New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 20, 2015, 05:10 PM
Find More Posts by gordynic
scotland
Joined Jul 2003
265 Posts
My pico moth is on the board as we speak,tail feathers fitted landing gear modified using thicker wire, and hopefully the 2805 motor will arrive very soon
gordynic is online now Find More Posts by gordynic
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2015, 03:17 AM
Find More Posts by Hangar Rat
UK - in the middle somewhere
Joined May 2002
491 Posts
How do the Pico Moths do indoors Gordon? Is it the same kit as the original Moth from years ago (2005???)
cheers
Ratty
Hangar Rat is online now Find More Posts by Hangar Rat
Old Jul 21, 2015, 07:57 AM
scotland
Joined Jul 2003
265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangar Rat View Post
How do the Pico Moths do indoors Gordon? Is it the same kit as the original Moth from years ago (2005???)
cheers
Ratty
Before I placed the order for these PTMs I had a chat with Chen about them , the only available kits were the 280 motor versions , but he actually told me most people ditch the brushed motors and fit a small brushless set up ( I have just received an Emax 2805 which will be fitted this evening to the PTM I am building), but they are the same kits as the old ones only without the IPS motor /gearbox ... pretty little plane,I am enjoying putting it together and modifying things like the landing gear, using cocktail sticks as tailplane struts, and reinforcing the very flexible cabanes and struts using macdonalds coffee stirrers... just trying not to get too serious about the finish..... good for relieving stress I think. Hope to have it flyable by sunday for local model club open day
Last edited by gordynic; Jul 21, 2015 at 08:05 AM.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 11:23 AM
scotland
Joined Jul 2003
265 Posts
these are my pico moth build pics
first picture shows the 280 set up.... not really what I wanted
2 Emax 2805 and 1/8 ply bulkhead for a bit of strength
3 steel rule used to eyeball the tail feathers
4 using a spare GWS landing gear mount, thicker wire should be a lot stronger but has to get the front wires and cross wires fitted
5 struts and cabanes reinforced with coffee stirrers .....rigid