the stick but thats hard to hold when trying to fly normally. I have also attempted to trim it all the way to the right which helps a little.

From what I have read it sounds like it could be 1 or a cobination of 3 things. The first could be the gyro, Second could be and issue with the main motor and third an issue with the Tail motor. Now I think I would push away from the Gyro having an issue because I have read multiple things about the motors not holding up for long. With that How would I know which motor is the cause? I do not notice any issues in the lift. It still goes as high as it used and up as fast as it did in the beginning.

The Next question is how do I tell if these are Brushed or Brushless motors? Once that is figured out which should I go with when/if I need to replace one or both of the motors?

Thanks for the Help in advance.
Phil

FYI, I am a beginner. I had attempted a CP helicopter a few years ago right out of the gate with a bad out come. This past winter I decided to start with a Coaxial and got very proficient with it. I then obviously purchased the V912 after seeing the many good reviews about this helicopter being semi indestructible and a good step up from a coaxial. I feel that I am getting pretty good a the basic flight on this heli.
pmarq2008 is offline Find More Posts by pmarq2008
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 06:38 AM
Find More Posts by RaisedByWolves
United States, PA, Newtown
Joined Jul 2015
13 Posts
Check for hair or other debris in the tail motor shaft.

I have cats and get cat hair in mine, sometimes in flight mostly after crashing.
RaisedByWolves is offline Find More Posts by RaisedByWolves
Old Yesterday, 07:00 AM
Find More Posts by JW57RC
Fueled by coffee & LiPo
United States, FL, Venice
Joined Apr 2014
312 Posts
Yeah, it could be hair or debris. It's not unusual for the main motor to get weak after a few flights... Not that it happens all the time, it just can happen. You can replace the motor easily ... if you don't mind a few dozen screws!

There is a thread dedicated to the V912 and I recommend you take some time to do some searches.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1803090
JW57RC is offline Find More Posts by JW57RC
Old Yesterday, 09:44 AM
Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Joined Aug 2012
1,750 Posts
It's almost certainly your tail motor going south. It's almost certainly also brushed, as brushless motors last practically forever, whereas brushless go relatively quickly especially if heated up from too much hovering.

I agree with JW57RC: read the thread on the V912. You'll learn a lot.
Pa flyer is offline Find More Posts by Pa flyer