New Products Flash Sale
Old May 13, 2015, 03:51 PM
Find More Posts by Woooody
United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2013
327 Posts
Whoa, didn't see a lot wrong with those landings (the first a little 'hot' but level)- surprised to see the damage considering!

Just looking for a good value mouldie to scratch my sloping itch since I (faulty elevator servo) killed my RCRCM Sunbird. Ask Feefo how well THEY fly!
Woooody is offline Find More Posts by Woooody
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2015, 03:53 PM
Find More Posts by bdelapen
Sponsored by Team de la Peña
United States, FL, Pembroke Pines
Joined Aug 2008
2,727 Posts
Sorry to derail the thread but if you are looking for a slope soarer here are a couple of better options than trying to turn a pylon racer into a slope soarer:

Entry level:
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...arehouse_.html

Very very very nice:
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store..._60_Inch_.html (not sure if this one is available in the EU or UK warehouse)

- Birger
bdelapen is offline Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old May 13, 2015, 04:00 PM
Find More Posts by Woooody
United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2013
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdelapen View Post
Sorry to derail the thread but if you are looking for a slope soarer here are a couple of better options than trying to turn a pylon racer into a slope soarer:

Entry level:
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...arehouse_.html

Very very very nice:
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store..._60_Inch_.html (not sure if this one is available in the EU or UK warehouse)

- Birger
bdelapen, that was rather spooky with regard to the Sunbird- I've also had a couple of Speedo Thermos (similar to the first link

I should have explained a little better- I love my EFX Racer and would, at some point, like something a little faster (150mph). This airframe fits the bill but I'd like to slope it before installing the amps at a future time.

Cheers.
Woooody is offline Find More Posts by Woooody
Old May 13, 2015, 05:33 PM
Find More Posts by feefo
#Finally....
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,813 Posts
It's a bit of a chunky bird Woody, I don't think it's ideal as a sloper TBH. I'd only look at bigger wind/better lift days. The problem is with a sloper you fit a servo tray and ballast tube and you bond all of this to the nose and wing saddle area and it adds tons of strength in comparison to a nose area that is intended for a motor and battery etc. Other option could be set it up with a folder on it, depends if you club allows it?

Get another SB, or maybe the Razor (known as the Flying Fish on the UK forums) and keep the Reverb to a power model for the field
feefo is offline Find More Posts by feefo
Old May 16, 2015, 11:20 PM
Find More Posts by parajared
no guts no glory
United States, AZ, Prescott
Joined Oct 2013
528 Posts
I read up on fiberglass repair and performed my first fiberglass repair on my poor Reverb. Everything seemed to harden up really strong and I made the jump from 3s to 4s today to good success.

When I got home I was thinking about 5s and attached my 5s battery to my amp meter and my YEP esc that I bought for the big day I would be drawing more than my 45 amp esc would allow and apparently some prankster slipped a couple of firecrackers into my airplane when I wasn't looking because right around the time I hit 68 amps on 5s I heard two little explosions from inside the fuselage. I pulled out the esc and smoke was wafting away from the capacitors.

I ran down to Radio Shack and bought a couple of 1000u 35v capacitors and soldered them on to where the old caps were. I fired everything up again and immediately one of the caps blew again. May need a whole new esc. Here's a pic of my attempt at capacitor replacement.
parajared is offline Find More Posts by parajared
Old May 18, 2015, 05:31 PM
Find More Posts by nighthawk0077
Joined Oct 2009
1,596 Posts
V2 -- Maiden!

Well last night I spent a couple hours putting the final touches on my new V2 Reverb in hopes of a maiden today.

Running essentially the same power system as my old one (Turnigy 380L V-Spec with 80 flights on it, and Plush speedy), but with slim wing digital servos all around. Winds were real tricky today with a couple very experienced pilots at our club crashing on short final due to wind stall. Used a graupner 5.5 X 4.3 prop with graupner spinner for maiden. It wasn't pretty but she launched and got airborne

Needed just two clicks of aileron trim, flew around at half throttle for a couple mins to get re-acquainted with this speed demon before opening it up to 3/4 or so. Wow either I forgot how fast these are or the V2 (sans toothpick mod ) is even quicker. It felt nice and locked in with my old rates carried over from last year.

After landing I noticed the motor was extremely hot, well turns out I neglected to cut out the cooling holes as these are not pre-cut on this version
nighthawk0077 is online now Find More Posts by nighthawk0077