SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio

Infinity Hobby Folding Prop Blades For The DJI S800 - S1000

For anyone using the DJI style 15" folding props, there is a new affordable option available!

Splash

An affordable 15" DJI style folding prop option!

For the many DJI S800 and S1000 owners and the countless others who have adopted the DJI style folding propellers there was only a few options available and most tended to be quite expensive. Infinity hobby has released a new DJI style folding prop that is more efficient and cheaper! They are only $9.99 US for a four pack of CW or CCW blades!

Description: The advanced propeller is designed based on DJI EVO foldable propellers but have a different shape and are proven to be more efficient.

Manufactured by "Made-In-Taiwan" precise molds. Each propeller is made with precise accuracy doesnít need any additional balancing.

These propellers have a conical propeller assembly hole. It is designed to make sure there is a tight connection between the brass bushing and propeller. This in turn decreased the operation vibration of the propeller.

Install direction of brass bush (0 min 26 sec)

Pics and video of the efficiency!

Foldable Prop For Multi-copter (1 min 8 sec)

Also available from Infinity Hobby are the adaptors needed to use folding props on any 12mm 2 hole mount motor. (That will accept a 15" prop load)

For more information on the blades go HERE

For more information on the prop adaptors go HERE

Last edited by Sleepyc; Jul 23, 2014 at 09:47 AM..
Old Jul 23, 2014, 10:04 AM
Find More Posts by Sleepyc
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2006
978 Posts
I just ordered a few sets, so I'll give them a good going over!
Sleepyc is offline Find More Posts by Sleepyc
Old Jul 23, 2014, 03:58 PM
Find More Posts by motopreserve
United States, VT, Barre
Joined Nov 2013
807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepyc View Post
I just ordered a few sets, so I'll give them a good going over!
I'm curious to see what you think. Keep is updated.
motopreserve is offline Find More Posts by motopreserve
Old Jul 24, 2014, 03:29 AM
Find More Posts by harrysvr
Joined Feb 2006
120 Posts
Can I use them on my tarot 810? are they plastic?
What are the benefits of using 2prop instead of 3?
And why 24.21 for the adapt or when the tarot adapter cost 14.04(two)
harrysvr is offline Find More Posts by harrysvr
Old Jul 24, 2014, 02:35 PM
Find More Posts by Mauronic
cool, how high does it go?
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jun 2012
438 Posts
How can these possibly stay balanced after folding and unfolding a few times... I'd like to see someone test that. Also like to see a video of it balanced at every angle, not just horizontal.

Would love folding props but really skeptical.
Mauronic is offline Find More Posts by Mauronic
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCG Member Hall of Fame
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:30 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2006
978 Posts
I can tell you that I have 25 flights on my tri blade folding props doing commercial AV, and they ROCK. They stay balanced after folding, why wouldn't they? There are little teflon bushings to let them turn.

I have full sets of T-motor props that are now collecting dust as these are that good. I only fly the tri-blade as I wanted the extra lift (3 blade 15" props are equivalent to approx a 16.5" 2 blade.)
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:04 PM
Find More Posts by Mauronic
cool, how high does it go?
Joined Jun 2012
438 Posts
that's a good endorsement, look forward to hearing what you think of these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepyc View Post
I can tell you that I have 25 flights on my tri blade folding props doing commercial AV, and they ROCK. They stay balanced after folding, why wouldn't they? There are little teflon bushings to let them turn.

I have full sets of T-motor props that are now collecting dust as these are that good. I only fly the tri-blade as I wanted the extra lift (3 blade 15" props are equivalent to approx a 16.5" 2 blade.)
Mauronic is offline Find More Posts by Mauronic
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCG Member Hall of Fame
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:15 AM
Find More Posts by flappybird
Joined Feb 2014
28 Posts
Can anyone confirm if the 3 blade adapter can be used with the stock S1000 4114 motor???
flappybird is offline Find More Posts by flappybird
Old Jul 25, 2014, 07:38 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2006
978 Posts
If the stock motor has a 12mm hole spacing (prop mount holes) the tri-blade adaptors will work.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 11:51 AM
Find More Posts by flappybird
Joined Feb 2014
28 Posts
Sleepyc

Thanks!
flappybird is offline Find More Posts by flappybird
Old Aug 15, 2014, 12:10 PM
Find More Posts by blueskycutter
Joined Oct 2013
167 Posts
Hey guys, I have an original S800 from a couple of years back and I still struggle with the original DJI CF 15" props. I rebuilt the arms with the CF sleeve mod but still have issues. I am at a higher elevation of 6,800 ft so I have needed additional lift from day one. I have always had balance issues with these original props, have tried many alternatives but have not found anything that fits the bill.

Does anyone know how well these folding props would work on my original S800 with its 4114-11 KV 320 motors? I am still trying to make use of this S800. At first I thought that the idea of a folding prop seemed very gimmicky but I'm willing to give them a try if I can gain a bit more info, especially from someone who has tried them on an S800.
blueskycutter is offline Find More Posts by blueskycutter
Last edited by blueskycutter; Aug 15, 2014 at 12:29 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 12:24 PM
Find More Posts by tritan
Joined Apr 2007
1,942 Posts
If you are on that high altitude why not try the three blade version? I have bought 8 set of this for my X8 but not tried it yet.
tritan is online now Find More Posts by tritan
Old Aug 15, 2014, 12:35 PM
Joined Oct 2013
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritan View Post
If you are on that high altitude why not try the three blade version? I have bought 8 set of this for my X8 but not tried it yet.
The three blade might be a good solution as I would imagine that the third blade helps to provide greater lift. With the original props and the 320 KV motors the pitch is only 4.5 if I remember correctly and it seems that these folding props are at a higher pitch. This might be an issue. Also, I see that these are actually 15.6 inches (in 2 blade or 3 blade configuration) which will be too big for my S800 that allows for only 15 inches. If it isn't one thing it's another.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 02:47 PM
Find More Posts by tritan
Joined Apr 2007
1,942 Posts
One solution would be to carefully cut thoose extra .6 off or use original 15" DJI foldable in the 3-blade config.
The extra pitch could actually be benefical to you at your altitude.
tritan is online now Find More Posts by tritan
Old Aug 15, 2014, 02:59 PM
Joined Oct 2013
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritan View Post
One solution would be to carefully cut thoose extra .6 off or use original 15" DJI foldable in the 3-blade config.
The extra pitch could actually be benefical to you at your altitude.
I thought about cutting the tips off too, and have done that sort of thing before, but then I would be back to a balancing nightmare. Especially with a folding prop. I can't imagine why they chose to make these .6" longer. They lost a big part of their market; guys like me who are still trying to get their old S800 to fly right.

I once bought a set of CF props (maybe from RCTimer ?) that were 15 X 5.5. I thought that this extra pitch would be the ticket for additional lift and it did seem to help initially so I was excited. When I played my video back it was terrible. The vibration was out of control. I changed all sorts of settings in the Assistant software trying to compensate but I never did figure out if this was due to their being terribly out of balance or if the greater pitch was the issue. I agonized over balancing them as I always do with all props but they were still a huge disappointment. This was when I finally set this S800 aside and built my own heavy hauler units. I am trying to revisit this again to see if I can salvage some of my investment in the S800 and the WKM to use as a backup unit.