New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 12:00 AM
Find More Posts by Jasen40
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,561 Posts
Its good price to keep as a spare.

Guys what are using for shims? my drive train was loose and not making good contact between c&d. I have tried an o-ring and a washer, but the drive train ended up to tight. I can't find the sweet spot. This bird is spending to much waiting to fly, due to my limited free time for repairs.
It's one thing to have to make repairs for dumb thumbs, but getting stuck on a bench because I cannot get the drive train correct really sucks.
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 12:06 AM
Find More Posts by rynldgalano
REYNALDO
Cyprus, Nicosia
Joined Dec 2011
254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post

Guys what are using for shims? my drive train was loose and not making good contact between c&d. I have tried an o-ring and a washer, but the drive train ended up to tight. I can't find the sweet spot. This bird is spending to much waiting to fly, due to my limited free time for repairs.
It's one thing to have to make repairs for dumb thumbs, but getting stuck on a bench because I cannot get the drive train correct really sucks.
130x is like a real aircraft that need a proper attentions, had you tried to push all the way in to the body frame the tail boom, this way you have a proper contacts on your tail gears.
rynldgalano is online now Find More Posts by rynldgalano
Old Today, 02:25 AM
Find More Posts by deonjams
Philippines, NCR, QC
Joined Dec 2011
858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post

You shouldn't need shims if your boom length is correct and you are pushing it all together correctly
deonjams is offline Find More Posts by deonjams
Old Today, 06:51 AM
Find More Posts by dteel
I failed to crash a heli once!
United States, CA, El Cajon
Joined Mar 2014
2,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynldgalano View Post
130x is like a real aircraft that need a proper attentions, had you tried to push all the way in to the body frame the tail boom, this way you have a proper contacts on your tail gears.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deonjams View Post
You shouldn't need shims if your boom length is correct and you are pushing it all together correctly
I have to agree with both of these gentlemen.

I've never had very good luck using the "push it together" method working though.

The good news is that it can be assembled so that the gear mesh is perfect, but I've never been able to push the tail boom into the frame, I typically have to separate the frame to get it to go where it needs. I have tried, man have I ever tried to push them in. I considered using my vice once but it didn't open far enough.

I suppose one could sand down the boom but I'd be concerned that it wouldn't stay in place if I did that.

That has been my experience, others may have had better luck pushing the tail boom into the frame, but that has never worked for me.
dteel is online now Find More Posts by dteel